Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Merill Hoge is Pissed!!!

In all honesty he hit Weddle on the side but was to the rear of his side. "East South East" if facing forward is "North" if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The people who are claiming the Ravens got big breaks from the officiating in this game are smoking crack.
    It was a very close game, which means that close calls are going to be magnified. I am not claiming they got a big break. Just that I have seen the same play, sometimes, called a foul. It was close to a block in the back (imo) and the Ravens were fortunate to not have drawn a flag. I will gladly take it and move on to the Steelers.

Blog Entries

Trust md that douche bag was probably so pisses after the game and that fact that the stealers lost too, he lost some sleep over it

Blog Entries
    Hoge doesn't interest me. Some I like - Jaws, Steve Young, and the NFL AM crew for the most part. The "opinion" or"spicy take" guys like Hoge and Heath Evans I think it is - some old fullback or other) I just don't watch.

Hoge is the biggest Steeler homer in sports. Its a joke this guy is on TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavnFreek View Post
    Hoge is the biggest Steeler homer in sports. Its a joke this guy is on TV.
    Makes perfect sense to me. The Stealers have a national following (combination of the Mullethead Diaspora after the steel mills went cold + granpaw bandwagoners from the 1970s + Gen-X bandwagoners from early this millenium). They are more likely to tune in to listen to commentary that panders to their prejudices. (Cf. Fox News, bka "Faux Noise.") Larger audience means the network can charge & get more for ad time, i.e., higher revenues. As with everything in the for-profit part of this society, follow the freakin' money.

Why is Merrill Hoge getting it's own thread on this board is the bigger question?

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me. The Stealers have a national following (combination of the Mullethead Diaspora after the steel mills went cold + granpaw bandwagoners from the 1970s + Gen-X bandwagoners from early this millenium). They are more likely to tune in to listen to commentary that panders to their prejudices. (Cf. Fox News, bka "Faux Noise.") Larger audience means the network can charge & get more for ad time, i.e., higher revenues. As with everything in the for-profit part of this society, follow the freakin' money.
    I know you really meant to type MSNBC,NBC, ABC and CBS, too...and profit is bad, we should all share. Khumbaya...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Merrill is an asshat.
    That's putting it mildly.

I believe if the blocker's head is in front of the person being blocked, then it is a legal block. At least that was how I was taught.

Blog Entries

just mentioned in another thread, they were praising the block on SiriusNFL this morning and said that was possibly the play of the year. Even Rich Gannon said it was one of the best plays he's ever seen.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Hoge is more stupid than an asshat. I cant beleive he has a job.