Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Ben Play?

Re: Does Ben Play?

For an organization that is usually mentioned among the best, you really have to wonder what they're thinking. Through nine seasons Ben has played 16 games once. How do you not have a viable backup when you know this is going to happen? You can't march out these bums that are over the hill and remain competitive.

If you look at what happened last year, they trotted him out for the 49ers game when he was hurt and he was awful - putting his team at a disadvantage in that game and delaying his recovery which I think showed in the Broncos game. You have to wonder if they've learned their lesson but I wouldn't be surprised to see him glued together and pushed out there. If I was them I would hold off for a couple weeks and make sure he's ready for the Bengals game.

Blog Entries

he better not play for his well being.

Beachum at RT for Adams. Woodley is out and Ben is per Douchette Doubtful. Cant see them playing Ben to soon with that line on the road. I hope does though. They werent scoring points with him either.

Quote Originally Posted by 13ravenfan View Post
    Tomlin says "door open" for Big Jen to play, but it will "likely" be Batch:
    http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...tarter-663852/
    "

But continues that "[Ben's] not going to be allowed to play unless he shows us he's capable," whatever that means.
    Tomlin also says Woodley is doubtful, but says Antonio Brown is "expected to return" and Polamalu "could return" (they are "encouraged by his status").
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ravenfan
    '

USA Today quotes a person w/ knowledge of [Ben's] condition as saying "IDK if he's 50/50" and then concludes that he should not play.

Blog Entries

If they learned from last year, they won't play Ben.

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette
    Right now, Batch is starter and putting together offensive plan for him. Let practice determine if Ben can change that, or Leftwich

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Yes... and he'll pay for it.
    If he does, so will the Ravens--at 15 yards a near-miss. Count on it.

The fucking Stealers have set the PR game up perfectly. Even if they've backed off the life-threatening-possible-severed-aorta horseshit recently, the notion has been firmly planted in the brain of every zeeb that walks out there, & not a one of them is going to stand by while those awful Crows put poor brave new-daddy Benny's precious life at risk...& that doesn't even assume that Greedell issues them orders to protect him, which 5 gets you 10 he will...

The entire pus&pisscolored OL will be tackling Ravens on every play, & the zeebs will see nussink, nussink--unless anyone gets within hailing distance of #7, when their pocketsize Terrible Towels, sometimes known as penalty flags, will be flying so thick & fast you'd think someone just shot an RPG up Big Bird's ass....

Bastards. I hope our guys kick the snot out of 'em but I don't think they'll be allowed to...

If he plays it means 1 of 2 things...

Either he and the Steelers are stupid because if he's hurt as bad as they said he is, one clobbering hit from Suggs could literally kill him. I don't mean figuratively 'kill him' like just knock him out of the game. I mean LITERALLY end his life, right there on the field. That's how serious the injury was as they reported it. And I don't believe the NFL would allow him to play in that instance because that's bad for the league. I mean how do they expected to be taken seriously about their commitment to player safety if they let a guy with a rib poking into his heart walk on the field and die?

Or he was never hurt as bad as they said he was, which is probably the safe bet knowing his history for hypochondria. And in that case the league should fine the Steelers for falsifying their injury report like they did with the Ravens over Reed's shoulder.

Like I said yesterday, Ben can fake an illness/injury enough to make Ferris Bueller proud.

Blog Entries
    Supposedly the doctor cleared Ben for the rib injury. It's just a matter if he can throw with his shoulder injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    For an organization that is usually mentioned among the best, you really have to wonder what they're thinking. Through nine seasons Ben has played 16 games once. How do you not have a viable backup when you know this is going to happen? You can't march out these bums that are over the hill and remain competitive.

If you look at what happened last year, they trotted him out for the 49ers game when he was hurt and he was awful - putting his team at a disadvantage in that game and delaying his recovery which I think showed in the Broncos game. You have to wonder if they've learned their lesson but I wouldn't be surprised to see him glued together and pushed out there. If I was them I would hold off for a couple weeks and make sure he's ready for the Bengals game.
    Its the arrogance of the Steelers. They are in denial of the fact that they are nothing without Big Ben. They wouldn't have even smelled a super bowl without him this decade, but they think they are good enough to win without him.

Sent from my Linux workstation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    That's what salary cap hell can do for you. Given that Roethlisberger is likely to not start all 16, they were probably more comfortable having veteran back-ups than trying to go with a young guy.

No.

Batch will hand off to Dwyer, play calling will suck, and the Steelers will lose.

We'll hope for a wildcard spot with a healthy Ben, Troy, Harrison, and Woodley. Kinda like last year except we never got healthy and instead got Tebowed.