Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This much I know. That play will not only be remembered as one of the greatest in ravens history but it was also be a defining moment for two franchises going in the opposite direction. That play pretty much puts a nail in the coffin for Norv Turner. And for the ravens it's hopefully a springboard to more offensive consistency on the road. We already knew they had heart. We just didn't expect to see it in such dramatic fashion.
    It was a week for franchise defining plays. I am glad the Ravens defining moment was "4th and 29" and not "The Butt-Fumble."

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    It was a week for franchise defining plays. I am glad the Ravens defining moment was "4th and 29" and not "The Butt-Fumble."
    LOL. Forgot about that one.

I think it was this morning on NFL AM, or it might have been last night on whatever they call that thing on NFL Network with Marshal Faulk, Chris Rose, Deion Sanders, etc. but they referred to it as THE PLAY in the NFL this season.

Blog Entries

Ray Rice is special. There are a lot of good runningbacks in the NFL but no one else is making that play. Ozzie and Steve knew that when the decided that he was worth the huge pay day. The Ravens are lucky to have someone who is able to pick up the torch of greatness as Ray and Reed begin to put it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    The Great Checkdown that got the first down.

I think the Ravens are the Packers and Giants. That team (despite our record) that floundered early but picked up steam in December and won it all.
    I think the Ravens are beginning to believe (I know, cue the Matrix) they might be this year's team of destiny - look at Rice and Harbs' comments. Given all the adversity they've faced this year and the crazy games as well as things slowly improving. The D's picking up steam and lost in yesterday's craziness, Flacco actually had a decent stat line on the road. Think the crossroads could be home vs Denver.

Blog Entries

I think that was the greatest play in Ravens history, at least to the present. I'm hoping we don't need an even greater play in the future, but, being the NFL, I wouldn't bet against it.

The comeback in Seattle was great, and had great plays. Dilfer's strike to Stokely in the SB was great, but it lacked the suspense and heart-stopping drama- the clawing back from the abyss- that The Checkdown did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    LOL. Forgot about that one.
    I heard about the play but never saw it, so I went to nfl.com. watched the highlight, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I heard about the play but never saw it, so I went to nfl.com. watched the highlight, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.
    Hilarious indeed. I watched a few times myself. How uncoordinated do you have to be for that to happen. I guess Franchise...I mean Sanchise answered that question..smh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Give me Jim Caldwell!
    He could work too! Tell him to call up Tom Moore while he's at it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That play has to springboard them to a Super Bowl Championship. It just has to.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I think that was the greatest play in Ravens history, at least to the present. I'm hoping we don't need an even greater play in the future, but, being the NFL, I wouldn't bet against it.

The comeback in Seattle was great, and had great plays. Dilfer's strike to Stokely in the SB was great, but it lacked the suspense and heart-stopping drama- the clawing back from the abyss- that The Checkdown did.
    How long have you been a Ravens fan? Were you around when Chris McAlister went 107 yards against the Broncos on Monday Night Football? With Ray Lewis breaking one of the defenders in half with the most punishing block I'd ever seen? How about when Ray stripped Eddie George of the ball and his manhood on the play that beat the Titans in the playoffs in 2000?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZN0CabW6s

I loved every second of that game. Made it even more awesome because I took a coworker who is a Broncos fan to the game.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 11-26-2012 at 08:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    How long have you been a Ravens fan? Were you around when Chris McAlister went 107 yards against the Broncos on Monday Night Football? With Ray Lewis breaking one of the defenders in half with the most punishing block I'd ever seen? How about when Ray stripped Eddie George of the ball and his manhood on the play that beat the Titans in the playoffs in 2000?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZN0CabW6s

I loved every second of that game. Made it even more awesome because I took a coworker who is a Broncos fan to the game.
    Since 1996 when they came here. Those were great plays. So was Reed's record-setting INT return for TD. Lewis's KR for TD in the Super Bowl was great. There have been a lot of great plays, but none of those had the drama on it that Rice's run did. If he falls short, the game is over and we lose. That would have been it. If McAllister was tackled short of the end zone, we still would have had a chance to score on offense. We were up 24-3 when he made that return. If Lewis doesn't make the end zone after stripping George, the offense still might have put it in the end zone, or we may have won the game some other way. Even if he just tackles George there and doesn't get the ball, we still might have won the game.

Rice's effort there was on a par with the Music City Miracle in that it was make the play or head for the locker room. We had one timeout left. The Chargers would have been in victory formation if Rice doesn't make the sticks.