Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Terrence Cody looks better

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    He didn't say he was not in shape, he said he needs to turn the flab into muscle. Maybe kinda like Ngata. I think that would be great if he could get stronger and leaner.
    Can you tell me the body difference between Casey Hampton and Terrence Cody? Nose tackles will never look lean, and aren't supposed to.

I look at those arms, and they are pure flab. He might be living in the gym, but it sure does not look it. I would be curious to know how his reps compare with others on the team. He needs push at his position, which requires strength, and, yes, skill and technique. But if he has 'marshmallow' arms, he is not going to be very effective. Just my opinion, of course.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I look at those arms, and they are pure flab. He might be living in the gym, but it sure does not look it. I would be curious to know how his reps compare with others on the team. He needs push at his position, which requires strength, and, yes, skill and technique. But if he has 'marshmallow' arms, he is not going to be very effective. Just my opinion, of course.
    Yeah Vince Wilfolk really has defined arms doesn't he?

Blog Entries

We need him bad and we need Jimmy to improve. Ozzie recently
    said if the young ones don't improve our D will never be as good
    as it used to be.

Good to see Cody improving to take the heat off Ngata.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Can you tell me the body difference between Casey Hampton and Terrence Cody? Nose tackles will never look lean, and aren't supposed to.
    Yeah, I can tell a difference between the two. Both are big and "fat" but Cody is flabby, Hampton is not.

You don't need to look lean, but you sure as hell better be strong and tough!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Yeah Vince Wilfolk really has defined arms doesn't he?
    The bottom line is, how strong is Vince. I would bet dollars to doughnuts (no pun intended) that Vince is a much stronger NT than is Mr. Cody.

8. Re: Terrence Cody looks better

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    The bottom line is, how strong is Vince. I would bet dollars to doughnuts (no pun intended) that Vince is a much stronger NT than is Mr. Cody.
    You'd win that bet.

Combine or Pro Day Results

Terrence Cody: 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
    Vince Wilfork: 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 36
    Casey Hampton: 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 34
    B.J. Raji: 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 33
    Haloti Ngata: 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 37

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    You'd win that bet.

Wow, thanks for the intel! No rebut necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    You'd win that bet.

Damn. That's pathetic. I'm starting to think it's more than just a technique issue. I would love to know how many reps he can put up today.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Technique.

Just watch him play. He plays ridiculously high, which isn't surprising considering he's almost 6'5". A 350lb man staying low is a lot to ask. Other guys like Wilfork and BJ Raji are able to play with a much lower base because they're both 3-4 inches shorter than Cody. Another thing I've noticed is that he doesn't use his hands very well either. I was watching the Green Bay/NY Giants game and I was really impressed with how fast Raji's hands were. Linemen had trouble getting their hands on him consistently because he was constantly slapping their hands away and getting his hands on their pads. Wilfork is just kind of a freak of nature because even though he is a bowling ball, he has ridiculously quick feet.

At this point, Cody really just needs someone to teach him better technique because it is very easy for centers and guards to just get up under his pads, drive them into his throat, and then drive him back off the LOS. He's huge and that was why he dominated in college, but in the pro's he needs to learn technique.
    If he's still having tecnhique issues halfway through his 3rd year that's a big problem. Clarence Brooks are you listening?