Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 145

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    425

    Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story



    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--jo...164505133.html

    Just mentioned on SiriusXM, apparently after the Texans loss the team took issue with a practice in pads on Halloween and it became a great therapy session instead of dysfunction.

    Fascinating story.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,277

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Very fascinating.

    This article needs to be stickied, tattooed, whatever to all of those who think Harbs is a tyrant or stubborn, incapable of flexibility. It takes a lot of guts and even more leadership to admit you're wrong and to then turn the moment into getting the team on board again.

    Time will tell if this propels the team into the playoffs and beyond but it's a great start!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    6,053
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    did Cam say he's been wrong?




  4. #4

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    I find it odd that Cam was the one pushing for the no huddle. Hes the OC if he wants it, shouldnt that be the end of it? Its kind of implying Harbaugh is sticking his two sense into the offense, maybe not to its benefit?

    I think Harbaugh as a leader has and continues to be good and fair. As a player, i couldnt imagine a much better scenario, especially with how many stubborn coaches are out there. However, i dislike that our players get upset about practicing in pads after an ass kicking the week before. It may have led to a greater conversation, but the fact that they didnt want to strap pads on and got their way seems like they werent "embracing the grind".
    -JAB




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,358

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I find it odd that Cam was the one pushing for the no huddle. Hes the OC if he wants it, shouldnt that be the end of it? Its kind of implying Harbaugh is sticking his two sense into the offense, maybe not to its benefit?

    I think Harbaugh as a leader has and continues to be good and fair. As a player, i couldnt imagine a much better scenario, especially with how many stubborn coaches are out there. However, i dislike that our players get upset about practicing in pads after an ass kicking the week before. It may have led to a greater conversation, but the fact that they didnt want to strap pads on and got their way seems like they werent "embracing the grind".
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #6

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I find it odd that Cam was the one pushing for the no huddle. Hes the OC if he wants it, shouldnt that be the end of it? Its kind of implying Harbaugh is sticking his two sense into the offense, maybe not to its benefit?

    I think Harbaugh as a leader has and continues to be good and fair. As a player, i couldnt imagine a much better scenario, especially with how many stubborn coaches are out there. However, i dislike that our players get upset about practicing in pads after an ass kicking the week before. It may have led to a greater conversation, but the fact that they didnt want to strap pads on and got their way seems like they werent "embracing the grind".
    Yep. I have come to the conclusion that the crappy offense is the choice of Harbs. Jim and John have the same offensive philosophy. Difference being his brother actually has the personnel to make it succeed. I am not a fan of Cam and still think he needs to go but I am placing more and more of the blame on Harbs. It is like Cam runs John's crappy game plan until they get down by enough and then he is allowed to open it up. New England, Cowboys and San Diego top of mine where the offense looked awful until the team fell behind by 10 points.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,334
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Yep. I have come to the conclusion that the crappy offense is the choice of Harbs. Jim and John have the same offensive philosophy. Difference being his brother actually has the personnel to make it succeed. I am not a fan of Cam and still think he needs to go but I am placing more and more of the blame on Harbs. It is like Cam runs John's crappy game plan until they get down by enough and then he is allowed to open it up. New England, Cowboys and San Diego top of mine where the offense looked awful until the team fell behind by 10 points.
    I've been saying this all year - the HC approves the gameplans and he wants to play low scoring possession games especially on the road. Can't knock him too much; it's working
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,150
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    That article further reinforces my opinion about Harbaugh being a great leader. Clearly, Harbaugh has read How to Win Friends and Influence People multiple times because everything he does is taken straight from that book. And if you haven't read that book, it's a must read.
    Last edited by Paintballguy; 11-28-2012 at 12:46 PM.




  9. Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That article further reinforces my opinion about Harbaugh being a great leader. Clearly, Harbaugh has read How to Win Friends and Influence People multiple times because everything he does is taken straight from that book. And if you haven't read that book, it's a must read.
    Just ordered it. Thanks for the rec.




  10. #10

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Reminds me of what Coughlin did actually - reconcile his hard headed style with getting his locker room back together.

    What has he got his team to do in the last few years? Two Lombardis.

    If Harbs can emulate Coughlin, I could not complain.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,225
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Reminds me of what Coughlin did actually - reconcile his hard headed style with getting his locker room back together.

    What has he got his team to do in the last few years? Two Lombardis.

    If Harbs can emulate Coughlin, I could not complain.
    Great point.


    I was going to say if Reed thinks HARBs has a tough camp and practice, he should see Coughlin's who has the hardest
    two a days in the NFL but he's a great one. I didn't know Coughlin had that meeting too.

    Shula had tough camps and practices too and so did Weeb. When McCafferty followed Shula, Matte and the guys
    called him Easy Rider but he won the SB too, just like Billick with Camp Cream Puff. Shannahan also ran the same camp
    so much can be said about both extremes.

    Im sure Reed liked Billick's practices better but I always loved putting the pads and helmet on at my lowly organizational
    level. Five of us trained all summer long in pads and helmet in extreme heat running up that big hill at Woodbourne Jr Hi to make our hi school team at City. Only one made the team
    but we had a blast.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,754

    Re: Ravens Near Mutiny / Yahoo Story

    Great story. People who doubt Flacco is a leader in the locker room, look no further than this:

    "By meeting's end Flacco and linebacker Jameel McClain had given constructive speeches that helped bring the team together, and Harbaugh actually felt enriched by the experience. "
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland