Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: This made me so mad

Schein's another one who watches highlights or looks at the fantasy stats instead of watching the games.

Otherwise he might have noticed what many of us have: that Cam has called games where he constantly sends our WRs on the same 2 routes: the fly or the out; when this happens the other D blanket covers the area downfield outside the hashes leaving our receivers double covered throughout the game. He did this against the Texans & Steelers.

Even when Cam adds more variety to the pass routes, he still tends to avoid sending our WRs over the middle of the field on slants and crossing routes. We saw this in the Eagles in the 2nd half, Chiefs (where we also had drops and penalties killing our offense) and the 1st 3 Qtrs of the Chargers games.

Finally, Cam has another bad habit: sending the RB straight up the middle constantly on 1st & 2nd down, even after the opposing D has adjusted and is poised to defend it; we saw this against the 2nd Browns game for 2 Qtrs.

Hey, waitaminutehere!!!

All of those games have been road games were our offense has sputtered and wheezed for most of the game or simply been DOA.

You think there could be a connection there?

Re: This made me so mad

i don;t care what some fool says about Joe. Joe did suprise me on Sunday with so many passes that were nowhee near the receiver. its to late in teh season to have cmmunication problems and on many of the bad throws he didn;t seem under pressure and trying to throw the ball away.

If this is the worst 9-2 team ever (it's not), then the Falcons are the worst 10-1 team ever.

In the end it doesn't matter. The team has shown they know how to win close games, and occasionally blow outs. This is very close to the same team that should have played for a Lombardi last year. We sucked on the road last year too.

The difference last year was that we seemed to beat all the good teams we played and lost to the bad teams. I feel like this team is just as good, if not better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    That's fine. But there are probably better ways to make his point than to call a 355 yard game "average at best" and to call an improving defense "regressive". That is just lazy writing, imo...
    That game was the perfect example of how deceiving stats can be. Joe was not very good but guys like Rice, Pitta and Torrey helped his stats tremendously by playing great.

I do agree with you about the regressive defense line. He should have pointed out that the defense has regressed from previous years but it certainly hasn't regressed compared to the start of the season.

Blog Entries

Typical hate for small market teams IMO. Houston and Atlanta are constantly being doubted too. If the top 3 in the Nfl were Denver, NE, and GB everyone would be washing their balls

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i don;t care what some fool says about Joe. Joe did suprise me on Sunday with so many passes that were nowhee near the receiver. its to late in teh season to have cmmunication problems and on many of the bad throws he didn;t seem under pressure and trying to throw the ball away.
    What I saw was exactly what another poster pointed out.
    The Chargers inverted their DBs like the Steelers did.
    And nothing changed in the Ravens playcalling, as usual...THAT is what I can't get over.
    What that means is this...if the safety comes up and is underneath the receiver route and the corner is behind the receiver, then you have to throw high to get it over the underneath defender...AND you can't float the ball or it will be a pick six. You have to drive the ball high and either hope your guy jumps up to get it or it goes sailing harmlessly out of bounds. That's why Joe had almost no choice but to keep throwing high and out of bounds. A pick six and that game is over.

It continues to be a play design problem and has been for 4+ years now.
    IF you noticed, in desperation mode at the end of the game, we ran the shotgun, used the entire field and moved right down the field.
    And yet, even during that, the routes were simple, the throws were perfect, and the catches were great.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That game was the perfect example of how deceiving stats can be. Joe was not very good but guys like Rice, Pitta and Torrey helped his stats tremendously by playing great.

I do agree with you about the regressive defense line. He should have pointed out that the defense has regressed from previous years but it certainly hasn't regressed compared to the start of the season.
    He wasn't very good in the beginning (downright terrible), but settled down and made plays towards the end of game, a spectator he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Boldin also dropped a pass on third down early. Jones dropped an easy first down early when we were driving for a TD. Rice even dropped a screen pass.

Every QB's receivers help them. Brady dinks and dunks all the way down the field. Roethlisberger throws 5 WR screens a game. It's football.

Here is what is important about this stat line: 0 TO's

This team is almost impossible to beat when we don't turn the ball over. Flacco has been much better about this so far this season.

One paragraph in and I feel like his credibility gets lost:

If receiver Lee Evans had been able to hold on to the ball, maybe we would all have a different perspective of Flacco.
    As others have said, it sounds like he just looks at the guys on paper:

[ ] Big fantasy numbers?
    [ ] Made it to the Super Bowl?
    [ ] etc.

What Lee Evans did or didn't do should have zero effect on what we think of Flacco. Period.

Yep - I knew they would find a way to make a 66% completion rate of over 350 yards and TD (kncl some clutch throws) somehow "average" or bad.

All they're doing is trolling us (and other teams for that matter) for clicks. Plain and simple. That is the most logical explanation. The only other one is, that they;'re biased muthercruckers.... Or a bit of both.

You know what, FCUK THE NFL.com and all these other sites. I'm going on a blackout.

Is it just me, or can anyone get a job in journalism these days? Least respectable profession in my books. At least a fiction writer has the balls to call their work 'fake' on the onset.

Now where is that Jacoby 'haters gon' hate' catch gif? :D
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Football sportswriters are all in pain this year. The great Qbs are having mediocre years and struggling to get to the postseason. These writers have ballwash their favorites so much they have lost touch with reality. As for schein, I'll bet his Baltimore wife called out Joe Flacco's name during an intimate moment and thats why he has to bash Flacco.
    Don't expect any love for the Ravens(been that way since Modell move from cleveland to a better fan base here in Baltimore to win a Super Bowl), when the Ravens take down the manning boys,then someone will have to gave credit where credit is due. Personally, winning just silences these writers and thats better for all Ravens fans, we know better then anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    What Lee Evans did or didn't do should have zero effect on what we think of Flacco. Period.
    Exactly. That line stuck out to me as well.

If we're talking about perception, then what else is Flacco supposed to do to get to the SB?

Does being in the SB mean that he's better than he is? How does not getting into the SB, when you made the perfect pass to get there, matter?
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap