How about the defense!

I have to admit, coming into this game I was convinced that the solid performances from the defense was part improvement since the bye (and Suggs' return) and part competition. Even with a Swiss Cheese O-line I thought Rivers would be able quickly get the ball out to Gates, Alexander and Floyd allowing to make plays like last year. But the pressure dialed up and the coverage on the back end (which lead to a couple of sacks) proved to be a deciding factor

Art Jones-Came through in a big way this game with two sacks after having a non-existent first few years, way to respond to Reed's challenge!

Cary-In spite of the touchdown (Pollard seemed to bite up a little) its good to see him successfully bumping guys at the line.

BA-Came in as the second option after Bynes and immediately looked the like the solid cover LB he was a couple years back

Graham-Still making plays

The best byproduct, imo, of all the injuries to the defense is that now we see what we have on the bench and we know that there are playmakers all over the defense.

Re: How about the defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    The best byproduct, imo, of all the injuries to the defense is that now we see what we have on the bench and we know that there are playmakers all over the defense.
    This!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I have to admit, coming into this game I was convinced that the solid performances from the defense was part improvement since the bye (and Suggs' return) and part competition. Even with a Swiss Cheese O-line I thought Rivers would be able quickly get the ball out to Gates, Alexander and Floyd allowing to make plays like last year. But the pressure dialed up and the coverage on the back end (which lead to a couple of sacks) proved to be a deciding factor

Art Jones-Came through in a big way this game with two sacks after having a non-existent first few years, way to respond to Reed's challenge!

Cary-In spite of the touchdown (Pollard seemed to bite up a little) its good to see him successfully bumping guys at the line.

BA-Came in as the second option after Bynes and immediately looked the like the solid cover LB he was a couple years back

Graham-Still making plays

Agree. I watched a show on NBC Sports over the weekend (Turning Point or something like that) and they credited the Ravens' ability to "next man up" in the victory over the Steelers

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Break out game for Arthur Jones with inside pressure throughout. Now he just needs to keep building and showing some consistency. I admit I was about ready to write him off as a career backup/rotation guy but hoping he has finally turned the corner. Will be huge if he can continue to get pressure along with Suggs so the Ravens only need to bring 4 guys on the rush.

I think Suggs being back and drawing attention is a big key to freeing up these other guys. it's good to see them stepping up and making plays.

Don't forget Kruger, he's been a beast as of late.

Blog Entries

Pees obviously has more confidence in this defense with Terrell Suggs back and the less experienced players are benefiting from that.

The defense is coming on......stay tuned.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore