Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacoby Jones

Blog Entries

Jacoby Jones

During the game thread people were saying he showed up in his Texans uniform. Aside from that bad dropped pass, he had 5 catches for fifty yards. Oh, and a superb punt return to get us to the 40 for game-tying drive. 5 catches for 50 yard is a level of production from a 3rd receiver that was probably only reached 4-5 times throughout 2008-2011. So, again, good job Jacoby.

Blog Entries

Re: Jacoby Jones

Jacoby had his moments but he wasn't bad. IDK I am still waiting for him to stink it up. That wasn't today though.

He, like the rest of the offense, had a really slow/bad start.

And he picked it up with the rest of the guys though.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I don't know, he scared me this game. He had nearly 2 fumbles tonight on punt returns. In both cases, he was clearly down, but plays like that change the outcomes of games like this, and he needs to put an end to that kind of stuff.

5. Re: Jacoby Jones

Without Jacoby, we don't convert several of those crucial 3rd and longs on both FG drives.

Without his contribution, we don't win.

In the 4th Q and overtime: team effort, TEAM WIN

Blog Entries
    He did have a good game. However, dropping critical 3rd down passes that hit him directly in the hands is unacceptable.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He did have a good game. However, dropping critical 3rd down passes that hit him directly in the hands is unacceptable.
    Which may have been his first one of the year. It also wasn't on 3rd down, like the one Boldin didn't catch (that hit him in the chest).

Rice also had a bad drop.

As RinW said:

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He, like the rest of the offense, had a really slow/bad start.

And he picked it up with the rest of the guys though.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

The one that hit Boldin in the chest also had a defender hitting him in the right arm. Boldin did drop another, and a third, tough catch he didn't come up with.

Jones's drop was a drive-killer and there's no excuse when a ball hits both hands like that. You don't get a better thrown ball. Still, he recovered from that and made some seriously positive contributions towards this victory. I wouldn't bash Jones after this game. Everyone makes mistakes: it's what you do afterwards that makes the difference, like Torrey in the @Pittsburgh game last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The one that hit Boldin in the chest also had a defender hitting him in the right arm. Boldin did drop another, and a third, tough catch he didn't come up with.

Jones's drop was a drive-killer and there's no excuse when a ball hits both hands like that. You don't get a better thrown ball. Still, he recovered from that and made some seriously positive contributions towards this victory. I wouldn't bash Jones after this game. Everyone makes mistakes: it's what you do afterwards that makes the difference, like Torrey in the @Pittsburgh game last year.
    Well said. It was a bad drop but when you judge guys you have to do so on the body of work, not on one game or worse yet one play. Bad games and bad plays happen. Today was not Jacoby's best work by far but overall I am more than pleased and surprised by his performance to this point.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

He bounced back from that rough start to come up big down the stretch. He had like 3 straight catches at one point to really jumpstart the O in the 4th, and had a couple more nice returns. Definitely producing at a much higher level than we've seen from a 3rd WR in years, which is really all you can ask of him.

I love what he's done so far (with the exception of the big drop today), but can't help but worry that there's going to be a big one at some point. He just somehow looks like he's in danger of fumbling when he's returning. It's bound to happen, and I guess it's unfair to expect him to have a perfectly clean record. He's been great, no question.

I think JJ should be the number 2 guy and Boldin the 3. Boldin just has bad hands and cant separate hardly at all. JJ is a threat on every play. Boldin block was special to get Rice the First, but his temper also cost us 15 yards. JJ and Smith on each side with Bolding and Pitta in the middle looks pretty good. I wish Boldin's hands were better.