Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 145
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story



    This is scary. It sounds like these are issues that have been boiling over for a while now and it just erupted. To Harbaugh's credit, he handled it well. I am just hoping whatever was going on is behind them.




  2. #32

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    First off, every coach has a "doghouse" for those that aren't practicing hard, are out of shape, late for meetings or miss assignments in games.

    It's not a "grudge" if you are allowed out of the doghouse if you do what is expected of you - see Le'Ron McClain, Ellerbe and McGahee. For others who didn't - Gaither, McKinnie - it's also not a "grudge" because you never started doing what you were supposed to be doing.
    Well said. Why couldn't I just come out and articulate that LOL




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,946
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Great read, thanks for posting.

    Interesting that Cam was pushing for the no huddle but I think many already know that the ultra conservative play comes from Harbaugh, despite the millions of Cam bashing threads on here. Glad Harb's is the HC
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,171
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Harbaugh plays favorites. He elevates guys he likes and sidetracks guys that he doesn't like. That could be due to real or perceived lack of effort during practice by players or due to the personality of certain players. My point is that some decisions that Harbaugh makes IMO are not based on performance on the field, but on very subjective criteria. I guess every coach does that to a certain extent, but I read from Harbaugh's quote that he bases his actions on objective criteria, which I disagree with.
    I challenge you to name one example. I bet they all go back to performance.

    Ellerbe was rumored to be in the dog house last year but he's the starter right now and even before Lewis injury he playing equal sometimes more snaps to McClain.

    There was no love lost between Harbs and Cmac, we all know that Cmac got benched for that game @ Miami. But what selective memories forget, is that the game before @ Indy, Cmac was absolutely torched by Marvin Harrison, who was less than spectacular before and after that game.

    Dwill. Out of the NFL right now.

    Gaither. On his way out of the NFL right now.

    Barnes. Recorded 5 sacks in 38 games as a Raven. Has had one good year, last season, and the Chargers still went out and got JJ to replace him. And this year like 6 of the 7 other years of his career, he's been a non-factor.

    Who else you got?




  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,988

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This is scary. It sounds like these are issues that have been boiling over for a while now and it just erupted. To Harbaugh's credit, he handled it well. I am just hoping whatever was going on is behind them.
    I agree with you here. It is obvious that there were issues that a number of players had with Harbaugh. To his credit, he seems to have handled the situation well. If all of Harbaugh's actions had been perceived to have been justified due to player performance, there would not have been any underlying tension. I am not saying that I think this is a major thing, just that the quote that I cited appeared to me to claim a level of objectivity on the part of Harbaugh that I don't think a number of players would agree that he has demonstrated.




  6. #36

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great read, thanks for posting.

    Interesting that Cam was pushing for the no huddle but I think many already know that the ultra conservative play comes from Harbaugh, despite the millions of Cam bashing threads on here. Glad Harb's is the HC
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say "many already knew" that, because there was virtually no evidence of that outside of conjecture. But this article DOES lend some credence to that theory, and we do know that Cam is CAPABLE of putting together a very good, modern game plan. There very well could be something to the notion that Harbaugh has more influence in dictating the conservative approach than we have previously thought.

    The article depicts Harbaugh and the Ravens coaching staff very favorably, outside of that one thing--if Harbaugh is the one influencing Cam Cameron to keep it conservative, that's not a good thing, it's a bad thing.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story





  8. #38

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    I hope Kevin Bryne addresses this in his Friday weekly blogs on BR.com!!!!!!




  9. #39

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Ellerbe was rumored to be in the dog house last year but he's the starter right now and even before Lewis injury he playing equal sometimes more snaps to McClain.
    Ellerbes "doghouse" was two years ago. Last year he was simply injury prone. He was called out publicly for his work ethic and the praised publicly for changing it before last year. He made the changes necessary and the coaches have rewarded him with playing time. Perfect example of his "doghouse" being only for performance/practice issues and benefiting the player in the long run with zero grudges.
    -JAB




  10. #40

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    I love this team.

    That's my kind of person, let alone an NFL coach.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  11. Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That article further reinforces my opinion about Harbaugh being a great leader. Clearly, Harbaugh has read How to Win Friends and Influence People multiple times because everything he does is taken straight from that book. And if you haven't read that book, it's a must read.
    Just ordered it. Thanks for the rec.




  12. #42

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Reminds me of what Coughlin did actually - reconcile his hard headed style with getting his locker room back together.

    What has he got his team to do in the last few years? Two Lombardis.

    If Harbs can emulate Coughlin, I could not complain.




  13. #43

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If all of Harbaugh's actions had been perceived to have been justified due to player performance, there would not have been any underlying tension. I am not saying that I think this is a major thing, just that the quote that I cited appeared to me to claim a level of objectivity on the part of Harbaugh that I don't think a number of players would agree that he has demonstrated.
    That is - if their problems with him had anything to do with what you preceive to be a doghouse or favoring/disfavoring certain players. There's nothing in the article to indicate that whatever problems some players had with him were about that. There were issues about a padded practice, his demeanor, and his being moddy, overly negative and brusque.

    I see nothing there to indicate any issues with playing time or fairness with players. In fact, I would submit that the players are front and center in knowing exactly why certain players aren't playing because they are there to witness the lack of effort on the field (practice and games), in meetings and in the weight room.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  14. #44

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I find it odd that Cam was the one pushing for the no huddle. Hes the OC if he wants it, shouldnt that be the end of it? Its kind of implying Harbaugh is sticking his two sense into the offense, maybe not to its benefit?

    I think Harbaugh as a leader has and continues to be good and fair. As a player, i couldnt imagine a much better scenario, especially with how many stubborn coaches are out there. However, i dislike that our players get upset about practicing in pads after an ass kicking the week before. It may have led to a greater conversation, but the fact that they didnt want to strap pads on and got their way seems like they werent "embracing the grind".
    Yep. I have come to the conclusion that the crappy offense is the choice of Harbs. Jim and John have the same offensive philosophy. Difference being his brother actually has the personnel to make it succeed. I am not a fan of Cam and still think he needs to go but I am placing more and more of the blame on Harbs. It is like Cam runs John's crappy game plan until they get down by enough and then he is allowed to open it up. New England, Cowboys and San Diego top of mine where the offense looked awful until the team fell behind by 10 points.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,946
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Yep. I have come to the conclusion that the crappy offense is the choice of Harbs. Jim and John have the same offensive philosophy. Difference being his brother actually has the personnel to make it succeed. I am not a fan of Cam and still think he needs to go but I am placing more and more of the blame on Harbs. It is like Cam runs John's crappy game plan until they get down by enough and then he is allowed to open it up. New England, Cowboys and San Diego top of mine where the offense looked awful until the team fell behind by 10 points.
    I've been saying this all year - the HC approves the gameplans and he wants to play low scoring possession games especially on the road. Can't knock him too much; it's working
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland