Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Thread: Does Ben Play?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    The article above states that Polamalu may not be in football condition. No huddle will test that.
    If polamalu plays they should def attack him in the pass game. He wasn't known for his pass coverage before his calf injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Does Ben Play?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    If polamalu plays they should def attack him in the pass game. He wasn't known for his pass coverage before his calf injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, make him look like a fool. Plus, at home, our offense thinks they are the Patriots...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    There are 3 possibilities:
    1. Batch plays, we win.
    2. Ben plays, we win and he lives.
    3. Ben plays, we win and he get's killed in the process.

Few times in my life have I been disgusted with with the 'sport'. This shouldn't even be up for discussion. If I am Rodger Goodell I call the Steelers up and say: "Are you goddamned sure he can play?" The ramifications on the NFL and player safety are HUGE in this. If he plays it tells me they don't care about shit. No one team has hit, sacked, and planted Ben more than us, even moreso with Suggs.

Can you imagine the mental trauma Suggs would have were he to 'kill' the quarterback for real. I mean Ben just had a kid, it is a friggn'n game. Maybe they don't lose to the Titan's and Raider's with Ben this game doesn't mean as much, but it isn't worth the 'if's'.
    Or, going along with your Bane theme:

"His punishment must be more severe. When the Ravens hoist the Lombardi Trophy 3-4 more times and the Steelers franchise is in ashes, Ben has my permission to die."

4. Re: Does Ben Play?

All kidding aside, if Ben plays, I'm not going to watch the game.

Because if he is fatally injured, I don't want to see it happen.

I fully agree with Captain Silver, this type of injury is not going to fully heal in 3 weeks and the risk of death is very real.

The man just got married, just became a father and now he's going to risk his life for one game? Even if he plays, the Ravens don't lose at home, and the Steelers are all beat up, Ben's not going to fare any better than Leftwich or Batch would.

If he plays he needs to have his head examined.
    That and his priorities.

No way in hell. I've been listening to The Fan in Pittsburgh (I live IN LA)- and after listening to his press conference today, I don't see any chance. His shoulder JUST stabilized- no way if he taking hits on it any time soon. Not after last year in San Francisco especially. And Ill tell u what- listening to 93.7 the Fan in Pittsburgh, quite often youll feel better about the Ravens then listening to Baltimore's 105.7 the Fan! It's crazy.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yup. $25.00 is fine

And I think you may win already. Not an hour after I agreed to it, all these yinzer news outlets starting saying he's probably not playing.
    ;) Well, we'll do this again... and more times than not (with my risky predictions) you'll win more than you lose.

According to Ed Werder, Ben has a "35% chance of playing".

Whatever the hell that means.

iggyman555 Guest

@Edwerderespn: Source says Ben Roethlisberger struggled throwing in one practice period involving him yesterday and only 35 percent chance he plays Ravens

Per Albert Brier, Ben is NOT playing Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Per Albert Brier, Ben is NOT playing Sunday.
    Alright! Post up a receipt when you get around to it. It's been nice playing and better luck next time. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Alright! Post up a receipt when you get around to it. It's been nice playing and better luck next time. ;)
    Monday. Promise.