Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: This is INSANITY

Am I surprised in the least bit? Nope not at all. Still literally boils my blood when I think about it though.

Would we rather Joe possibly have some turnovers but still move the ball throughout the game and get scores or not open up the offense and fail to even get first downs? I really don't understand their logic. I really really don't.

Tge Ravens have a choice to make - either play all out football or have their season end like last year - short of the goal (a trip to the Superbowl). I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them making it out of the early rounds of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    Would we rather Joe possibly have some turnovers but still move the ball throughout the game and get scores or not open up the offense and fail to even get first downs? I really don't understand their logic. I really really don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Tge Ravens have a choice to make - either play all out football or have their season end like last year - short of the goal (a trip to the Superbowl). I hope I'm wrong but I don't see them making it out of the early rounds of the playoffs.
    You also said we'd lose the rest of our games, and you openly admitted you wanted us to lose loads of games so that Cam could get fired...

Exactly it comes to point where it's Joe's 5th year and if he truly can't handle a more complex offensive system then throwing 9 routes by now and having to play not to lose then why even extend him. Not trusting your quarterback and using that type of offensive approach is not going to get you a Superbowl. It's just asinine to think that this is still going on in his 5th year. There is a deep rooted problem to the offense whether it be Cam or Joe or both and until the root is actually addressed and changed it will hold the team back of getting to the next level.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 11-27-2012 at 08:19 PM.

We have the best red zone defense in the league.

The only time this offense moves is when Joe is calling the shots.

Use the entire field, if joe gets an INT here or there, so what, WE HAVE THE BEST REDZONE DEFENSE. This would also create so many scoring opportunities for us and Joe would also be able to thrive and learn from his mistakes.

But, this will never happen. We have been pleading for this for 3 years now. How does our FO respond? By signing Cam Cameron to another year. Another year of wasted talent and horrible play calling

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    The only time this offense moves is when Joe is calling the shots.
    That's an interesting comment. So, when exactly is it that Joe is calling the shots versus when Cam is calling the shots, and how exactly do you know which is which (or, actually, when is when)?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    That's an interesting comment. So, when exactly is it that Joe is calling the shots versus when Cam is calling the shots, and how exactly do you know which is which (or, actually, when is when)?
    I will really enjoy the answer as well (when/if it comes)

They play better when they are behind and Joe plays from the shotgun.
    Joe gets a lot of criticism for not performing well on the road but to me its not all deserved. The dropped passes early on were drive killers that never allowed Flacco to get into a rhythm. In my opinion if those very accurate passes were not dropped the offense would have flowed. A lot of people think we have.a lot of dropped passes but it just seems to be just on the road and usually great passes.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Think about it. We played lights out defense and didn't turn the ball over. It seemed like what we were doing played into the overall gameplan. Probably the one thing that they didn't count on was being stuffed in the run every play.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    It is not necessarily when Joe is calling the plays but when they start running plays that highlight his strengths. They only did that because they were down 10 points and time was running out. They spread the field with only one running back and started using horizontal routes. Sure as shit vertical routes starting opening up and Rice became more effective running the ball.

I am starting to think that Cam is not nearly as much to blame as Harbs. We have seen Cam try to make games a slugfest at the direction of Harbs. When the Ravens get down Harbs has to let Cam cut the offense loose and all of sudden Cam's play calling does not look to bad. They just need to open up the offense up out of the gate. Spread the defense out and let the offense work the entire field. Stop with the I formation run run throw a 10 yard out offense.

If losing our remaining games means we get rid of Cam - I WOULD TAKE THAT IN A HEARTBEAT!

You seem to think I regret saying that - you are grossly mistaken! It also doesn't mean I am not a Ravens fan. Its like cutting out a cancer that will save or at least extend your life (in this case its Joe's and the Raven's future success that are at stake). Ask the Colt fans if they regret losing all those games last year - see what kind of answer you get.

The more you restate it for me by quoting me the HAPPIER I AM - its my red badge of courage!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You also said we'd lose the rest of our games, and you openly admitted you wanted us to lose loads of games so that Cam could get fired...