Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

Did anyone else catch Fouts say, "I sure hope so!" when the announcer said, "this penalty will probably go against the Ravens"???

Poor Dan... never won a ring as a player.. now has to root from the booth while his old team fizzles once again. It is pretty funny watching him slobber though. He's the anti-Cal Ripken when it comes to homering for the team he played for.

Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

So glad my TV was muted, listened to the radio the whole time.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

When Torrey Smith caught that amazing grab on third down in OT that set us up for the field goal, the booth showed the replay. Fouts and the other guy checked to see if Torrey had control the whole time. There was obvious sadness in Fouts's voice when he said, "It looks like he did."
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Yeah there were a couple of plays where he was flabbergasted that the Ravens didn't draw a penalty. A late hit out of bounds, he about blew a gasket when Pollard didn't draw a flag.

I'm seeing too much of this crap lately. These announcers can like whatever team they wish, but they are announcing a nationally televised game, and they need to appear completely unbiased.

But Fouts is still more palatable than Dan Dierdorf.

As for Chris Collinsworth, I actually think he brings a lot to the booth, when he's not ballwashing Ben Rapistburger. ("Now that was just a masterpiece from Ben" - said after a 2 yard dump off pass)

Blog Entries
    No doubt he was biased today but I sure loved watching him when he was the quarterback there

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The best part is that the game was blacked out here in SD so it wasn't to their benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    The best part is that the game was blacked out here in SD so it wasn't to their benefit.
    I would love to know what the GATE attendance was today.. the mezzanine and upper decks looked half empty, even at midfield. That place had to be more than 10,000 below capacity. Pretty sad

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I would love to know what the GATE attendance was today.. the mezzanine and upper decks looked half empty, even at midfield. That place had to be more than 10,000 below capacity. Pretty sad
    Lot of Ravens fans in the place. I swear there was one point that I heard a defense chant, while the Chargers were on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    I'm seeing too much of this crap lately. These announcers can like whatever team they wish, but they are announcing a nationally televised game, and they need to appear completely unbiased.

But Fouts is still more palatable than Dan Dierdorf.

As for Chris Collinsworth, I actually think he brings a lot to the booth, when he's not ballwashing Ben Rapistburger. ("Now that was just a masterpiece from Ben" - said after a 2 yard dump off pass)
    As soon as I heard Dierdorf was doing the OAK game, I switched to the SAP feed. Did the same today. It's a one-man booth, so there's no useless chatter, and my Spanish is improving!

I listen to the radio...but the problem is that the radio is ahead of the TV by about full second and a half. I do some of both.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I thought Fouts was fine. He called Ray Rice 3 and 29 the best play he'd seen all season.