Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    At what point did I contradict myself? That is very funny, Ive been consistent with what Ive said this entire thread. Good one though.

Well, it certainly is not the defenses fault why the offense has been so bad on the road. And I cant honestly see how anyone can place the blame on Joe when he is a night and day difference between at home and on the road. Its funny, because the playcalling is also a night and day difference between the road and home. Could it be...? I wonder if those 2 correlate...
    Ok dude...

Unless Cam is shown the door immediately the Ravens will chase the Bengals for years. Nothing else matters, no other factors can avoid this fate, except who is OC for the Ravens.

It must be fun in your world.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Forget the part where Anquan Boldin had to tell Cam that the middle of the field is actually there? Its not just a big slab of lava that cant be touched?

Hmm, never said that. Nor have I said that Cam can't - or shouldn't - be criticized. I have been very consistent throughout this thread - those that are saying that Flacco calls the plays in those situations where the offense has performed well are off base in that opinion. It's not Flacco calling the plays there, it's Cameron.

Look, there are plenty of valid criticisms that can be leveled at Cameron, this one, however, is off base.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    We could just as easily hit on a stud pass rusher, receiver, or linebacker next draft.

Carlos Dunlap was thought to be one of the most talented pass rushers to come out that year and he has been fairly average. Jermaine Gresham has been solid, but many thought he was good enough to be a Vernon Davis type of TE from the get go. And it isnt like the Bengals have hit on every draft pick. Andre Smith is average at best as a RT and he was a top 8 pick IIRC. Rey Maualuga is average. They used a top 10 pick on Keith Rivers and traded him to the Giants for a bag of chips and a 6 pack of Heineken.

Every team has their up's and down's in the draft. So far, this past drsft is turning out pretty damn good I'd say.

KO - day 1 starter
    Upshaw - starter/major contributor
    Pierce - major contributor. Could start on a lot of teams.
    Tyson - nice surprise with decent contribution.
    Jackson - TBD
    Gradkowski - contributor, prospective starting center.
    Streeter - TBD

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Not to mention our own deep threat Torrey Smith played with a hernia last year, and in his second year he has taken off and shown to be a game changer in his own right. AJ Green isn't the only stud receiver in the AFC North.

Or the fact we picked up Jacoby Jones, who has been a punt returning stud and game changer for us both scoring-wise and field position-wise.

Or Dennis Pitta who made his way up the depth chart and is now a great passing and red zone threat.

But you know, we haven't done anything to improve our team and the Bengals have and unless we fire Cam we will never be ahead of them in the division ever again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 11-29-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Hmm, never said that. Nor have I said that Cam can't - or shouldn't - be criticized. I have been very consistent throughout this thread - those that are saying that Flacco calls the plays in those situations where the offense has performed well are off base in that opinion. It's not Flacco calling the plays there, it's Cameron.

Look, there are plenty of valid criticisms that can be leveled at Cameron, this one, however, is off base.
    Thank you for re-iterating your redundant point about flacco calling the plays. I say it and stand by it. What other explanations do you have for playcalling to do a complete 180 between road and home games? Because either way you look at it, it is the coaches fault. It may or may not be true, but its speculation based on very good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Ok dude...

Unless Cam is shown the door immediately the Ravens will chase the Bengals for years. Nothing else matters, no other factors can avoid this fate, except who is OC for the Ravens.

It must be fun in your world.
    At what point have I said that we should get rid of Cam immediately? We are freaking 9-2 and playoff bound. That is just stupid. And now youre resorting to putting words in my mouth, not once, but twice.

Like I said, our defense isnt the problem. Joe can take some of the blame for his occasional errant throw, but a lot of those throws are because our receivers never get open. Now, normally, you would place the blame on the receivers. However, "receivers not getting open" have been an issue now for what, 4 years? Weve had a number of receivers since then and its still the same tune. That is clearly the fault of coaching.

In regards to the bengals, for the last time, they have a good defense and a good offense. Both, certainly good enough to win against us. Its only a matter of time before it starts being consistant and well, when you have Andy Dalton throwing for 9 TDs/0 Ints over 3 games after his coach called him out, thats when its time to start worrying about its consistency. On top of that, you have Andy Dalton out-performing Joe in just his 2nd year and not by just a little bit. Then you also have to take into account that Marvin Lewis is a very good coach and Mike Zimmer is a good DC. Them starting to contend for the division is bound to happen.

To what Wickedsolo said:
    Carlos Dunlap has 1 game as a starter, total, and through 2.5 years has 16 sacks.
    Jermaine Gresham is having a better year than Vernon Davis and has steadily been better every year.
    Andre Smith is a bust and will be a FA this offseason
    Rey Maualuga is a pretty solid ILB and is having his best season to date.
    Keith Rivers isnt their issue anymore.

Now, lets also talk about Leon Hall, Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict, etc.

They also have a pretty highly ranked O-Line.

I wasnt saying that they draft well and we draft bad. Never did, never implied it. Im just saying, that they have done well the past few drafts and have built a very solid team. Add on top of that, Andy Dalton playing lights out right now and we have a problem on our hands.
    Last edited by landspeed; 11-29-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Not to mention our own deep threat Torrey Smith played with a hernia last year, and in his second year he has taken off and shown to be a game changer in his own right. AJ Green isn't the only stud receiver in the AFC North.

Or the fact we picked up Jacoby Jones, who has been a punt returning stud and game changer for us both scoring-wise and field position-wise.

Or Dennis Pitta who made his way up the depth chart and is now a great passing and red zone threat.

But you know, we haven't done anything to improve our team and the Bengals have and unless we fire can we will never be ahead of them in the division ever again.
    :grbac:

When was that ever said.....? Seriously, stop putting words in my mouth, you just look ignorant. I said that we havent drafted as well as we normally do. And that is obvious, but we have acquired some good players.

Cary Williams(forgot he was practice squad), Lardarius Webb, Ray Rice, Michael Oher(the RT version), Courtney Upshaw, Dannell Ellerbe, Jimmy Smith(still think he will be a star, once he is used correctly), etc.

I dont understand where you got that from?

And as good as Torrey Smith has been, their production isnt really comparable.

Thank you for re-iterating your redundant point about flacco calling the plays. I say it and stand by it. What other explanations do you have for playcalling to do a complete 180 between road and home games? Because either way you look at it, it is the coaches fault. It may or may not be true, but its speculation based on very good reason.
    And, thank you for re-iterate your complete baseless, uninformed point that the reason is because Flacco is calling the plays.

Also, you've continually fail to address why the hurry up offense sucked on the road earlier in the year, if Flacco was calling those plays and the fact that the don't exclusively run up tempo when at home, but they still score well.

There are plenty of possible reasons, other than Flacco calling the plays, for why the road offense is different - they play more conservatively (which is pretty obvious), teams generally play better at home, Flacco plays more timid on the road, the game plans on the road suck, Cam plays scared on the road (just to name a few).

All are more valid reasons than your specious claim that they only do well because Flacco is calling the plays.

Again, using the SD game as the example - which you, yourself used - HOF QB Dan Fouts acknowledged that Cam was calling the plays in crunch time and it was clearly obvious by watching that he was calling in the plays.

It's OK, you can admit you're wrong - it happens - there's no shame in it. :grbac
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-29-2012 at 12:43 AM.

LOL......watching the Ravens/Chargers on NFL Reply right now. On the Ravens first TD drive, while the Ravens are going no huddle, they showed Cameron several times with the card in front of his face calling plays and Dan Fouts even commented - while they were showing Cameron - that "everything he's calling is working right now".

So, I guess a former NFL QB thinks that Cameron is calling the plays in that situation.

On the game tying drive, you can also see Cam in the background holding the card in front of his face.
    I didnt not say every single play and every single game. Nor did I say that Joe is calling "his" own play. I have said Cam calls plays from the first 60 pages and Joe calls from the last 60.

TV replay shows you jack squat. Home games or an all 22 shot will let you see if/when CAM has that card in front of his face on ALL play calls.

I see it at home games because I am looking at the Ravens bench from the visitors side.

Not sure what your reason is for such a battle. I value the information that you have on the CAP.

But 5 years of the same system and the same results are getting to the point of absurd.

Cam has always and will only be a AVG OC that cannot win the big one.

There are times that Joe has to make a choices from a set of plays because

A. Cam was to slow to get one in
    B. Cam gave Joe the set to choose from
    C. Joe checks out of what CAM called

I would like to see
    D. Joe going Cam your an idiot and I am not resigning here unless your ass is gone.:ww:

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

And, thank you for re-iterate your complete baseless, uninformed point that the reason is because Flacco is calling the plays.

Also, you've continually fail to address why the offense sucked on the road earlier in the year, if Flacco was calling those plays.

There are plenty of possible reasons, other than Flacco calling the plays, for why the road offense is different - they play more conservatively (which is pretty obvious), teams generally play better at home, Flacco plays more timid on the road, the game plans on the road suck, Cam plays scared on the road (just to name a few).

All are more valid reasons than your specious claim that they only do well because Flacco is calling the plays.

Again, using the SD game as the example - which you, yourself used - HOF QB Dan Fouts acknowledged that Cam was calling the plays in crunch time and it was clearly obvious by watching that he was calling in the plays.

It's OK, you can admit you're wrong - it happens - there's no shame in it. :grbac
    Because a no huddle offense isnt going to work 100% of the time? Because we were throwing it on 3rd and short after something like 7 straight attempts and failing? Because we werent using ray rice when he was averaging 5+ ypc? Because we werent getting him involved in the passing game? I never claimed that we should go 100% no-huddle. The point of me bringing up the no-huddle was because that is the only time we successfully move the ball. When Joe is in the shotgun, with the hurry up offense.

My concerns are, WHY DONT WE USE THE SAME PLAYS FROM THE NO HUDDLE WHEN WERE NOT IN THE NO-HUDDLE? Why cant Joe be in the shotgun more often?

I have no answer as to why the No Huddle fails from time to time. That still doesnt change the fact that the playcalling between the two are completely different. One effective 75% of the time its used, the other effective 10% of the time its used.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    I didnt not say every single play and every single game. Nor did I say that Joe is calling "his" own play. I have said Cam calls plays from the first 60 pages and Joe calls from the last 60.

TV replay shows you jack squat. Home games or an all 22 shot will let you see if/when CAM has that card in front of his face on ALL play calls.

I see it at home games because I am looking at the Ravens bench from the visitors side.

Not sure what your reason is for such a battle.

First off, it's not a battle.

Second, you responded to one of my posts first. I am only responding to you.

I never said that you said Joe was calling his own plays. I have been pretty clear throughout - Cam calls the plays. Joe can audible within the play, but he's not out there deciding which play or formation to run. Basically Cam gives him options and Joe takes it from there based on the set of the D.

But, that's the case whether they are in no huddle, regular tempo of whatever. So, it's no different for no huddle or the reason for the success of the no huddle as was Landspeed original argument that I have taken issue with.

Cam has always and will only be a AVG OC that cannot win the big one.

There are times that Joe has to make a choices from a set of plays because
    We have no disagreement here. My only disagreement throughout this thread is that the success of the no huddle is because that's when Joe is calling the plays, without Cam.

Our results are relative to the amount of risks we are willing to take. And as has been said, our standard, out of the gates philosophy is very conservative (too conservative, imo), especially on the road. And I don't just mean the playcalling (i.e Cam), I mean Joe's decision-making during the plays. The reason why we drive down the field much better when we are behind late in a game (no huddle and hurry-up) is a combination of the defense playing some form of prevent (trading yards for ticks of clock) combined with our offense having no choice but to be aggressive.

The point of me bringing up the no-huddle was because that is the only time we successfully move the ball. When Joe is in the shotgun, with the hurry up offense.
    There have been plenty of games - at home - where we're not using no huddle, but still running an efficient offense. I really don't think it's a no huddle versus a
    "huddle" offense isssue. I think it's more about how they handle, prepare and plan for road games. It's more of a home versus road issue IMO. Clearly, to me at least, since the Houston game, they've gone more conservative. The OL seems to protect better at home. Flacco also seems to get off to bad starts on the road and then can't seem to find his confidence.

Now, I would agree that Flacco seems more comfortable in the no huddle - and shotgun - and that it is something they should try and use earlier to get him out of those type of road funks. Of course, that's the way they started the season and that didn't work much either. Perhaps, they gave up on it too early, I doubt know.

Anyway, I just think it goes deeper than just huddle versus no huddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Our results are relative to the amount of risks we are willing to take. And as has been said, our standard, out of the gates philosophy is very conservative (too conservative, imo), especially on the road. And I don't just mean the playcalling (i.e Cam), I mean Joe's decision-making during the plays. The reason why we drive down the field much better when we are behind late in a game (no huddle and hurry-up) is a combination of the defense playing some form of prevent (trading yards for ticks of clock) combined with our offense having no choice but to be aggressive.
    Yes, exactly.