Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 4th and 1 in 3rd with 34 seconds

Flacco's mistake was Not going to where his strength was, and that was to the Left side of the line!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Flacco's mistake was Not going to where his strength was, and that was to the Left side of the line!
    If that's where it was originally supposed to go.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The problem with that play wasn't that Pierce was in the game. The problem was that SD got way too much penetration into the backfield against the right side of the Ravens OL. I thought that the run blocking overall yesterday was average to poor. I saw KO, Birk, and Reid getting beat regularly.

Eagles just ran a verrry similar play on 4th and inches with similar results. That was...uncomfortable.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I wanted them to go for it but I didn't like the play call and Rice should be in the game. the QB sneak, if Flacco would've gotten low he may've gotten it. Honestly they could've just ran that again on 4th.
    Always take the points on the road, especially the way this team plays on the road. It sure looked like Joe made a bad read and audibled for Leach to move to the right side and run the play to the right, where there was a mismatch in numbers between our blockers/receivers and the SD Defense. We ran it to the wrong side and too wide.

Quote Originally Posted by the excellector View Post
    this one might have actually been on flacco. After thinking about it, it seems like the sneak was on. However, when flacco saw the lbs crowd up for it, he checked out, into option b. Now, option b sucked, because if you are going to run anything in that situation outside of the seam, you need rice in the game. If you are going to run it up the gut, which might have been the original call, you use pierce.

i agree.