Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    That play will go down in Ravens history.



    Especially, if they win the Super Bowl. I know that I've been an advocate of opening up the passing offense more and I know that I get defensive about Joe Flacco, but Ray Rice won that game. That was one of the greatest plays that I've ever seen. That was all heart and desire.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #2

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    This much I know. That play will not only be remembered as one of the greatest in ravens history but it was also be a defining moment for two franchises going in the opposite direction. That play pretty much puts a nail in the coffin for Norv Turner. And for the ravens it's hopefully a springboard to more offensive consistency on the road. We already knew they had heart. We just didn't expect to see it in such dramatic fashion.

    I've seen lots of 4th and long situations being converted but never one that resulted from a check down to a RB who had to use his legs to get all 29 yards. Mind Blowing.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    It should be called "The Checkdown".




  4. #4

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    It should be called "The Checkdown".
    Ray Rice already came up with something better..He called it the "Diddle Diddle Ray Rice up the middle Play"




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    833

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Ray Rice already came up with something better..He called it the "Diddle Diddle Ray Rice up the middle Play"
    He really didn't go up the middle (right flat) and I believe the "hey diddle diddle" was a Lidell Mitchell/Ted Marchibroada thing.




  6. #6

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    He really didn't go up the middle (right flat) and I believe the "hey diddle diddle" was a Lidell Mitchell/Ted Marchibroada thing.
    Regardless of where it came from that's what Rice said in his press conference




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Who knows, this might even be the springboard to Turner's OC career in Baltimore!!! The irony! The irony!
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,949
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Who knows, this might even be the springboard to Turner's OC career in Baltimore!!! The irony! The irony!
    no thanks
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #9

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Who knows, this might even be the springboard to Turner's OC career in Baltimore!!! The irony! The irony!
    I don't know if I want Norv Turner coming here. That's a discussion for another thread.




  10. #10

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Who knows, this might even be the springboard to Turner's OC career in Baltimore!!! The irony! The irony!

    Give me Jim Caldwell!




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Give me Jim Caldwell!
    He could work too! Tell him to call up Tom Moore while he's at it.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    795

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This much I know. That play will not only be remembered as one of the greatest in ravens history but it was also be a defining moment for two franchises going in the opposite direction. That play pretty much puts a nail in the coffin for Norv Turner. And for the ravens it's hopefully a springboard to more offensive consistency on the road. We already knew they had heart. We just didn't expect to see it in such dramatic fashion.
    It was a week for franchise defining plays. I am glad the Ravens defining moment was "4th and 29" and not "The Butt-Fumble."




  13. #13

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    It was a week for franchise defining plays. I am glad the Ravens defining moment was "4th and 29" and not "The Butt-Fumble."
    LOL. Forgot about that one.




  14. #14

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    I think it was this morning on NFL AM, or it might have been last night on whatever they call that thing on NFL Network with Marshal Faulk, Chris Rose, Deion Sanders, etc. but they referred to it as THE PLAY in the NFL this season.




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,533
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: That play will go down in Ravens history.

    I think that was the greatest play in Ravens history, at least to the present. I'm hoping we don't need an even greater play in the future, but, being the NFL, I wouldn't bet against it.

    The comeback in Seattle was great, and had great plays. Dilfer's strike to Stokely in the SB was great, but it lacked the suspense and heart-stopping drama- the clawing back from the abyss- that The Checkdown did.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland