Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Your comments on our new TV ad are greatly appreciated

Thanks to everyone for taking the time. It shows you care and we'll take these comments seriously. Again thank you!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

My impressions are...

its..
    its...
    its....

It is better than nothing.
    I don't think it be really memorable but it will work

Unfortunate that rsr.com is taken.... RussellStreetReport.com is a lot to have someone retain on a quick exposure. A phrase that long needs a bunch of repititions.

Garceau's voice is ok, the familiarity factor scores points even if the voice isn't recognized.

Reference back to 24x7 is fine, 1- you inform that you are not a newbie but have a solid track record, and 2- the link redirects, so old-timers can find their way back.

My suggestion would be don't flood the airways (burn budget fast).
    On a different area example that has some applications, I have seen carry-out/delivery businesses majorly overextend themselves by firing out a lot of advertizing. The flux of calls comes in and the business is overwhelmed and loses the possibility of repeat customers.

The application for the site is 1-overwhelming the moderators and also 2-overwhelming the posters.
    This site used to have a slower pace, slower in the respect of the speed which threads dropped off page 1.
    Then an influx of people arrived (and I'm not complaining... Leachisabeast, wickedsolo, gota.... are great) just that threads fell a lot faster to pack pages, and it took some learning and getting used to
    If you get a big ad influx, there is going to be adjustments, and the bigger crowd arriving, the more noticable/stressful..... so my advice is don't blitz the media, go slow and steady.... it takes us regulars time to determine who we want to read and who is off the wall
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Tony--Listen to our connazionale above, in particular:
    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Your target audience is really on the internet. ... You want to focus your marketing online so that when people search for Ravens info, they find you IMO.
    Much more important for your purposes than any critique of content or style, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Tony--Listen to our connazionale above, in particular:Much more important for your purposes than any critique of content or style, IMHO.
    You know this board is more than a message board...it's a bit like our Board of Directors

We've decided, based in large part on the feedback here, to direct our marketing dollars online. We'll be targeting the sign in and email pages on Xfinity beginning Dec. 1.

Great, great feedback...

I'm sure we'll come back for more in the future!

Thanks again!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    You know this board is more than a message board...it's a bit like our Board of Directors

We've decided, based in large part on the feedback here, to direct our marketing dollars online. We'll be targeting the sign in and email pages on Xfinity beginning Dec. 1.

Great, great feedback...

I'm sure we'll come back for more in the future!

Thanks again!
    I might also suggest radio. Usually a captive audience (in their car) and do it on a sports radio station or two. Maybe like the post game call-in show. Just a suggestion.

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    We will begin airing this in December...

The commercial is not terrible but nothing near outstanding, it will do.
    The name is absurd, it insinuates that all news about the Ravens is created on Russell St, and that the Ravens stadium is the only thing on Russell St.....
    That name is really bad !!!!! I understand the tight hold they have on the copyright for the Ravens name, but you could have went with Baltimore football news and made more sense than that one....No offense, you asked..