Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Report: Ray Lewis could return to face Peyton Manning

The area we are hurting the most right now is the are we rely on Ray the most - communication.

If you look at a lot of scoring plays or 3rd down conversions, it's usually miscommunication, 9 times out of 10 between Carey and Pollard.

The D is playing better (Suggs!!) but Ray coming back I think can only help.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The injury must have not even been anywhere near as bad as first reported, torn muscles usually mean done for the year.
    Yesterday, he was doing that "arm hook" celebration, or whatever they call it, using his injured arm. It must be healing rapidly.

Blog Entries

this can only be a good thing even if he plays limited snaps

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I can't believe he could be back this fast! Where and how does Ray do this? The reason defense is playing better is that Suggs is back, it opens up things for those Linebackers, UPshaw and Kruger and starting to benefit from that as well, Also ngata is getting back in his groove and Cody is starting to play better, Ray along side ellerbe should be the key start, Mcclain is just not that good.

Blog Entries

agreed^

And if McPhee can get healthy down the stretch it could be a swarming D

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The defense playing better in my opinion started with Suggs returning to form. This combined with pees moving up to the press box and utilizing players with their strengths really helps. As someone above said the only thing that is missing is communication this is where ray comes in and puts everything together. I have been extremely critical of pees but it seems he has finally figured out his players strength and weaknesses. I pray that ray starts next to Ellerbe but u fortunately this is a business and they are going to get their money's worth out of McClain.

Blog Entries

NFL Network reporting Lewis return is imminent

Not sure how I feel about this. I guess it depends on how bad Ellerbe's injury is.

Another variable in the before/after defense is Pees moving up top to get a better view. I think it's obviously a benefit to have him back but I would wait until he's healthy although it would be nice to have him back for Denver. We've held Peyton under 25 points 6 out of the last 8 games (the crappy 2007 season, and then scorched in 2008 on Mcallister Hangover day). I think Ray's the reason we've been able to keep him somewhat contained.

Peaking at the right time, I hope.

Blog Entries

Ray being able to play again this year would be a huge boost to the defense. Also, I hope it would mean that the Ravens could then give Ellerbee a week off during Week 17. I love the way Ellerbee has been playing, but the guy is playing with two broken thumbs, and has an ankle injury. He has been playing through it, but it wouldn't hurt to be able to get him healthy for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Peaking at the right time, I hope.
    I think this is it. It's important to have a great record, but as the Giants showed us last year (and many others before them) getting hot at the end of the year is critical.

Lackluster defense and sputtering offense? If they learn and pull it together by the end of the season without crippling themselves with a losing record I am more than happy.

If you want to catalog issues with the Ravens:

Defense - getting better and key players are returning. Wouldn't be surprised if they rise back up to a more dominant level.
    Special Teams - best it's been in years, from kick/punt returns to field goal kicking. Couldn't ask for better.
    Offense - the big twinkie. I think a lot of people forget this team decided to fundamentally change their entire offense this year, and that kind of change usually results in a losing season. Steelers, Patriots, whatever team Peyton is on any given year - these are people / teams who know to play in an aggressive offense. The Ravens are learning on the fly.

Endlessly repeating a theme I harp on in everyday life, I will repeat: It is hard to see at any given time what will become obvious later. I am sure Americans in early 1943 would not be convinced that WWII was already effectively won, they just needed to see it through, yet in retrospect it was obvious.

I pose this question: If the Ravens are to make it to the Superbowl this year and win, what would it look like? I think it would look much like this.

Twelve weeks into the 2000 season, in the midst of a touchdown draught, who would have guessed those Ravens would go on to the Superbowl and win?

Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens
    Ray Lewis is here at the facility rehabbing. Not practicing today. Day by day on whether he will.