Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the big question

The Sun is reporting Ray Lewis may be back sooner than thought.

do we want Ray back? the defense has performed better with Ellerbe and the younger LB'S stepping up. I am all for a statue of Ray in front of the stadium but is it time to pass the torch? this defense is improving at the right time.

Re: the big question

I think they should let him keep healing till the playoffs. No sense in rushing him back as long as the younger guys keep getting it done, especially at his age. I hope he's been able to put some weight back on so he can focus more on stopping to run when the opposing teams back go straight up the middle. It's not like losing that weight helped him cover better. Either way, this is Ray Ray" we're talking about! When he's ready to play he's going to play! Great news if this report is accurate.

Blog Entries

It would be great to have #52 back for that game for his field-generalship alone. When PM and Ray match wits, it's like watching a Fischer-Spassky rematch where they reset the board every 45 seconds. (Most of you would probably watch paint dry but for an old tournament chessplayer like yerstruly, it's the bee's kness.) (NB I stole the comparison from something a Brit attending one of the London games said in an interview when they asked him what he liked about American football.)

Whatever happens, there's no way you can bench Ellerbe again.

There was a crossing route yesterday by the chargers, where Ellerbe caught the guy from behind right as he was turning upfield and limited him to a 4-5 yard gain and stopped a drive.
    Ray might have seen the play coming, but Ray most certainly wouldn't have caught him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    There was a crossing route yesterday by the chargers, where Ellerbe caught the guy from behind right as he was turning upfield and limited him to a 4-5 yard gain and stopped a drive.
    Ray might have seen the play coming, but Ray or McClain most certainly wouldn't have caught him.
    Fixed!

Blog Entries

If Ray is able to play I want him playing.

Blog Entries

I just don't want them to bench Ellerbe. He is a monster.

Defense is not necessarily better without Ray Lewis, they are playing better because they have no choice (i.e time to step up). Having said that Ray's return to the field will provide an imaginable boost. Besides who wouldn't want to see the ultimate chess match between Peyton and Ray. It might be the last time we see these two on the same field together.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I just don't want them to bench Ellerbe. He is a monster.
    Speaking of Ellerbe, didn't he get hurt late in the game? I don't think he returned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Speaking of Ellerbe, didn't he get hurt late in the game? I don't think he returned.
    He did. Ellerbe did tweet after the game that he's going to do everything he can to play against Pitt.

Blog Entries

If Ray plays, McClain is the one that needs to sit. Let Ray be the guy to diagnose the play. Let Dannell be the guy who is told by Ray, where to go and who to destroy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore