Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Our 'road' offense's effectiveness in the Cam scheme is predicated on the Ravens running the ball well. The OL aint opening too many holes, so the running game has been pretty poor of late. Thus we get into 3rd and longs and we have extended bad stretches during the Browns/Steelers/Chargers games. If the OL blocks better, our road offense can work, but that's a big if. I have little confidence in our OL. I really think the Texans game scared the shit out of Cam b/c the high tempo offense flopped, so Cam went back to his comfort zone, ball control offense. There could be a happy medium where you can mix it up and keep the opposing defense on their toes, but it always seems like its black or white with Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I noticed something a while back and what to pose the question to see if the fans have picked up on something that our coaches have not seemed to have picked up on.

When does Flacco and our offense, but mainly Flacco, do well on the road? I know the answer (it is my question after all), does anyone else?
    They play better when they are behind and Joe plays from the shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    They play better when they are behind and Joe plays from the shotgun.
    For the most part this is right. Shotgun, no huddle, more specifically the two minute drill.

Patriots playoff game
    Steelers last year and 10
    Chargers this year.
    etc.

Why wait till you "have to" to run it if it works. I don't get it...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Harbaugh said he wanted to make it into an AFCN type game (not really sure why though)
    Exactly - Harbs wanted a low scoring, possession type game because he didn't think they would fare as well in a high scoring shootout. He got the game he wanted and they managed to win it.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Joe played from the shotgun at Delaware. Joe is comfortable playing from the shotgun - he has the physical height and size and arm to excel from the shotgun. He is a natural playing that way. He's better from the shotgun. Look at how Peyton Manning plays from the shotgun. Joe can do it just as well if they let him. Why they continue to try to force that square peg into the round hole of their playbook is beyond any reasonable understanding.

The problem with making it an AFC North type game is that you really have to have both teams playing comparably. It works against teams like Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinci because for the most part they are willing to play the same way. It doesn't usually work against teams like Texas, Atlanta, San Diego (although they pulled it out Sunday) etc. etc.

Its like scheduling a boxing match between Muhammad Ali and the World Wide Wrestling champ. Who would you expect to win that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For the most part this is right. Shotgun, no huddle, more specifically the two minute drill.

Patriots playoff game
    Steelers last year and 10
    Chargers this year.
    etc.

Why wait till you "have to" to run it if it works. I don't get it...
    Last edited by rharris1986; 11-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.

In the 4th Qtr, we started using the whole field by sending our WRs on slants and crossing patterns over the middle of the field.

Just use the entire route tree and the entire field more often.

Don't give me this crap that Joe can't make those kind of throws or our WRs can't run those routes--we've seen them do it on the rare occasions when those plays are called.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    In the 4th Qtr, we started using the whole field by sending our WRs on slants and crossing patterns over the middle of the field.

Just use the entire route tree and the entire field more often.

Don't give me this crap that Joe can't make those kind of throws or our WRs can't run those routes--we've seen them do it on the rare occasions when those plays are called.
    Sad part is Boldin has to tell CAM that!!

Its definitely on the coaching that the OL decided not to block anyone and the Receivers repeatedly dropped balls that would've kept drives alive through the first 50 minutes

Clearly a matter of "execution" for the first 50 minutes. If you know the location of secret switch that turns it on and off - please share it with us - or at least share it with the Ravens coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Its definitely on the coaching that the OL decided not to block anyone and the Receivers repeatedly dropped balls that would've kept drives alive through the first 50 minutes

Am I surprised in the least bit? Nope not at all. Still literally boils my blood when I think about it though.

Would we rather Joe possibly have some turnovers but still move the ball throughout the game and get scores or not open up the offense and fail to even get first downs? I really don't understand their logic. I really really don't.

Tge Ravens have a choice to make - either play all out football or have their season end like last year - short of the goal (a trip to the Superbowl). I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them making it out of the early rounds of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    Would we rather Joe possibly have some turnovers but still move the ball throughout the game and get scores or not open up the offense and fail to even get first downs? I really don't understand their logic. I really really don't.

Blog Entries

Tge Ravens have a choice to make - either play all out football or have their season end like last year - short of the goal (a trip to the Superbowl). I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them making it out of the early rounds of the playoffs.
    You also said we'd lose the rest of our games, and you openly admitted you wanted us to lose loads of games so that Cam could get fired...

Exactly it comes to point where it's Joe's 5th year and if he truly can't handle a more complex offensive system then throwing 9 routes by now and having to play not to lose then why even extend him. Not trusting your quarterback and using that type of offensive approach is not going to get you a Superbowl. It's just asinine to think that this is still going on in his 5th year. There is a deep rooted problem to the offense whether it be Cam or Joe or both and until the root is actually addressed and changed it will hold the team back of getting to the next level.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 11-27-2012 at 08:19 PM.

We have the best red zone defense in the league.

The only time this offense moves is when Joe is calling the shots.

Use the entire field, if joe gets an INT here or there, so what, WE HAVE THE BEST REDZONE DEFENSE. This would also create so many scoring opportunities for us and Joe would also be able to thrive and learn from his mistakes.

But, this will never happen. We have been pleading for this for 3 years now. How does our FO respond? By signing Cam Cameron to another year. Another year of wasted talent and horrible play calling