Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Jags have been trying to get a consistent pass rusher opposite of Mincey for a few years now.

Hard time believing that Babin would have chose to go there had he not been waived.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Eagles release Babin

I dont understand why this was even a topic of discussion for us.

He does not fit the mold of a ravens player. The ravens do not pick up one trick ponies. Hes a horrible run defender, hes a horrible pass defender and has deteriorating pass rushing skills.

Glad he didnt make it past waivers. We dont need anymore players. We have the players to succeed now. More importantly he will only succeed in the 9-technique.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Super Bowl here they come.. wait, what...?
    It's not all bad for Babin - under the terms of the CBA, a player in the course of a long term deal (and w/ 4 or more years of service) can declare himself a FA after the year in which he was claimed on waivers. So, if he wants out, he can get out at the end of the year.

Then again, he's still due close to $18M under his current deal and there's no income tax in FLA, so maybe Jax isn't all that bad after all. :)
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 11-28-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    It's not all bad for Babin - under the terms of the CBA, a player in the course of a long term deal (and w/ 4 or more years of service) can declare himself a FA after the year in which he was claimed on waivers. So, if he wants out, he can get out at the end of the year.

Then again, he's still due close to $18M under his current deal and there's no income tax in FLA, so maybe Jax isn't all that bad after all. :)

Yea, that's how the Heat stole LaBron James from NY. He saved millions in taxes and
    Knicks fans were pissed but James won the championship, got MVP for the series and
    the regular season plus a Gold medal in the Olympics. Not a bad deal at all.

None of those teams mentioned above are exactly SB contenders-lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, that's how the Heat stole LaBron James from NY. He saved millions in taxes and
    Knicks fans were pissed but James won the championship, got MVP for the series and
    the regular season plus a Gold medal in the Olympics. Not a bad deal at all.

None of those teams mentioned above are exactly SB contenders-lol.
    That's funny. I never realized that aspect of the situation.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Heck, I've been thinking of moving down there to save taxes man.
    I have a condo in Daytona which I rent out and just sold my house but bought a condo up here.