Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: This made me so mad

How could anyone possibly type this:

"The Ravens' defense has not been the same sans injured players Lardarius Webb and Ray Lewis, and the team needed Flacco to provide a boost. He has failed."

How has he failed? The Ravens are 4-1 since those injuries. I thought the goal was to win games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    How has he failed? The Ravens are 4-1 since those injuries. I thought the goal was to win games?
    That's where you are wrong my friend. The goal here is to score fantasy points.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    From week to week, I don't trust Joe Flacco either. If by trust you mean have confidence that he will go out and be a great fantasy QB and throw 325/3TD/0Int. He has a lot of up and down games and that is neither a revelation nor a particularly interesting thing to write about at this point in time.

But you know when I do trust Joe Flacco? When the game is on the line, there is 3 minutes left and the Ravens need to score to win. More often than not he finds a way. He did last week against San Diego. Haters are the ones who complain that he checked down on 4th and 29 even though Rice converted. They would have hated if Rice came up short. They would have hated if Flacco through an incomplete pass into triple coverage. They would have called it lucky if he completed the pass and converted. Joe made a decision that instead of trying to force something that wasn't there, he would take his chances by getting the best open field runner in the NFL the ball uncovered in the open field. It was lucky as hell but I am glad he did that instead of trying to go down field on a lower percentage play. Joe found a way because that is what he does.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Hold on a sec here--A stupid question just occurred to me:

Does anyone have access to a data base that shows Flacco's attempts, completions, and INTs broken down by where the the ball was thrown (left/center/right and short/medium)/deep)?
    This site is cool:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...1211250sdg.htm

passtargets-sd.jpg

They don't show over the year, but per game on the box scores (SD above)... you can scroll down to Pass Targets (and Rushing)... its format is such to get a visual breakdown.. shows targets and catches, although doesn't show INT locations.

Saw Schein's post as well...and admittedly I'm a fan. But he's off on this one. And he is a fan of Greg Cosell who works at NFL Films who really pinned the offensive woes on the system.

I offered a Point v. Counterpoint HERE

I Tweeted the post to which Schein replied:

Screen+Shot+2012-11-27+at+10.26.02+PM.jpg
    Last edited by TL24x7; 11-27-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Saw Schein's post as well...and admittedly I'm a fan. But he's off on this one. And he is a fan of Greg Cosell who works at NFL Films who really pinned the offensive woes on the system.

See i have a problem with any article that can be picked apart like you did. Maybe I'm living in a fantasy, but I would think an NFL.com article would contain some actual work and not just be a rehash of what the rest of the media is saying.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Meh - I still think if you put that performance on the much-beloved Matt Ryan/Brady/RG3 etc etc - they would all be on their knees palming their respective cajones.

I don't buy all this "I'm being objective by hating and putting down a player at every point". It's lazy and all it is really doing is feeding into the masses that don't really want to give any other football team/player their credit when it is due.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Thanks for this Tony, great response.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...Twitter_Schein

On why he does Jay Cutler

Sure, he doesn't light up the scoreboard or win you your fantasy league. All he does is make the important plays,
    Thats pretty much Flacco to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Tell me about it.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    If that was a Tom Brady stat line you would never hear it called "average at best".
    It really is a joke though, especially when you consider all the drops Joe had. Cam has got to go. His routes and play calls r just way too predictable 75% of the time, that's why Joe has to throws darts every time to have a completion.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Yeah, I agree too.
    And it is simply the media knuckleheads deciding HOW they want to view a certain player.
    Joe has just as good of numbers through his first 5 years as Eli and better than Cutler.
    But, Joe has SO many wins and not only made the playoffs EVERY season, but always one at least one playoff game to boot.

And if media knuckledraggers will harp about a QB being able to win the big one, they need to make sure they point out how and why they won.
    Don't leave out the incredible catches that were made to win both super bowls for ELi and leave out the fact that Joe's receivers every single season have dropped TD passes that would have moved them onto the next level of the playoffs (except as a rookie). The biggest example of course is last year's perfect pass into the stomach of Evans in the endzone in the most pressure packed situation with 22 seconds to go.
    If Joe's receivers caught everything near them, there would be a couple of Lombardis next to that 2000 one.
    And the pundits wouldn't be talking about Joe like they do.
    Joe can't catch the damn thing, too.