Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jacoby Jones

Blog Entries

Re: Jacoby Jones

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Which may have been his first one of the year. It also wasn't on 3rd down, like the one Boldin didn't catch (that hit him in the chest).

Rice also had a bad drop.

As RinW said:
    I agree with what RinW said. Totally. Offense started flat. It's been that way almost every road game this year. Probably longer.

The difference - IMO - between Boldin's drop and Jacoby's was Boldin had a guy all over him whereas Jacoby was wide open. Both are unacceptable, but you can't drop those passes when you're wide open like that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The fact that we are in week 12 and talking about Jones' first drop that really stands-out is saying something.

By the way, I have seen (insert receiver here - such as Victor Cruz with the first pass thrown to him last night) drop balls when they were wide open.

why are you surprised? This board, along with any fan board, is notorious for bashing players during the game, only to get their own mouths shut later.

People bashing Flacco, yet he put the team on his back and won the damn game.

I'm getting so sick of people crying and bitching half way through a game and saying things like "we'll lose out the season" (can't find the quote, probably got deleted). Have some fucking faith in your team, we're 9-2 for a reason. Are they sloppy wins? yes, but good teams put up stats, great times win games...fact

/rant

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    The fact that we are in week 12 and talking about Jones' first drop that really stands-out is saying something.

By the way, I have seen (insert receiver here - such as Victor Cruz with the first pass thrown to him last night) drop balls when they were wide open.
    Exactly my point - WRs are going to drop passes, even the great ones. None of us are going to like it when it happens, but it's going to happen. But, as long as it's not a continuing pattern, so be it.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    why are you surprised? This board, along with any fan board, is notorious for bashing players during the game, only to get their own mouths shut later.

People bashing Flacco, yet he put the team on his back and won the damn game.

I'm getting so sick of people crying and bitching half way through a game and saying things like "we'll lose out the season" (can't find the quote, probably got deleted). Have some fucking faith in your team, we're 9-2 for a reason. Are they sloppy wins? yes, but good teams put up stats, great times win games...fact

/rant
    I'm sure that was RHarris1986.

This is why I don't participate in the game threads during the game but might often go back and read the latter part of it after the game. Jacoby had a solid game and his addition continues to pay dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Exactly my point - WRs are going to drop passes, even the great ones.
    Many people around here operate under the assumption that all the receivers on all the teams with better offenses than ours catch all the passes that get within 3 feet of their body without fail. ;)

I have been extremely surprised by how well JJ has played thus far this season. He has been a reliable third receiver and has made his money on 3rd downs. Not to mention how much of a weapon he is in the return game. With that said I still have this feeling that I expect him to mess up. I just think he has lapses in concentration I.e the drop yesterday. But everyone makes mistakes and despite his reputation and being forced out of Houston he has been nothing short of brilliant as our number 3 receiver and return man

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree with what RinW said. Totally. Offense started flat. It's been that way almost every road game this year. Probably longer.

The difference - IMO - between Boldin's drop and Jacoby's was Boldin had a guy all over him whereas Jacoby was wide open. Both are unacceptable, but you can't drop those passes when you're wide open like that.
    This is largely due to the fact Bolding cant create space. Boldin has also dropped his fair share of wide open ones also.

Blog Entries

I will give Jacoby Jones credit that he has only dropped about two passes on the season. The issue with him will not change though. You are always going to have that feeling inside that, 'it's coming'. That's how he was in Houston. Against Oakland, he dropped one that he should have caught, for being 6' 2", and it ended up being intercepted. Fortunately, the Ravens were playing Oakland and the offense was on fire. Yesterday's drop really put a hurting on the offensive momentum and Flacco ended up getting sacked the following play.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Against Oakland, he dropped one that he should have caught, for being 6' 2", and it ended up being intercepted. Fortunately, the Ravens were playing Oakland and the offense was on fire.
    Oh, come on Ex, go back and look at the video of that play again. The throw was behind Jones and Huff made a great break on the ball. Both players got their hands on the throw and Jones did what he could to try and knock it down. Instead it bounced off of both of them and Huff was able to grab the rebound.

That was in no way, shape or form a "drop".

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201211...ghts&tab=recap

Yesterday's drop really put a hurting on the offensive momentum and Flacco ended up getting sacked the following play.
    And 3 of his 5 catches went for 1st downs and extended drives to help them win the game.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I am purely guessing, but I bet that Boldins drop percentage has been way higher than Jones'. He has been a greater return on the money invested in him than Boldin has been. A lot of that last statement can be attributed to the fact that the first 2 + years he was here they used him totally wrong, but he still isn't worth near what they are paying him.