Does Torrey reach 1k?

39 catches for 699 yards and on pace for a little over 1000.

It's been a while since we had a 1k WR, but I would we be stoked to see him hit it.
    He's going to have a great career.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Re: Does Torrey reach 1k?

I agree. I have heard a number of posters speculate about the Ravens going out and getting Flacco a true #1 WR this off-season. IMO, the Ravens have a true #1 WR in the making in Torrey Smith. I would rather they extend Jacoby Jones, ask Boldin to take a pay cut to stay, and develop their young WRs.

I would be surprised if he doesn't. 301 yards over the last 5 games is totally doable.

Blog Entries

He should. Hes getting more targets this year but his catch rate is down. Boldin at 669 has a better catch rate and has been targeted a lot lately as well. I wouldnt be surprised if both surpass it with 3 home games, two of which are against Denver and the Giants. Id assume shootouts in both of those at the very least.
    -JAB

5. Re: Does Torrey reach 1k?

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I would be surprised if he doesn't. 301 yards over the last 5 games is totally doable.
    That averages out to about 60 yards per game.

With 3 out of those 5 games being at home where our passing offense shines, he may get the necessary yardage just from those 3.

Isn't this interesting. Both Boldin and Torrey are on pace for 1,000 yards. We have not had a pair of 1k receivers since Michael Jackson and Derrick Alexander?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Isn't this interesting. Both Boldin and Torrey are on pace for 1,000 yards. We have not had a pair of 1k receivers since Michael Jackson and Derrick Alexander?
    It would be something fun to achieve before playoffs.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold