Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
It is not necessarily when Joe is calling the plays but when they start running plays that highlight his strengths. They only did that because they were down 10 points and time was running out. They spread the field with only one running back and started using horizontal routes. Sure as shit vertical routes starting opening up and Rice became more effective running the ball.

I am starting to think that Cam is not nearly as much to blame as Harbs. We have seen Cam try to make games a slugfest at the direction of Harbs. When the Ravens get down Harbs has to let Cam cut the offense loose and all of sudden Cam's play calling does not look to bad. They just need to open up the offense up out of the gate. Spread the defense out and let the offense work the entire field. Stop with the I formation run run throw a 10 yard out offense.
OK, fair enough, but that wasn't what I was commenting on. Landspeed seems to think that when Joe calls the plays we succeed and when Cam calls them we don't. I was just asking him how he knows when one or the other is calling the plays?

As far as spreading the field and going shotgun to play to Joe's strengths, weren't they doing that earlier in the year in Philly and KC and Houston and not having success doing it? Isn't that why everyone was complaining that they were abandoning the run too early and underutilizing Ray Rice?

Look, I'm not saying this to defend Cameron - I said two years ago that he should go - but I just find it interesting that the criticisms from some seem to change and often flip flop when it comes to our offense - basically, if we aren't putting up 30-35 points a week, then there's something wrong, regardless of what we are doing.