Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Really? Because just about every one of your quotes talks about the no huddle and how since the route are different, it must be because Joe is calling the plays.

Regardless, very little of my post was about the no huddle - that part was only in reference to your statement that because they run different routes in the no huddle, therefore Joe is calling the plays.

1. You continue to fail to factor into your argument that they did run no huddle earlier in the year - with many of the same routes/playcalls - and it didn't work.

2. You also seem to be failing to realize that there are multiple routes run on any given play and it's not necessarily the "playcall", but Flacco that is the cause of the throw not going across the middle.
    Look into what greg cosell said about Cam Cameron and his playbook. Joe has nothing other than tight windows to throw to. There are not "numerous numbers of routes" being ran.

http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/...ker-talked-wit

I dont understand how you cant see the night and day difference between the offense when we use the middle of the field and when we dont. The simplest way I can put it for you is: we use the middle of the field at home and we dont on the road.

home: 37 ppg

road: 16.5 ppg

It is indisputably the playcall. Joe cant throw to a receiver in the middle of the field if they arent told cross there.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    This is the problem, everyone here is content with "playoff appearances."

It should be superbowl or bust, nothing else. You are right though, this team is built for playoff appearances and not superbowl appearances.
    I dont think anyone on this board is content with just playoff appearances so how about you put that paintbrush away.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    9 -2 vs 6 -5
    4 straight playoff appearances vs 1
    1 division championship vs none
    2 AFC championship game appearances vs None

Front office is very relevant. Especially if the other issues you listed about Cam being a big of an issue as you say he is, than FO is even more important, right?
    How is the winner of a football game determined? By who scores the most points, correct?

Joe: 16 TDs
    Andy: 25 TDs

Which QB has produced more points for their team? It is a team effort, and as much as I hate to admit it, but Andy has done more for his team this year. Even IF you factor in the 4 extra INTs that Andy has thrown, he still has 5 more TDs that Joe to make up for it. And thats assuming that the opposing team scored TDs on each of those 4 extra INTs.

I dont blame Joe for this because I know for a fact he is a 30+ TD caliber QB. However to act like nothing is wrong is extremely disingenuous.

Look into what greg cosell said about Cam Cameron and his playbook. Joe has nothing other than tight windows to throw to. There are not "numerous numbers of routes" being ran.

http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/...ker-talked-wit

I dont understand how you cant see the night and day difference between the offense when we use the middle of the field and when we dont. The simplest way I can put it for you is: we use the middle of the field at home and we dont on the road.

home: 37 ppg

road: 16.5 ppg

It is indisputably the playcall. Joe cant throw to a receiver in the middle of the field if they arent told cross there.
    You are completey missing the point that BMore and myself keep taking you to task on.

Blog Entries

How is the winner of a football game determined? By who scores the most points, correct?

Joe: 16 TDs
    Andy: 25 TDs

Which QB has produced more points for their team? It is a team effort, and as much as I hate to admit it, but Andy has done more for his team this year. Even IF you factor in the 4 extra INTs that Andy has thrown, he still has 5 more TDs that Joe to make up for it. And thats assuming that the opposing team scored TDs on each of those 4 extra INTs.

I dont blame Joe for this because I know for a fact he is a 30+ TD caliber QB. However to act like nothing is wrong is extremely disingenuous.
    So by this the Ravens are 6 -5 and the Bengals are 9 -2 right?

Look I get (And share) your frustration about the offense but you're stretching to try to prove where your opinion of the blame falls and why.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I dont think anyone on this board is content with just playoff appearances so how about you put that paintbrush away.
    You fail to realize that the only reason we have made the playoffs consistently is directly because of our defense. Even this year, our D has been the only reason we are on our 4 game winning streak, maybe outside of the cleveland game. We could barely beat the pathetic chargers and the ben-less steelers. We could barely beat the pathetic chiefs. All because we couldnt put up points. We lost the eagles game, because we couldnt keep our offense on the field in the 2nd half.

If our D didnt constantly keep us in games, you guys would be singing a different tune right now. The thing thats frustrating is how good our O could be. How dominant this team could be.

Playoff appearances are all youre going to get until something changes.

You fail to realize that the only reason we have made the playoffs consistently is directly because of our defense. Even this year, our D has been the only reason we are on our 4 game winning streak, maybe outside of the cleveland game. We could barely beat the pathetic chargers and the ben-less steelers. We could barely beat the pathetic chiefs. All because we couldnt put up points. We lost the eagles game, because we couldnt keep our offense on the field in the 2nd half.

If our D didnt constantly keep us in games, you guys would be singing a different tune right now. The thing thats frustrating is how good our O could be. How dominant this team could be.

Playoff appearances are all youre going to get until something changes.
    Good Observation. Can't refute that but I have to ask why as a bengals fan are you so interested in what the ravens do?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So by this the Ravens are 6 -5 and the Bengals are 9 -2 right?

Look I get (And share) your frustration about the offense but you're stretching to try to prove where your opinion of the blame falls and why.
    You are COMPLETELY discounting everything Ive said here, with proof to back it up.

Youre ignoring when I said, "it is a team effort." And it is factual that the Bengals passing offense has done more for their team to win than ours has.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Good Observation. Can't refute that but I have to ask why as a bengals fan are you so interested in what the ravens do?
    Oh, so now Im not allowed to criticize my team or say that another team is better than them at something? In this case, passing the football with success?

Im a die hard ravens fan, fuck that. I go to multiple games a year, watch every single game, know just about every single stat of each of our players. When there is a flaw with this team, Im going to point it the fuck out.

Why is it that ravens fans are the only fans/people who see nothing wrong with this team? Why am I not allowed to point out that the 2nd year QB for the Bengals is playing better than Joe?

Blog Entries

Oh, so now Im not allowed to criticize my team or say that another team is better than them at something? In this case, passing the football with success?

Im a die hard ravens fan, fuck that. I go to multiple games a year, watch every single game, know just about every single stat of each of our players. When there is a flaw with this team, Im going to point it the fuck out.

Why is it that ravens fans are the only fans/people who see nothing wrong with this team? Why am I not allowed to point out that the 2nd year QB for the Bengals is playing better than Joe?
    :word

Blog Entries

You are COMPLETELY discounting everything Ive said here, with proof to back it up.

Youre ignoring when I said, "it is a team effort." And it is factual that the Bengals passing offense has done more for their team to win than ours has.
    That's because at this point, I'm not sure of the point you're trying to make is.

It first started out we need to go no huddle, it was pointed out we did and it wasn't successful. You then changed to Dalton is better than Joe, so we'll be chasing them. It was pointed out they are chasing us because it's a team effort and good front offices put together good teams.

I'm not trying to argue or be a dick, I just don't know what you're point is.

You can go through EVERY thread her and find where almost every poster and definitely ever REGULAR poster criticizes this team and talks about the flaws and where they can improve.

Simply using stats to say Dalton is playing better than Joe, doesn't fly with everyone. Some think Joe was better X year than Y year because of stats, but I think stats aside last year was better than the year before and this year he's better than last year. And either year I'd take him over Dalton, especially for this offense.

So criticize away, we all do.

To address the OP:

I don't think that in the NFL teams really play down to the level of their competition. I think that people forget that every team is an "NFL caliber team" and that the teams are really a lot more evenly matched than they look. And plus, we're talking about individual games. In the MLB, if the Royals beat the Yankees, nobody bats an eye, because there are 162 games. But in the NFL, every game is amplified 10x, and after a loss the sky is falling, and you might not play that team again for a few years.

A team might be more talented and have great coaching. That's all well and good, but the other guys are paid just as much and have a job to do as well. They're not going to lay down so that you can get your win. There are no "easy wins" in the NFL anymore.