Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Roethlisbeger to play this week in Baltimore?

I did not see anything posted and saw this report on NFL.com

It would surprise me if he played since he has not thrown a football since the injury and since his shoulder is still and issue and his ribs still causing pain (but healed to the point where there is no risk for a major damage) how effective can he play if he does?

I dont think he will be able to throw the ball yet alone make a strong throwing motion because of the rib and shoulder and the shoulder is not even healed.

What does everyone think?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...steelersravens

Blog Entries

Re: Rolthisbeger to play this week in Baltimore?

I think he will play to keep the media gushing about how tough he is and what a comeback it is for him. This whole week will be nothing but will he or won't he play up until game time. It will be heroic if they somehow win with him, but stupid if they lose. Typical week for Ben related news.

Blog Entries

Considering how terrible the other options the Steelers have at the position are they are going to play Ben even if he is well under 100%. The Steelers have no shot with Batch. This is a must win game for them. A 3 game losing streak could doom their playoff chances

Blog Entries

If he's healed, great. If he's not 100% he's a total and complete fucking idiot.

I think we can win either way, obviously it's easier without him.

I really thought they could hold the line and just play for a wildcard spot considering how they played during his suspension. I watched all of the game yesterday and wow that offense is bad. This could be a must win game. I think the Colts are looking good for that first wild card and Cincinnati is picking it up.

Blog Entries

The Steelers are looking a 3 game losing streak in the face with their wild card spot slipping a way. If Ben is out of the woods, he'll play. I don't know how well because he's got multiple injuries to that throwing arm.

Blog Entries

I've gone back and forth on this but I think he plays if he's cleared.

My first thought was that with their division hopes all but gone at this point, they could give him another week of rest then beat up on the weak remaining schedule to get in as a wild card at 10-6, but this is a rivalry game. He's going to play if he is told he can, whether he's effective or not is another story...he will still be more effective than Charlie Batch or Brian Hoyer.

I don't know.
    If the injury is as serious as they say, 75% is dangerous to play with. That's a heckuva risk for Ben's career and the franchise.

Truthfully, I like the Ravens either way. Especially the way the pass rush is humming these days.

Ben or Batch, and I like the Raven's chances.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I don't know.
    If the injury is as serious as they say, 75% is dangerous to play with. That's a heckuva risk for Ben's career and the franchise.

Truthfully, I like the Ravens either way. Especially the way the pass rush is humming these days.

Ben or Batch, and I like the Raven's chances.
    2 weeks ago all you heard was how if someone sneezed on his rib he would die.

Now he is supposedly trying to play. Typical Pig Jen drama queen BS.

He won't be 100% regardless, and really doesn't scare me too much.

Our Ravens are building more and more confidence with each tough win, our defense has looked much better even since Pees went upstairs, and the Steelers don't really scare me regardless.

Only way we lose is by unfortunate turnovers.

I agree, but they said the shoulder injury is to the point where it is not life threatening anymore if he were to get it. But it is still not healed nor is his shoulder near healed.

THe only thing that is safe is the fact that his rib is not at a point where it would hit his heart if moved the wrong way. He is still "injured" and probably cant throw the ball well but still better than anything they have.

If Leftwhich were healthy he would be the best they have AT THIS POINT but right now a 50% ben is the best they have but if that shoulder gets hurt again or his rib goes back to that bad spot they are right back where they were before and there season will be over.

If they were smart they wont risk playing him well to soon (they did with troy P and look what happened) and have him rest 1 more week for a wild card shot

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    2 weeks ago all you heard was how if someone sneezed on his rib he would die.

Now he is supposedly trying to play. Typical Pig Jen drama queen BS.

He won't be 100% regardless, and really doesn't scare me too much.

Our Ravens are building more and more confidence with each tough win, our defense has looked much better even since Pees went upstairs, and the Steelers don't really scare me regardless.

Only way we lose is by unfortunate turnovers.
    I 100% agree, if Ben were healthy or 100% it would be a typical Ravens vs Steelers game. They don't scare me on offense with ben how he is nor does their defense really. Their pass rush is not the same and they can be ran on.

only way we lose is if we have 3+ turnovers on our side of the field or return TDs (INT, Fubmle, Kickoff, Punt)