Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: State of the RAVENS address

Luck = preparation + opportunity + talent.

There was no luck here, this wasn't something pulled out of a hat. Ray Rice earned most of that and Boldin earned a bit, as did the OL and Flacco.

As frustrated as I was with the playcalling, particularly the QB sneak on 3rd and 1 we telegraphed, the team earned this win. The Ravens had more yards and outplayed the Chargers at key moments.

Ugly, no. Frustrating for 55 minutes, indeed.

I am sure I am in the minority here, but to me, NO WIN IS UGLY!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teagues View Post
    I also like the approach to the end of OT. I actually said to my wife, "Harbaugh is growing as a coach" That ending wouldn't have been possible two years ago because either we'd be out of timeouts, or harbaugh wouldn't have thought of it.

I also love the timeout call in the fourth quarter when one of the DB's was out of position on a critical 3rd and 4 play. I think it was Graham who was shading over to the wrong side of the field and somehow missed the 3 WR's stacked to the other side. Harbs called TO, chargers looked like the ran the same formation, we got the stop and forced the punt which gaves us a chance to tie.
    I didn't have a problem with OT clock management, I would have preferred running forward instead of kneel-downs backward but it was not a ton of yards.

My problem was with clock management at the end of regulation. We took one shot at the endzone with 45 seconds and a timeout left and then settled for a filed goal. That was stupid.