Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 145
  1. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story



    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Are you suggesting that someone doesn't play because Harbaugh has a grudge against them?
    I think Harbaugh plays favorites. He elevates guys he likes and sidetracks guys that he doesn't like. That could be due to real or perceived lack of effort during practice by players or due to the personality of certain players. My point is that some decisions that Harbaugh makes IMO are not based on performance on the field, but on very subjective criteria. I guess every coach does that to a certain extent, but I read from Harbaugh's quote that he bases his actions on objective criteria, which I disagree with.




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,273

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Harbaugh plays favorites. He elevates guys he likes and sidetracks guys that he doesn't like. That could be due to real or perceived lack of effort during practice by players or due to the personality of certain players. My point is that some decisions that Harbaugh makes IMO are not based on performance on the field, but on very subjective criteria. I guess every coach does that to a certain extent, but I read from Harbaugh's quote that he bases his actions on objective criteria, which I disagree with.
    Curious.

    So what evidence would you say shows that Harbaugh plays this kind of subjective favorites?

    Because when I look at the body of work over time, those who have been in his so-called "dog house" are, in fact, players we now know were, shall we say, not giving 100%.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #27

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Great article, but I have to call BS on this Harbaugh quote:



    Harbaugh most definately has a doghouse, which I would equate to holding a grudge.
    First off, every coach has a "doghouse" for those that aren't practicing hard, are out of shape, late for meetings or miss assignments in games.

    It's not a "grudge" if you are allowed out of the doghouse if you do what is expected of you - see Le'Ron McClain, Ellerbe and McGahee. For others who don't - Gaither, McKinnie - it's also not a "grudge" because they never started doing what you were supposed to be doing.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  4. #28

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Harbaugh plays favorites. He elevates guys he likes and sidetracks guys that he doesn't like. That could be due to real or perceived lack of effort during practice by players or due to the personality of certain players. My point is that some decisions that Harbaugh makes IMO are not based on performance on the field, but on very subjective criteria. I guess every coach does that to a certain extent, but I read from Harbaugh's quote that he bases his actions on objective criteria, which I disagree with.
    I disagree with the use of the word "favorites" but will concede that there could very well be a like/dislike component with regards to who's playing or not. However I do believe this component is very miniscule though. At the end of the day if play like a raven you'll be active on gameday with a chance to play and produce.




  5. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Curious.

    So what evidence would you say shows that Harbaugh plays this kind of subjective favorites?

    Because when I look at the body of work over time, those who have been in his so-called "dog house" are, in fact, players we now know were, shall we say, not giving 100%.
    The only thing even close to evidence, is, the end of season presser for last year (I think) Steve said he has pressured Harbaugh to play younger unproven guys early instead of waiting till the get closer to the end of their initial contract. He wanted to start getting production while they were cheap, instead of production when they would soon be expensive.

    While that's not a doghouse, that's as close as I can get to a doghouse AKA, being young.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Middle River
    Posts
    3,130
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    And we have a glimpse of what Steve Bisciotti saw when he decided to hire this new HC....
    that is not an evaluation he can easily convey to the media/fans, but years later we get a glimpse of why Steve is successful because he evaluates people/leadership extremely well.

    Great article, thanks.
    Last edited by Rxdoxx; 11-28-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: tyop
    To be on a pedestal is to be in a corner




  7. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,731
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    This is scary. It sounds like these are issues that have been boiling over for a while now and it just erupted. To Harbaugh's credit, he handled it well. I am just hoping whatever was going on is behind them.




  8. #32

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    First off, every coach has a "doghouse" for those that aren't practicing hard, are out of shape, late for meetings or miss assignments in games.

    It's not a "grudge" if you are allowed out of the doghouse if you do what is expected of you - see Le'Ron McClain, Ellerbe and McGahee. For others who didn't - Gaither, McKinnie - it's also not a "grudge" because you never started doing what you were supposed to be doing.
    Well said. Why couldn't I just come out and articulate that LOL




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,328
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Great read, thanks for posting.

    Interesting that Cam was pushing for the no huddle but I think many already know that the ultra conservative play comes from Harbaugh, despite the millions of Cam bashing threads on here. Glad Harb's is the HC
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,731
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Harbaugh plays favorites. He elevates guys he likes and sidetracks guys that he doesn't like. That could be due to real or perceived lack of effort during practice by players or due to the personality of certain players. My point is that some decisions that Harbaugh makes IMO are not based on performance on the field, but on very subjective criteria. I guess every coach does that to a certain extent, but I read from Harbaugh's quote that he bases his actions on objective criteria, which I disagree with.
    I challenge you to name one example. I bet they all go back to performance.

    Ellerbe was rumored to be in the dog house last year but he's the starter right now and even before Lewis injury he playing equal sometimes more snaps to McClain.

    There was no love lost between Harbs and Cmac, we all know that Cmac got benched for that game @ Miami. But what selective memories forget, is that the game before @ Indy, Cmac was absolutely torched by Marvin Harrison, who was less than spectacular before and after that game.

    Dwill. Out of the NFL right now.

    Gaither. On his way out of the NFL right now.

    Barnes. Recorded 5 sacks in 38 games as a Raven. Has had one good year, last season, and the Chargers still went out and got JJ to replace him. And this year like 6 of the 7 other years of his career, he's been a non-factor.

    Who else you got?




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This is scary. It sounds like these are issues that have been boiling over for a while now and it just erupted. To Harbaugh's credit, he handled it well. I am just hoping whatever was going on is behind them.
    I agree with you here. It is obvious that there were issues that a number of players had with Harbaugh. To his credit, he seems to have handled the situation well. If all of Harbaugh's actions had been perceived to have been justified due to player performance, there would not have been any underlying tension. I am not saying that I think this is a major thing, just that the quote that I cited appeared to me to claim a level of objectivity on the part of Harbaugh that I don't think a number of players would agree that he has demonstrated.




  12. #36

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great read, thanks for posting.

    Interesting that Cam was pushing for the no huddle but I think many already know that the ultra conservative play comes from Harbaugh, despite the millions of Cam bashing threads on here. Glad Harb's is the HC
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say "many already knew" that, because there was virtually no evidence of that outside of conjecture. But this article DOES lend some credence to that theory, and we do know that Cam is CAPABLE of putting together a very good, modern game plan. There very well could be something to the notion that Harbaugh has more influence in dictating the conservative approach than we have previously thought.

    The article depicts Harbaugh and the Ravens coaching staff very favorably, outside of that one thing--if Harbaugh is the one influencing Cam Cameron to keep it conservative, that's not a good thing, it's a bad thing.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland