Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

Look guys, I am not saying we aren't a good team. But history here has shown, when playoffs hit, we fall short and speeches abound and all I see, and other people of great football knowledge and experience such as Steve Young, point out that the players ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. It is coaching. You can point to Cam, I can point to Harbaugh, and apparently the players voiced similar.

So don't give me shit if I don't wear the purple shades or drink the Kool-aid, there are PLENTY of football experts, even Madden that agree we do the the least with the most. Because you won't vocalize it, or are upset that I as a member of the fan base do has no bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Speak for yourself. They've looked shitty on the road this year. Do I want it fixed? Hell yeah. Do I consider us fortunate to be 9-2? Damn straight. Do I think it's impossible for us to win one game against a good team away from our stadium? No, not at all.

One dropped pass from a Super Bowl last year. I want so badly to see us get there this year. It's fucking hard to win the Super Bowl. You need good players, good coaching, and good fortune. I think we have all three, although it appears we have a little more of the latter this year.
    I think as it stands right now. The Ravens have the best ROAD record. Since we have played more on the road then anyone else.. 9-2 is 9-2

They way we got there is a diffrent story. Players outplayed themselves. Because it sure was not the coaches coaching any diffrent!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Look guys, I am not saying we aren't a good team. But history here has shown, when playoffs hit, we fall short and speeches abound and all I see, and other people of great football knowledge and experience such as Steve Young, point out that the players ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. It is coaching. You can point to Cam, I can point to Harbaugh, and apparently the players voiced similar.

So don't give me shit if I don't wear the purple shades or drink the Kool-aid, their are PLENTY of football experts, even Madden that agree we do the the least with the most. Because you won't vocalize it, or are upset that I as a member of the fan base do has no bearing.
    You know what fuck it, have fun (whatever the small amount you can muster ) watching the game Sunday.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Ahhh the ol' [insert favorite teams colors] shades or [insert favorite teams color] kool-aid argument that is a staple of posters who dwell in sea of negativity, whenever someone doesn't agree with them.
    No, if you go back, this was in response to nonsense like 'this is like an Eagles board'.

I don't dwell in negativity, I simply call it like I see it. This team has gotten damn lucky. Same people who called the Patriots, the Steelers ( more times than anyone on this board can count ) lucky.

Don't be such a hypocrite and act like I am wrapping a shroud of contempt against the Ravens simply because I feel John Harbaugh needs to do more X's and O's book work to get us to the promised land.

Matter of fact, why don't you tell me why John Madden and Steve Young are so wrong? That part is harder than slight personal attacks on my take about Kool-Aid.

So don't give me shit if I don't wear the purple shades or drink the Kool-aid, there are PLENTY of football experts, even Madden that agree we do the the least with the most. Because you won't vocalize it, or are upset that I as a member of the fan base do has no bearing.
    What exactly is wrong about wearing purple shades while still acknowledging that the ravens have issues. I think most of us fall in this category. I have to yet to see a fan on this board say all is well with the ravens. What drives me crazy is the amount of negativity that comes from some posters. They act like the sky is falling. They never have anything positive to say about the team. You say you've been watching football a long time, then you should know that on any given day anyone can be beat.

I'll admit it - I do wear purple shades and drink purple kool-aid. I enjoy every win and I'm crushed by every loss. I enjoy the entire journey along the way; if the Ravens fail to win the Super Bowl, yeah I'll be disappointed but it won't take away form the fun I've had along the way.

This is just the way I look at it, and the way I live my life in general. I'm certainly not going to make myself miserable worrying about what may or may not happen in the future.
    Last edited by Mr OC; 11-29-2012 at 09:33 PM.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

No, if you go back, this was in response to nonsense like 'this is like an Eagles board'.

I don't dwell in negativity, I simply call it like I see it. This team has gotten damn lucky. Same people who called the Patriots, the Steelers ( more times than anyone on this board can count ) lucky.

Don't be such a hypocrite and act like I am wrapping a shroud of contempt against the Ravens simply because I feel John Harbaugh needs to do more X's and O's book work to get us to the promised land.

Matter of fact, why don't you tell me why John Madden and Steve Young are so wrong? That part is harder than slight personal attacks on my take about Kool-Aid.
    Bottom line? They didn't make it to the Super bowl because of a dropped pass and a missed kick, you wanna point to outside analyst to prove your point? EVERY talking head pointed to that as the reason not Harbaugh not throwing to Q.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What exactly is wrong about wearing purple shades while still acknowledging that the ravens have issues. I think most of us fall in this category. I have to yet to see a fan on this board say all is well with the ravens. What drives me crazy is the amount of negativity that comes from some posters. They act like the sky is falling. They never have anything positive to say about the team. You say you've been watching football a long time, then you should know that on any given day anyone can be beat.
    Well, I am a fan of the NFL. I watch a lot of teams, a lot of games not just Raven's games.

Negativity? Sure, I do not like John Harbaugh as a head coach. Playing not to lose is not the way the NFL is shaped and it has cost us in the PLAYOFFS.

Sky isn't falling at all. But because you are doing well, this is no time to stop pushing, demanding more, driving harder. That is what it takes to be a champion. All this winning adds up to no Super Bowl wins. Period. If John leaves here without a Lombardi, his tenure is a failure. Between the Patriots, the Steelers, and the Giants, there are over a half dozen titles, what do we have? Nothing.

Any given day? I agree whole heartily with that assertion, but reality is we have a piss poor offense on the road that can not be counted on to put up 30+ against the Texans, the Patriots, or the Broncos.

No, if you go back, this was in response to nonsense like 'this is like an Eagles board'..
    Which was in response to hijacking this thread into another "we are going to lose" thread filled with negativity.

Yeah, an Eagles board. And I'm starting not to give a shit who has a problem with this.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What exactly is wrong about wearing purple shades while still acknowledging that the ravens have issues.
    Not a damn thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Bottom line? They didn't make it to the Super bowl because of a dropped pass and a missed kick, you wanna point to outside analyst to prove your point? EVERY talking head pointed to that as the reason not Harbaugh not throwing to Q.

Well, I hear in game and on SiriusXM NFL network which I listen to all the time differently, but as you say I don't wear the shades.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Which was in response to hijacking this thread into another "we are going to lose" thread filled with negativity.

Yeah, an Eagles board. And I'm starting not to give a shit who has a problem with this.

I didn't hijack anything, I disagreed with the message and it's implications about the team coming together. You need a class in debate.