Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jacoby Jones

Re: Jacoby Jones

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The guy makes some key plays, and people are already running him out of town because of a dropped pass because of PAST REPUTATION!... how many dropped passes does Torrey get a pass for? It's another classic case of "I TOLD YOU SO!".

Lee Evans.... plllleeeeassseee.
    They don't hear you.

People have been waiting...frothing at the mouth to start the "I told you so" campaign regarding Jones...in fact, I think some people are a little annoyed that he has been much better than they thought.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    My only peeve with Jacoby is that he isn't Ed Reed II when the ball is in his hands. Trying to do too much to make plays.

Otherwise I love this kid and he'll be here for many years.
    I don't quite understand what you mean. Can you explain?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I don't know, that's kind of hard to do when your coming out of your break and the ball is already in the air - and it's thrown behind you. Looks to me like he did just about everything he could to knock it down. It most certainly doesn't qualify as "he dropped one that he should have caught", as you originally said.

Sorry, I think you are grading unnecessarily harshly on that play.
    For what it's worth, if you watch the "behind the bench" of that game, Jacoby was really disappointed in himself and apologized a few times.

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens should give Jacoby Jones a contract extension after this season. He has a $4.5 million cap number next year, which the Ravens could bring down by adding a couple of years to his contract. Jones looks to me to be a lot like Pollard, in that he has found a home in Baltimore and will thrive here for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think the Ravens should give Jacoby Jones a contract extension after this season. He has a $4.5 million cap number next year, which the Ravens could bring down by adding a couple of years to his contract. Jones looks to me to be a lot like Pollard, in that he has found a home in Baltimore and will thrive here for the next few years.
    Totally agree. He has won games for us and has not lost one. Adds a great deal to the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I will give Jacoby Jones credit that he has only dropped about two passes on the season. The issue with him will not change though. You are always going to have that feeling inside that, 'it's coming'. That's how he was in Houston. Against Oakland, he dropped one that he should have caught, for being 6' 2", and it ended up being intercepted. Fortunately, the Ravens were playing Oakland and the offense was on fire. Yesterday's drop really put a hurting on the offensive momentum and Flacco ended up getting sacked the following play.
    You can have that feeling, but goodness gracious man, he is the best #3 WR we have ever had and the best returner we have had since jermaine lewis. He has exceded all expectations coming into the season and has earned the right to play out year two of his deal. Without him we would have lost both the steelers game and the cowboys game. I almost agree with boulder that jones should see more snaps as the #2. Thats a lot of speed on the field when you him and torrey out there together. Give the guy a break ex, he was probably our best offseason aquisition this year.

With Jones, Pollard and Leach coming from Houston and doing well here, all I can say is... Come on JJ Watt, you know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    why are you surprised? This board, along with any fan board, is notorious for bashing players during the game, only to get their own mouths shut later.

People bashing Flacco, yet he put the team on his back and won the damn game.

I'm getting so sick of people crying and bitching half way through a game and saying things like "we'll lose out the season" (can't find the quote, probably got deleted). Have some fucking faith in your team, we're 9-2 for a reason. Are they sloppy wins? yes, but good teams put up stats, great times win games...fact

/rant

Good call! I too read the board during games and can't believe I am looking at fan post's. :bag:

Blog Entries

I would not be surprised at all if Reed retires/walks in the offseason, that we would sign Glover Quinn the FS for the Texans who happens to be a FA in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I don't know, that's kind of hard to do when your coming out of your break and the ball is already in the air - and it's thrown behind you. Looks to me like he did just about everything he could to knock it down. It most certainly doesn't qualify as "he dropped one that he should have caught", as you originally said.

Sorry, I think you are grading unnecessarily harshly on that play.
    For some reason, it seems like Ex decided Jacoby was going to suck based on nothing the instant we signed him. IIRC he started threads bashing him before his first snap as a Raven. So I guess he just sees what fits his preconceived notions. That particular play was a good play by Huff, a bad bounce, and by know means a ball he "should have" caught. But whatever.

Anyway, he was solid last night just like he's been all season. Overlooked, but in addition to his own contributions, that 54 yard catch and run by Torrey that got us our first points is a 10-15 yard gain max if not for a fantastic downfield block by Jacoby

Not to mention the block he was making during the 4th and 29 play. His blocking down field has been very good all season.