Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Winner

A Winner

The label "elite" is a media creation to dictate to u just who to call great or not so great. The media won't tell me what to think about Flacco.

The man is a winner! Flacco had a poor game for 3 quarters but when theplays needed to be made Flacco made them. This is Flacco's M.O. His niche.

Flacco is not a movie star.
    He's not an engaging personality.
    He is not a drama queen.

Flacco is a winner. Whether he throws for 355 or 155 . Flacco is a winner.

Blog Entries

Re: A Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    The label "elite" is a media creation to dictate to u just who to call great or not so great. The media won't tell me what to think about Flacco.

The man is a winner! Flacco had a poor game for 3 quarters but when theplays needed to be made Flacco made them. This is Flacco's M.O. His niche.

Flacco is not a movie star.
    He's not an engaging personality.
    He is not a drama queen.

Flacco is a winner. Whether he throws for 355 or 155 . Flacco is a winner.
    Preach it brother. Flacco isn't flashy. He just shows up to work and gets the job done.

Blog Entries

The whole team is a winning team, along with Flacco. I've said it before, because Ben caught similar criticism for not always putting up the prettiest statistics. However, the man knows how to win (Part of why we can't stand him). He really didn't get his just due, until his second Super Bowl. That is what Joe will have to do to change the media perception. Locally, we should all know by now that this man is the reverse of Tony Romo. Romo will light you up for 2-3 quarters, with those 2-3 mistakes that doom you. Flacco might throw for 150, but make those 2-3 key plays to help you win the game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Locally, we should all know by now that this man is the reverse of Tony Romo. Romo will light you up for 2-3 quarters, with those 2-3 mistakes that doom you. Flacco might throw for 150, but make those 2-3 key plays to help you win the game.
    You know, I have never heard it put that way, but it fits very well with both players.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    You know, I have never heard it put that way, but it fits very well with both players.
    I'm telling you, this is the next duo for the comparison.

Brady wasn't lighting anybody up when New England was winning their Super Bowls (Albeit with significant technological assistance). Peyton was the one lighting up the scoreboard, but coming up short in the playoffs. Brady relied on the defense just as much as people say Flacco does. However, in the fourth quarter, Brady could be counted on to make the plays.

Then, there was Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. Rivers had the numbers, but Ben racked up more wins.

Now, it is Romo and Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

This is why I say to hell with the elite label. It's a label that helps for marketing.

Andrew Luck is getting shoved down people's throats because he's thrown for so many yards. Even when he was getting his head caved in against the Pats, all that was talked about was Luck's yardage.

Flacco really is a QB that would've been considered great by now if he played in the 60's or 70's.

Think of Johnny U and his demeanor. He wouldn't have been called elite either.

A winner wins. Performs when it counts. It means nothing to throw for 400 yards if the QB has thrown 3 ints and is always playing catch up.

It's like a kicker that can always kick touchbacks but can't make a 32 yarder with the SB on the line. Or a WR that has performed well all season and can't make the catch to send u to the SB.

Flacco is now what Matt Ryan still must prove; that he is a winner.

I'm telling you, this is the next duo for the comparison.

Brady wasn't lighting anybody up when New England was winning their Super Bowls (Albeit with significant technological assistance). Peyton was the one lighting up the scoreboard, but coming up short in the playoffs. Brady relied on the defense just as much as people say Flacco does. However, in the fourth quarter, Brady could be counted on to make the plays.

Then, there was Philip Rivers and Ben Roethlisberger. Rivers had the numbers, but Ben racked up more wins.

Now, it is Romo and Flacco.
    I still think it is Flacco and Ryan. Ryan puts up the stats and he has led his team to 10-1 but he hasn't proven he can take his team beyond one and done. This isn't the first time Ryan led the Falcons to the top seed.

Meanwhile Flacco may lumber along some games and then bam, he throws the game winning TD.

The media will always debate Flacco because he's not a marketable personality and they want him to go away.

But Flacco keeps winning and winning and winning. U can't ignore a QB that has helped his team to the postseason the first 5 years of his career. No QB currently playing can say this including Tom Brady and Peyton.

Flacco is the chunk that will never go away. No matter how much u flush, he'll always rise back up.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco IS Omor Ynot!

The whole team is a winning team, along with Flacco. I've said it before, because Ben caught similar criticism for not always putting up the prettiest statistics. However, the man knows how to win (Part of why we can't stand him). He really didn't get his just due, until his second Super Bowl.
    That's the thing that I've always found a little odd about how Ben and Flacco are perceived. There have been plenty of Ravens/Steeler games (and others) where Ben has done nothing for 3 quarters and then pulls off a late drive for the win and everyone talks about how great he is.

If/when Flacco does the same (whether against the Steelers or otherwise), a lot of people still don't want to give him any credit.

Perplexed, I am......
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

The guy's started what 75+ games now at QB for the Ravens, and you can count on probably 1-2 hands the amount of times that he has cost the team a W. The fact remains that with Flacco the Ravens are almost always in the game with a chance to pull it out. And in these last few seasons, he and the offense are getting far better at converting those "chances to win" into wins...

Case in Point, the (good) chance at a 3rd straight 12-4 season with Flacco under center...pretty impressive.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco fits this Ravens team perfectly. Big and rugged, with a big strong arm, but ugly play comes along with that, he will refine later on in his career like Ben has (hopefully). Ben fits the Steelers perfectly too, and dare I say it, Ben would fit this team had we drafted him.

They are both winners, who I'd take any day over a Tony Romo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Joe Flacco fits this Ravens team perfectly. Big and rugged, with a big strong arm, but ugly play comes along with that, he will refine later on in his career like Ben has (hopefully). Ben fits the Steelers perfectly too, and dare I say it, Ben would fit this team had we drafted him.

They are both winners, who I'd take any day over a Tony Romo.
    I wouldn't take Ben in B-more, he would have 2-3 more rape charges by now from hanging out at Power Plant. Shittsburgh works for him, not to much to select from. I'm sure even Ben stays away from corn bred with mustaches and pot gut.