Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I'd rather not see even positive threads about how the team's coach handled adversity not turn into another "we suck and we are going to lose" threads.

Honestly I am glad and hopeful that Ravens players don't acually read our forum and see how down some fans are about a 9-2 football team about to win another division title and go to the playoffs for the 5th year in a row.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Can you please point to where anyone said "we suck and we are going to lose"?

This is the same thing you did in the Flacco thread where a few people criticized him and you go off about people saying he sucks and how "we should just get rid of him".

Complete hyperbole and unfounded.

I think John Harbaugh is a dick. And to be honest, this article bears out what I've spoken about over the years. The guy has treated people in the organization like shit for years.

Maybe he's changed. Who knows.

I still think it's sort of a powder keg that could blow up if this team did indeed face some adversity (i.e. losing).

So what? It's an opinion. Nowhere does it say anything about hoping to lose or sucking.

The story doesn't strike everyone the same way. Some see it as a great thing. Others see some pretty intense feelings on both sides that were obviously simmering and not exactly great.

Why can't we just respond to what's actually posted?

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    The last two pages?

This is the same thing you did in the Flacco thread where a few people criticized him and you go off about people saying he sucks and how "we should just get rid of him".

BS of course, but at least it was relevant to the thread. This thread had NOTHING to do with where the topic has gone.

I think John Harbaugh is a dick. And to be honest, this article bears out what I've spoken about over the years. The guy has treated people in the organization like shit for years.

I still think it's sort of a powder keg that could blow up if this team did indeed face some adversity (i.e. losing).

So what? It's an opinion. Nowhere does it say anything about hoping to lose or sucking.
    Go back a page.

PP
    Great question. Once again the thread gets hijacked into another direction. How about we get back on the topic of John Harbaugh and how he handled a "nw mutany" and save how we're going to get bounced from the playoffs in round two for another thread?

The story doesn't strike everyone the same way. Some see it as a great thing. Others see some pretty intense feelings on both sides that were obviously simmering and not exactly great.

PP

You believe that he treated people in the organization (players, coaches and staff alike) like shit because some players were pissed about him having a bad attitude sometimes and making them practice in pads? For years

To use your words.

PP
    How any rational human being can read a story about a coach responding to insubordination by turning it into an opportunity for the team to grow closer together before going on a 4 game winning streak that includes two incredibly gutsy road wins including one against our hated rivals is beyond me.

Players were fucking quoted as saying he was amazing and a great leader for how he handled it.

If the article said he gave candy to children you'd spin it by saying he supports tooth decay and obesity.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    If the article said he gave candy to children you'd spin it by saying he supports tooth decay and obesity.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Sorry, when I am served up bullshit, I'm not going to swallow it and call it pudding. You guys may laud an 9-2 record that could easily be 6-5 or 10-1. Fact is, this team makes the playoffs, year in and year out.

Who gives a shit? At the end of they day, you are among 31 other losers who didn't win the Super Bowl. End, done, game point.

I'm not giving John Harbaugh an INCH of slack. I am sitting at home watching Anquan Boldin SCHOOL Julian Edleman in the AFCC game and he is BARELY thrown to all game. Your goddamn right I am going to point to things like that and say what the hell? Really, John see's more than I do with his host of assistants and Cam. You didn't need to be Bill Walsh or Bill Parcells to notice a fucking 4th string wide reciever is covering one of the BEST wide reciever's in the game, yet somehow it comes down to Lee's drop and Cundiff's kick.

Bullshit. A head coach should be ahead of me, ahead of the announcers, and ahead of all the Patriot fan's laughing their collective asses off that no one on our team seems to notice weaknesses on opponents and attack it.

Oh boy a team, love in. John saw the light. Whatever. The offense still looks like complete garbage on the road and an massive luck has helped us. That shit will run out.

I hope I am wrong, I hope when we play whomever and some weak ass DB is covering Q, or Smith, we attack, instead of turtling a lead.

What is worse, I have to come on hear and hear crap because I don't buy into the 'positive message'. When positive messages translate into Lombardi trophies, I will give a shit, till then this is nothing more than a feel good message to appease fans.

Do you really think that I am going to just allow sunshine to be blown up my ass because some of you do? I have watched football a long time and there is NO WAY in hell this team goes into Denver, New England, or Houston and ends up in the Super Bowl. You know it, I know it, and everyone who plays defense on teams that count know this.
    Last edited by Captain Silver; 11-29-2012 at 08:41 PM.

You must be a fucking blast at parties.

I literally don't understand how someone can enjoy a game that clearly makes them so miserable.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    You must be a fucking blast at parties.

I literally don't understand how someone can enjoy a game that clearly makes them so miserable.
    Seriously, this bro needs to hit the blunt and cool the fuck off.

I just don't get what joy there is in watching a game seemingly just waiting for the hammer to drop. There can't be any fun in that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Makes me laugh. In the words of Eddie Debartalo, Joe Montana, and Ronnie Lott. To not win a Super Bowl was a failure of a year. I don't understand why so many people here are so complacent about not winning a Super Bowl. This team on paper has been gold for years and it has been coaching, X's and O's that have kept us from the ring.

Also, try and come at me with something better than what I do at parties or use drugs. Talk about weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Makes me laugh. In the words of Eddie Debartalo, Joe Montana, and Ronnie Lott. To not win a Super Bowl was a failure of a year. I don't understand why so many people here are so complacent about not winning a Super Bowl. This team on paper has been gold for years and it has been coaching, X's and O's that have kept us from the ring.

Also, try and come at me with something better than what I do at parties or use drugs. Talk about weak.
    Who is complacent about not winning? Just because we don't all focus on what's wrong or could go wrong with the team in every game doesn't mean we're satisfied with barely getting there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I have watched football a long time and there is NO WAY in hell this team goes into Denver, New England, or Houston and ends up in the Super Bowl. You know it, I know it, and everyone who plays defense on teams that count know this.
    Speak for yourself. They've looked shitty on the road this year. Do I want it fixed? Hell yeah. Do I consider us fortunate to be 9-2? Damn straight. Do I think it's impossible for us to win one game against a good team away from our stadium? No, not at all.

One dropped pass from a Super Bowl last year. I want so badly to see us get there this year. It's fucking hard to win the Super Bowl. You need good players, good coaching, and good fortune. I think we have all three, although it appears we have a little more of the latter this year.