Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Does Ben Play?

Blog Entries

Re: Does Ben Play?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yup. $25.00 is fine

And I think you may win already. Not an hour after I agreed to it, all these yinzer news outlets starting saying he's probably not playing.
    Reminds me of a bet I made with you....

I saw the "soft tossing".

If that's all Ben's got right now then he shouldn't play. Otherwise Suggs and Kruger will be softly tossing his ass into the turf followed by Ed Reed softly tossing a pick six into the stands after he scores.

I am not often vengeful or vindictive but it is my sincere hope they do put him out there. I follow that up with the hope that the Ravens defense lays him on his ass hard and he is out the remainder of the season. Now notice i don't wish lifetime injury or career ending, just the rest of the season.

The look on his face as the rest of the season goes down the shitter while he sulks around on the sidelines would be priceless.

The meltdown on steeler forums would be epic. You could print off pages and pages of yinzer fans crying in their iron city brews. Make a book out of it and sell it in Baltimore and donate profits to cancer research or something.

If he plays, there is a good chance he will have more time for the rest of the season to play with ben jr. Foolish of tomlin to even consider letting br play. Their season will be limited to regular games and no post season.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Reminds me of a bet I made with you....
    How'd that work out for you? ;)

Blog Entries

There are 3 possibilities:
    1. Batch plays, we win.
    2. Ben plays, we win and he lives.
    3. Ben plays, we win and he get's killed in the process.

Few times in my life have I been disgusted with with the 'sport'. This shouldn't even be up for discussion. If I am Rodger Goodell I call the Steelers up and say: "Are you goddamned sure he can play?" The ramifications on the NFL and player safety are HUGE in this. If he plays it tells me they don't care about shit. No one team has hit, sacked, and planted Ben more than us, even moreso with Suggs.

Can you imagine the mental trauma Suggs would have were he to 'kill' the quarterback for real. I mean Ben just had a kid, it is a friggn'n game. Maybe they don't lose to the Titan's and Raider's with Ben this game doesn't mean as much, but it isn't worth the 'if's'.

Blog Entries

More on why quarterbck Ben Roethlisberger is not yet ready to play for the #Steelers Sunday against the #Ravens.
    Roethlisberger went through another limited practice today and there’s only one practice left before Sunday’s game in Baltimore. Since Roethlisberger has not played or practiced since he was injured in the second half of the Steelers game against Kansas City Nov. 12, it’s not likely he could be ready to go this Sunday by only practicing Friday, which would be his first action in 18 days.
    Roethlisberger said he has a lack of strength in his injured right shoulder as well as pain.
    “I’m going to be honest with coach and I think he trusts me to be honest with him,’’ Roethlisberger said today. “I’m not going to go out there and tell him I feel great if I don’t.”
    Roethlisberger said it would not be fair to the Steelers to try to play if he were not healthy enough.
    http://t.co/866nDCqh

Roethlisberger is one tough SOB but I know he learned his lesson trying to play injured last year in SF, don't think he's going to make the same mistake again.

Blog Entries

sure hope you guys are right. this game worries me... they're gonna lose 3 in a row? please tell me yes

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    sure hope you guys are right. this game worries me... they're gonna lose 3 in a row? please tell me yes
    He's not playing.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#axzz2DfMbqvxH

The Steelers went through an unusual practice Thursday in which quarterback Charlie Batch again ran the first-team offense but most eyes were on Roethlisberger, who still hasn’t ruled himself out of playing Sunday in Baltimore.
    Roethlisberger threw lightly Wednesday, and, according to Haley, he worked with teammates only during the front end of practice Thursday.
    The problem: Roethlisberger still isn’t pain-free, still isn’t throwing deep and apparently still isn’t recovered from a complicated upper-body injury.

If he plays, there is a good chance he will have more time for the rest of the season to play with ben jr. Foolish of tomlin to even consider letting br play. Their season will be limited to regular games and no post season
    How do you really know what Tomlin is considering?

How do you know he didn't know on Monday that there was a snowball's chance in hell of him playing?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The article above states that Polamalu may not be in football condition. No huddle will test that.