Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Rolthisbeger to play this week in Baltimore?

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    No idea if Ben will play, but if I'm Tomlin I sit him for at least another week.

But that's just me. Maybe they'll play Ben after all Sunday. And then if we beat them again Steeler fans will be calling for Tomlin's head.
    Tomlin has never been good with managing players that have injuries. Not sure if its been his tough guy mentality that he preaches, poor advice from the medical staff or bad luck.

But it seems that if a player is technically cleared to play, he lets the players make the decision, leaves people in too long, puts them back in too early, etc.

So I expect Ben to try and play, albeit at reduced capability, or whatever.

Blog Entries

If anybody could pull it off, it's Ben Roethlisberger. Bastard.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    I hope he does play. I don't care if it's Bradshaw in his prime is under center, Shittsburgh is not winning this game. In Baltimore? Please.

Ravens hang over 30 on them at the Vault this Sunday and they score no more than 13 - doesn't matter who their QB is.
    Easy there, people were predicting a blow out in their house too with Lefty under center....

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Easy there, people were predicting a blow out in their house too with Lefty under center....
    Haha.. True true. I was actually one of those predicting a blowout in that game. Yes, very Homeresque.

But, I think the Ravens Offense goes back to being, 'itself' - at least the, 'Home Offense' comes out to play this Sunday and the Defense steps up yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Here is the problem. They are at six wins now. Even if Ben is healthy for them to beat Cincinnati, that puts them at seven. However, if I am not mistaken, that's their second to last game of the season. Even if they pull off their finale, that's only eight. Where's the win in between now and then going to come from with their offense?
    Pittsburgh gets San Diego, Cincy, and Cleveland all at Heinz Field. If Ben is back by the San Diego game (admittedly not a certainty) there's a fair chance they could win all three. Let's say for the sake of argument they lose to the Ravens and at Dallas, that still puts them at 9-7. And I think they can beat Dallas if Roethlisberger is back at something like 80-90%.

I'm assuming, of course, that Ben will be more effective against those teams if he's allowed to sit and rest this week rather than playing against us. We're all engaging in a certain amount of speculation in terms of just how much that injury will affect him going forward.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 11-26-2012 at 04:35 PM.

I think this will be the usual epic knockout dragout slobberknocker it usually is.
    I expect Ben to play, in fact, I think every Steeler that can, will be out there for this one.
    I think they see this as a must win just to make the playoffs AND to still have a shot at the North title.
    It should be epic, I'm telling you!

Quote Originally Posted by MD Boy View Post
    Haha.. True true. I was actually one of those predicting a blowout in that game. Yes, very Homeresque.

But, I think the Ravens Offense goes back to being, 'itself' - at least the, 'Home Offense' comes out to play this Sunday and the Defense steps up yet again.
    I sure hope so, as that road offense is hard to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I think this will be the usual epic knockout dragout slobberknocker it usually is.
    I expect Ben to play, in fact, I think every Steeler that can, will be out there for this one.
    I think they see this as a must win just to make the playoffs AND to still have a shot at the North title.
    It should be epic, I'm telling you!
    This. I now proclaim the end of this thread:)..After this game the margin of error for the Steelers is very small.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I sure hope so, as that road offense is hard to watch.
    Yep. At least the first 3 quarters. Going forward let's hope we see the offense from the 4th quarter and OT on the road

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    2 weeks ago all you heard was how if someone sneezed on his rib he would die.

Now he is supposedly trying to play. Typical Pig Jen drama queen BS.

He won't be 100% regardless, and really doesn't scare me too much.

Our Ravens are building more and more confidence with each tough win, our defense has looked much better even since Pees went upstairs, and the Steelers don't really scare me regardless.

Only way we lose is by unfortunate turnovers.
    Let him play, his next injury will probably give him some daddy time. Him in a wheelchair holding the baby. That oline better play the best they have ever played when they come to play this sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    2 weeks ago all you heard was how if someone sneezed on his rib he would die.

Now he is supposedly trying to play. Typical Pig Jen drama queen BS.
    This.

My 1 year old daughter gets up and laughs off bumps and bruises that would cause Ben to cringe in pain (as long a camera was on him) just to set up the post game press conference about how tough he is to play through the pain, or how the loss isn't his fault because he wasn't at 100%.

I mean even Ferris Bueller is in awe at how well Ben fakes illness/injury.

Personally I think Ben's injury wasn't nearly as bad as they made it out to be. There is no way in 2-3 weeks time with an injury that *could* have been life threatening if he risked playing football, he could come back this soon and play that physical...throwing, taking hits, etc. Either they played it up as being worse, he overplayed it or they are just plain stupid to have him play. With that said, I hope he does play...we're going to knock them on their arses for the 4th time in a row. We will beat them with or without Ben, it doesn't matter.