Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

I hope Kevin Bryne addresses this in his Friday weekly blogs on BR.com!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Ellerbe was rumored to be in the dog house last year but he's the starter right now and even before Lewis injury he playing equal sometimes more snaps to McClain.
    Ellerbes "doghouse" was two years ago. Last year he was simply injury prone. He was called out publicly for his work ethic and the praised publicly for changing it before last year. He made the changes necessary and the coaches have rewarded him with playing time. Perfect example of his "doghouse" being only for performance/practice issues and benefiting the player in the long run with zero grudges.
    -JAB

I love this team.

That's my kind of person, let alone an NFL coach.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That article further reinforces my opinion about Harbaugh being a great leader. Clearly, Harbaugh has read How to Win Friends and Influence People multiple times because everything he does is taken straight from that book. And if you haven't read that book, it's a must read.
    Just ordered it. Thanks for the rec.

Reminds me of what Coughlin did actually - reconcile his hard headed style with getting his locker room back together.

What has he got his team to do in the last few years? Two Lombardis.

If Harbs can emulate Coughlin, I could not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If all of Harbaugh's actions had been perceived to have been justified due to player performance, there would not have been any underlying tension. I am not saying that I think this is a major thing, just that the quote that I cited appeared to me to claim a level of objectivity on the part of Harbaugh that I don't think a number of players would agree that he has demonstrated.
    That is - if their problems with him had anything to do with what you preceive to be a doghouse or favoring/disfavoring certain players. There's nothing in the article to indicate that whatever problems some players had with him were about that. There were issues about a padded practice, his demeanor, and his being moddy, overly negative and brusque.

I see nothing there to indicate any issues with playing time or fairness with players. In fact, I would submit that the players are front and center in knowing exactly why certain players aren't playing because they are there to witness the lack of effort on the field (practice and games), in meetings and in the weight room.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I find it odd that Cam was the one pushing for the no huddle. Hes the OC if he wants it, shouldnt that be the end of it? Its kind of implying Harbaugh is sticking his two sense into the offense, maybe not to its benefit?

I think Harbaugh as a leader has and continues to be good and fair. As a player, i couldnt imagine a much better scenario, especially with how many stubborn coaches are out there. However, i dislike that our players get upset about practicing in pads after an ass kicking the week before. It may have led to a greater conversation, but the fact that they didnt want to strap pads on and got their way seems like they werent "embracing the grind".
    Yep. I have come to the conclusion that the crappy offense is the choice of Harbs. Jim and John have the same offensive philosophy. Difference being his brother actually has the personnel to make it succeed. I am not a fan of Cam and still think he needs to go but I am placing more and more of the blame on Harbs. It is like Cam runs John's crappy game plan until they get down by enough and then he is allowed to open it up. New England, Cowboys and San Diego top of mine where the offense looked awful until the team fell behind by 10 points.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Yep. I have come to the conclusion that the crappy offense is the choice of Harbs. Jim and John have the same offensive philosophy. Difference being his brother actually has the personnel to make it succeed. I am not a fan of Cam and still think he needs to go but I am placing more and more of the blame on Harbs. It is like Cam runs John's crappy game plan until they get down by enough and then he is allowed to open it up. New England, Cowboys and San Diego top of mine where the offense looked awful until the team fell behind by 10 points.
    I've been saying this all year - the HC approves the gameplans and he wants to play low scoring possession games especially on the road. Can't knock him too much; it's working ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    And we have a glimpse of what Steve Bisciotti saw when he decided to hire this new HC....
    that is not an evaluation he can easily convey to the media/fans, but years later we get a glimpse of why Steve is successful because he evaluates people/leadership extremely well.
    Well, let's not forget that Bisciotti originally offered the job to Jason Garrett. Thankfully, that didn't end up happening!

And what a great read that article was. I can say from experience, it is a really, really difficult job being "the boss". I admire the way John Harbaugh is going about it.

So is the flavor of this thread that Harbaugh is the Bad Guy and if he just lets Cam loose, this Offense will take off? So it is not Cam holding Flacco down; it is Harbaugh stifling Cam?

Very interesting. Maybe Cam should replace him.
    Captain Offense

While everyone is pretty much exhausted over the Harbaugh/Rex Ryan debate, I think this article really illustrates the difference between the two. Rex admitted to losing the locker room and when Harbaugh felt he was losing it he fought for it and made it stronger. Not to mention, the Ravens don't have "anonymous" players slamming one another in the press. I think it's a testament to the character of this team that NOT A WORD of this leaked out over a month-long span. If this kind of thing happened to the Jets or the Cowboys we'd have heard about it on ESPN nonstop. It's a great sign of professionalism that this kind of thing stayed in house.