Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What a great time for the team to start to rally around one another.

I am far more impressed with this than the win in SD. This is far more the catalyst for a SB run than a win against a team what we, on paper, should have blown out.

This is the stuff that propels teams to a higher level.
    i.e. The San Deigo come back ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    i.e. The San Deigo come back ;)
    Exactly!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What a great time for the team to start to rally around one another.

I am far more impressed with this than the win in SD. This is far more the catalyst for a SB run than a win against a team what we, on paper, should have blown out.

This is the stuff that propels teams to a higher level.
    agreed. Adversity and then bonding and strengthening by overcoming such a thing is typically a catalyst for teams that carries them.
    -JAB

That kind leadership and bonding session can definitely help teams, but I would argue not every team, and it is a very tricky thing to accomplish, so kudos to Harbs.

On some teams, especially teams that are not quite as good, and/or lack the respected veteran leadership, that kind of "everyone is equal" atmosphere can lead to blame-game distractions, where a more firm hand might keep things together. But the Ravens are good, and do have veteran leadership (player-coaches almost), so the risk of an inmates-running-asylum kind of implosion is almost non-existent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    agreed. Adversity and then bonding and strengthening by overcoming such a thing is typically a catalyst for teams that carries them.
    Also very important to have each member of a team to have a voice and feel their opinion matters. Seeing it in my work experience nothing fractures a team environment when 1, just one, ONE person, feels they're voice is not heard or doesn't matter.

Awesome awesome read. I'm more than convinced that we have the right Harbaugh. There's nothing easy about dealing with decorated veterans and strong personalities and this story proves that Harbaugh just has great people skills.
    And the part about Cam pushing for the no huddle? Really? If that's true then I might have back off Cam a little.

I have mixed feelings about this. I love what Harbaugh is able to do with social relationships. I am troubled about how practicing in full pads could have instigated this.

Yeah in High School I didn't like practicing in full pads (which also meant knee, thigh, hip, and butt pads unlike NFL players) but I just accepted that it was something you have to do. Our team at JMU practices in full pads two days a week. The new rules in the NFL only allow so many full pad practices. Having the shoulder pads on for a day cannot be that catastrophic of a difference.

I just wish I could hear everything that was said. I will be wondering that... forever. Or until we get to see America's Game: The Story of The 2012 Baltimore Ravens.

Blog Entries

Great article, but I have to call BS on this Harbaugh quote:

"I've got a rule: I never, ever, ever hold a grudge," Harbaugh said. "And I kind of have a rule that nobody else is allowed to hold a grudge, either. There are no grudges. We're a bunch of guys. We don't hold grudges. Right? We move on."
    Harbaugh most definately has a doghouse, which I would equate to holding a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Great article, but I have to call BS on this Harbaugh quote:

Harbaugh most definately has a doghouse, which I would equate to holding a grudge.
    I'm not sure about that. Are you suggesting that someone doesn't play because Harbaugh has a grudge against them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Are you suggesting that someone doesn't play because Harbaugh has a grudge against them?
    I think it's Harbaugh has a doghouse for someone who doesn't put in the effort in practice... that's about all I see.

Blog Entries

I think it's Harbaugh has a doghouse for someone who doesn't put in the effort in practice... that's about all I see.
    This.

That's exactly what I was implying in my last post to Dirt. Harbaugh fields the best 45 players on gameday not because he likes him but because they play like Ravens (i.e production, good practice habits etc).