Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Well, I hear in game and on SiriusXM NFL network which I listen to all the time differently, but as you say I don't wear the shades.
    Well buy yourself some and enjoy a damn game every once in a while

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

Well, I am a fan of the NFL. I watch a lot of teams, a lot of games not just Raven's games.

Negativity? Sure, I do not like John Harbaugh as a head coach. Playing not to lose is not the way the NFL is shaped and it has cost us in the PLAYOFFS.

Sky isn't falling at all. But because you are doing well, this is no time to stop pushing, demanding more, driving harder. That is what it takes to be a champion. All this winning adds up to no Super Bowl wins. Period. If John leaves here without a Lombardi, his tenure is a failure. Between the Patriots, the Steelers, and the Giants, there are over a half dozen titles, what do we have? Nothing.

Any given day? I agree whole heartily with that assertion, but reality is we have a piss poor offense on the road that can not be counted on to put up 30+ against the Texans, the Patriots, or the Broncos.
    Well the ravens definately have the heart of a champion and are fully capable of playing like one. It won't be easy given our issues on the road. Let's not forget that while there are many working components in the quest for the Lombardi, luck is certainly one of them. All past superbowl champions had some element of luck during their superbowl season. Charges game I believe is a foreshadow of things to come.

Blog Entries

this league is pretty damn competitive and any win is awesome. you can always whine about this and that but every year the SB is won by a team that defied the odds and/or got lucky depending on your view

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I didn't hijack anything, I disagreed with the message and it's implications about the team coming together. You need a class in debate.
    I'm quite fine with debate thank you. But when every thread turns into this loser mentality stuff, it starts to grate. We are close to clinching the damn division, going to the playoffs AGAIN, and have the receivers who can catch that last second pass to get us to the dance. But reading this forum, the team is 2-9, or just lucky, or destined to fail.

Its like the Randy Quaid character from Major League 2 when the Indians started winning again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

We have the most wins of any team since 2008. And yet because of a couple of drops in crucial moments we have no rings to show for it. Clearly we should fire everyone, dump Flacco, and trade six firsts for Andy Dalton and Marvin Lewis. You know, proven champions.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Well buy yourself some and enjoy a damn game every once in a while

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Well the ravens definately have the heart of a champion and are fully capable of playing like one. It won't be easy given our issues on the road. Let's not forget that while there are many working components in the quest for the Lombardi, luck is certainly one of them. All past superbowl champions had some element of luck during their superbowl season. Charges game I believe is a foreshadow of things to come.
    Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    this league is pretty damn competitive and any win is awesome. you can always whine about this and that but every year the SB is won by a team that defied the odds and/or got lucky depending on your view
    Again, Tyree... Very much like 4th and 29. I just don't want to replace that Raven on our helmet with a shamrock.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'm quite fine with debate thank you. But when every thread turns into this loser mentality stuff, it starts to grate. We are close to clinching the damn division, going to the playoffs AGAIN, and have the receivers who can catch that last second pass to get us to the dance. But reading this forum, the team is 2-9, or just lucky, or destined to fail.

Its like the Randy Quaid character from Major League 2 when the Indians started winning again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    I feel you Stinger. We may have opposing views, and I do enjoy every game, grousing or not, and my hope is John Harbaugh makes me eat every word I ever typed about him, I get you your point. There are a few that would like us to lose every game and I can see how I get caught up in the mentality that I am one of them, but I am not.

No hate bros...

Why do we, as fans, who have absolutely 0 effect on what happens during preparations and on Sundays; have to worry about getting complacent?
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Why do we, as fans, who have absolutely 0 effect on what happens during preparations and on Sundays; have to worry about getting complacent?
    That always cracks me up when people say don't take such and such team for granted. What the hell does it matter if we take some team for granted? We aren't playing or coaching. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post

I disagree. We are the 12th man. To say fans don't have an impact on the game is flat out wrong. Hence our home record.

Fans at the game have an effect sure, but when is The Vault not rocking? We can afford to talk past teams here on a message board all we want.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

I disagree. We are the 12th man. To say fans don't have an impact on the game is flat out wrong. Hence our home record.
    Considering I haven't been to a home game this year, I disagree. Not every person that posts on this forum goes to games. Also, fans are crazy at the stadium regardless of who is playing.

Way to spin it...

In terms of a tangible effect yes - but fans don't affect the outcome in terms of being complacent. We can be complacent, but as long as we're loud and buying tickets - then what else can be done?

Nothing.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.