Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

That play will go down in Ravens history.

Especially, if they win the Super Bowl. I know that I've been an advocate of opening up the passing offense more and I know that I get defensive about Joe Flacco, but Ray Rice won that game. That was one of the greatest plays that I've ever seen. That was all heart and desire.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

This much I know. That play will not only be remembered as one of the greatest in ravens history but it was also be a defining moment for two franchises going in the opposite direction. That play pretty much puts a nail in the coffin for Norv Turner. And for the ravens it's hopefully a springboard to more offensive consistency on the road. We already knew they had heart. We just didn't expect to see it in such dramatic fashion.

I've seen lots of 4th and long situations being converted but never one that resulted from a check down to a RB who had to use his legs to get all 29 yards. Mind Blowing.

It should be called "The Checkdown".

Blog Entries

Who knows, this might even be the springboard to Turner's OC career in Baltimore!!! The irony! The irony!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    It should be called "The Checkdown".
    Ray Rice already came up with something better..He called it the "Diddle Diddle Ray Rice up the middle Play":)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Who knows, this might even be the springboard to Turner's OC career in Baltimore!!! The irony! The irony!
    no thanks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't know if I want Norv Turner coming here. That's a discussion for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Ray Rice already came up with something better..He called it the "Diddle Diddle Ray Rice up the middle Play":)
    He really didn't go up the middle (right flat) and I believe the "hey diddle diddle" was a Lidell Mitchell/Ted Marchibroada thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    He really didn't go up the middle (right flat) and I believe the "hey diddle diddle" was a Lidell Mitchell/Ted Marchibroada thing.
    Regardless of where it came from that's what Rice said in his press conference

The Great Checkdown that got the first down.

I think the Ravens are the Packers and Giants. That team (despite our record) that floundered early but picked up steam in December and won it all.

Give me Jim Caldwell!

Let's also give lots of love to Boldin on that bone crushing block he had on Weddle. He ended up suffering a concussion on the play. I'm calling that play "the shot heard around the world":)