Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Ben Play?

Re: Does Ben Play?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    If he does, so will the Ravens--at 15 yards a near-miss. Count on it.

The fucking Stealers have set the PR game up perfectly. Even if they've backed off the life-threatening-possible-severed-aorta horseshit recently, the notion has been firmly planted in the brain of every zeeb that walks out there, & not a one of them is going to stand by while those awful Crows put poor brave new-daddy Benny's precious life at risk...& that doesn't even assume that Greedell issues them orders to protect him, which 5 gets you 10 he will...

The entire pus&pisscolored OL will be tackling Ravens on every play, & the zeebs will see nussink, nussink--unless anyone gets within hailing distance of #7, when their pocketsize Terrible Towels, sometimes known as penalty flags, will be flying so thick & fast you'd think someone just shot an RPG up Big Bird's ass....

Bastards. I hope our guys kick the snot out of 'em but I don't think they'll be allowed to...
    THIS.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
    If he plays it means 1 of 2 things...

Either he and the Steelers are stupid Or he was never hurt as bad as they said he was, which is probably the safe bet knowing his history for hypochondria. And in that case the league should fine the Steelers for falsifying their injury report like they did with the Ravens over Reed's shoulder.

Like I said yesterday, Ben can fake an illness/injury enough to make Ferris Bueller proud.
    Ben and "smart" are two words rarely used in the same sentence.

I guess that you could say that Mike Tomlin's opinions on whether Ben should start or not this Sunday are "evolving."

Blog Entries

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/27/...till-to-start/

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin was able to deliver some good news on the injury front with some players who have been battling injuries working their way back to playing.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger threw the ball on Monday and Tomlin said he “Will take steps towards playing this week. We’ll leave the door open for him. He’s got a chance.” In addition Byron Leftwich threw some on Monday, but Tomlin made it clear that Charlie Batch is the starting quarterback at this point for Sunday’s game against the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium.

“Right now Charlie Batch is our quarterback,” said Tomlin. “We are working offensively to put together a plan to complement his strengths. That is our plan until otherwise. These guys will be participating in some form or fashion. We’ll let that participation or the result of the participation guide us in terms of their availability as we push to the later part of the week and see where those guys are a little later in the week. As we sit here today and we are preparing and putting together a plan we are doing so with Charlie Batch being our quarterback.”

and Woodley might be out too? This could be shaping up to be a bloodbath.

With or without Ben this game is going to be a tough one. Would love to see a blowout but seriously doubt it. I hope we attack the Steelers D differently this time (i.e attack the middle of the field) and play a little up tempo at the beginning of the game. We can't afford to go through our customary road sleepwalks.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    With or without Ben this game is going to be a tough one. Would love to see a blowout but seriously doubt it. I hope we attack the Steelers D differently this time (i.e attack the middle of the field) and play a little up tempo at the beginning of the game. We can't afford to go through our customary road sleepwalks.

Don't underestimate homefield advantage. We won in a squeaker last year at the ketchup factory, but we annihliated them at M&T Bank.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Its the arrogance of the Steelers. They are in denial of the fact that they are nothing without Big Ben. They wouldn't have even smelled a super bowl without him this decade, but they think they are good enough to win without him.

How can you say that though? How many games do you think that we could win if Flacco went down and we had to start Tyrod Taylor?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    Don't underestimate homefield advantage. We won in a squeaker last year at the ketchup factory, but we annihilated them at M&T Bank.
    Don't overestimate it either. Keep in mind that last year's "annihilation" came on opening day--when the Ravens had had an entire offseason to prepare a game plan for a team they knew pretty well to begin with. Same thing happened this year with the Orange Tabbies. This team is very, very good at devising & executing a winning game plan given sufficient time; it's not clear if a week (let alone a halftime) is enough. (Slightly o/t, but I wonder how much of that is on the coaches & how much on the players' ability to absorb & adapt.)

this will be a kyle boller throw back game. the ravens will not take chances on offense that might allow pissburgs defense to score. they will play field position and take field goals. pissburgs offense should be pretty bad regardless if a hurt rapist is qbing or batch.

should be ugly but who cares as long as we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    and stay injury free.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    this will be a kyle boller throw back game. the ravens will not take chances on offense that might allow pissburgs defense to score. they will play field position and take field goals. pissburgs offense should be pretty bad regardless if a hurt rapist is qbing or batch.

I actually think the opposite. I think they come out like last year at M & T and just try to take it to them. We already played the conservative game at Heinz Field. Our offense will be able to dictate to the Steelers much more at home. If we get up 10-14 points it could snowball big time.