Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This made me so mad

Ive read a few of scheins articles. Hes usually been pretty pro ravens, imo, even having them as his superbowl pick a year or two. Hes certainly not a flacco fan and i think thats because he blames him for making his predictions wrong in the past.

I wouldnt get to upset with anything he says though. He seems more like a personality than an analyst not unlike colin cowherd or skip bayless.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    i don;t care what some fool says about Joe. Joe did suprise me on Sunday with so many passes that were nowhee near the receiver. its to late in teh season to have cmmunication problems and on many of the bad throws he didn;t seem under pressure and trying to throw the ball away.
    Not sure what game you were watching. He had been sacked 5 times and rushed 6 times by the end of the 3rd quarter. Announcers said that the receivers were all covered numerous times. He had some issues with the ball sailing a few times. That happens to all QBs. Difference is that people over analyze every Flacco incomplete pass. Joe has better numbers than Eli Manning this year. I wonder if Giant fans are questioning every missed pass by Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Exactly. That line stuck out to me as well.

If we're talking about perception, then what else is Flacco supposed to do to get to the SB?

Does being in the SB mean that he's better than he is? How does not getting into the SB, when you made the perfect pass to get there, matter?
    Perhaps if Lee had caught it against his helmet, things would be different...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Perhaps if Lee had caught it against his helmet, things would be different...
    Exactly.
    Eli has two rings because of some outstanding and even miraculous plays by his receivers and some luck.
    If the unknown receiver doesn't make an out of this world on his head with one hand while an all pro safety drills him in the back and still hangs on, they don't win that first one.
    If the Niners kick returner didn't get hurt, the Giants don't even make the Super bowl last year not to mention the crazy over the head catch by Manningham while having two defenders inside his uniform during the last drive of the Super bowl.

Ben doesn't win the one against the Cardinals if Harrison doesn't run back an interception 100 yards with no time left at the half or that impossible catch by Holmes.

It is crazy. What if Vinatieri missed all those game winning kicks for Brady?
    Would we still look at him as being so great?
    One can go on and on with this kind of logic.
    All great quarterbacks have had help being great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That game was the perfect example of how deceiving stats can be. Joe was not very good but guys like Rice, Pitta and Torrey helped his stats tremendously by playing great.
    Come on man that is horrible logic. So should Brady's stats not count because he has Gronkowski who has scored a record number of TD's. Plus add in Hernandez and Welker. Or Matt Ryan's stats not count because he has Gonzo, Roddy White and Julio Jones who have been really good.

Blog Entries

Hold on a sec here--
    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Even when Cam adds more variety to the pass routes, he still tends to avoid sending our WRs over the middle of the field on slants and crossing routes. We saw this in the Eagles in the 2nd half, Chiefs (where we also had drops and penalties killing our offense) and the 1st 3 Qtrs of the Chargers games.
    A stupid question just occurred to me:

Does anyone have access to a data base that shows Flacco's attempts, completions, and INTs broken down by where the the ball was thrown (left/center/right and short/medium)/deep)?

Because I have this nagging feeling (which I lack data to back up) that Joe's INTs go up (maybe way up) when he's throwing short or medium over the middle. (And FTR it doesn't matter if the INTs are off tipped balls--that's part of the risk of throwing over the middle.)

We all know that Harbaugh's guiding philosophy is to minimize the risk of bad breaks (most especially including turnovers). If it turns out that Joe does get picked more often over the middle, wouldn't it make (im)perfect sense to Harbs to have Cam take those routes out of the playbook?

At least until you're down a couple of scores in the waning minutes & you have no options but to take chances.

(Does this make sense to anyone but me?)

Schein's another one who watches highlights or looks at the fantasy stats instead of watching the games.

Otherwise he might have noticed what many of us have: that Cam has called games where he constantly sends our WRs on the same 2 routes: the fly or the out; when this happens the other D blanket covers the area downfield outside the hashes leaving our receivers double covered throughout the game. He did this against the Texans & Steelers.

Even when Cam adds more variety to the pass routes, he still tends to avoid sending our WRs over the middle of the field on slants and crossing routes. We saw this in the Eagles in the 2nd half, Chiefs (where we also had drops and penalties killing our offense) and the 1st 3 Qtrs of the Chargers games.

Finally, Cam has another bad habit: sending the RB straight up the middle constantly on 1st & 2nd down, even after the opposing D has adjusted and is poised to defend it; we saw this against the 2nd Browns game for 2 Qtrs.

Hey, waitaminutehere!!!

All of those games have been road games were our offense has sputtered and wheezed for most of the game or simply been DOA.

You think there could be a connection there?
    Just look at the quote below... That is CAM

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Because I have this nagging feeling (which I lack data to back up) that Joe's INTs go up (maybe way up) when he's throwing short or medium over the middle. (And FTR it doesn't matter if the INTs are off tipped balls--that's part of the risk of throwing over the middle.)

We all know that Harbaugh's guiding philosophy is to minimize the risk of bad breaks (most especially including turnovers). If it turns out that Joe does get picked more often over the middle, wouldn't it make (im)perfect sense to Harbs to have Cam take those routes out of the playbook?

At least until you're down a couple of scores in the waning minutes & you have no options but to take chances.

I buy it. I think it's quite logical (No numbers either) that Int's go up over the middle b/c there are simply more defenders in between the hashes at all times. I also think that Joe Flacco cares only about winning and not pumping up his own stats for impending Free Agency so he doesn't really ever rock the boat if Harbs and/or Cam want to keep it tight and play it safe.

It's a risk to keep trying to play safe, then Crank it up in the 4th quarter when you need to score. But alternatively, we saw the Ravens super aggressive for the first few weeks of the season as well, and many were belly aching about how Ray Rice didn't touch the ball enough either.

It's a fine line and one that I am glad I don't have to walk.

But I do think the road woes/struggles have gotten into the heads of everyone in the Castle and it has totally changed their approach.,

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Hold on a sec here--A stupid question just occurred to me:

Does anyone have access to a data base that shows Flacco's attempts, completions, and INTs broken down by where the the ball was thrown (left/center/right and short/medium)/deep)?

1 int between 0 and 9 yards outside the right hash, 50 attempts.
    3 int between 10 and 19 yards outside the right hash, 20 attempts.
    2 int between 0 and 9 yards up the middle, 94 attempts.
    1 int between 10 and 19 yards up the middle, 29 attempts.

His quarterback rating throwing to the middle is 110, 62.9 left hash, 89.1 to the right hash.

7 tds up the middle, 3 tds to the left hash, 4 to he right hash.

His completion percentage in the middle is 76.5, 42.8 to the left hash, and 62.3 to the right hash.

1257 yards up the middle, 427 left hash, 816 right hash.

That's all the stats, but obviously the majority of the passes up the middle would be to rice. 47 percent, 175, of his overall pass attempts are up the middle, but 70 percent of them 175 attempts up the middle travel less than 10 yards in the air.

10. Re: This made me so mad

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    1 int between 0 and 9 yards outside the right hash, 50 attempts.
    3 int between 10 and 19 yards outside the right hash, 20 attempts.
    2 int between 0 and 9 yards up the middle, 94 attempts.
    1 int between 10 and 19 yards up the middle, 29 attempts.
    What are his stats outside the left hash?
    And what about beyond 19 yards?
    We all know how much Cam digs the long ball
    (And yes, Joe likes it too)

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Just look at the quote below... That is CAM
    OT--
    Nobody knows for sure if Einstein actually said that.
    Those who have been credited with that quote include Ben Franklin, Mark Twain, Rita Mae Brown in her book "Sudden Death" and Narcotics Anonymous:
    http://tymora42.wordpress.com/2011/0...erent-results/
    Last edited by PerpetuallyBored74; 11-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.

OT--
    Nobody knows for sure if Einstein actually said that.
    Those who have been credited with that quote include Ben Franklin, Mark Twain, Rita Mae Brown in her book "Sudden Death" and Narcotics Anonymous:
    http://tymora42.wordpress.com/2011/0...erent-results/
    Is that better?

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

12. Re: This made me so mad

It's Rita Mae Brown

And where's the love for Narcotics Anonymous? <--the closest thing we have to a pothead smiley