Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A lot of times we tend to overreact as to an announcers bias, but Fouts was plain laughable. Some of the crap he was saying was like he forgot his mic was on. My favorite was Pollard hanging on to long.

"OHHH THATS A PERSONAL FOUL!!! WHAT?? HOW DID THEY NOT CALL IT!? "
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

He's still not as bad as Dierdoofus

Blog Entries
    He was so biased it wasn't even funny.

And I definitely heard some de-fence chants on tv when sd had the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

Next week will be nice because I'll be at the game and the only annoying voice I'll have to deal with is Bruce Cunningham's. :-)

I think we get the Number 1 crew for next week (Nantz and Simms)

That was the most biased call by a game from a nuetral announcer I've heard in my recolection. Pretty awful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Next week will be nice because I'll be at the game and the only annoying voice I'll have to deal with is Bruce Cunningham's. :-)

I think we get the Number 1 crew for next week (Nantz and Simms)
    I like Jim nantz and phil Simms. I think they call a good game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yeah there were a couple of plays where he was flabbergasted that the Ravens didn't draw a penalty. A late hit out of bounds, he about blew a gasket when Pollard didn't draw a flag.
    Except Pollard hit him in bounds, and their momentum took them out, which is why the flag wasn't thrown. When a Charger hit a Raven in a similar situation later in the game, Fouts was mute.

This was probably the worst I've ever heard from Fouts, and that's saying something because he isn't very good as a colour man. He was a great QB. He sucks behind the mike.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    When a Charger hit a Raven in a similar situation later in the game, Fouts was mute.
    Actually, on that play he did mumble, "are we playing on a soccer field?"

Ha! I thought we were rough on Fouts on this board. Take a look at this article by David Zurawik at the Sun. It's very rare you see an entire network being lambasted by a major media outlet....well if you can consider the Sun a major media outlet.

I would just mute it and listen to the radio but my father told me he turned the radio on during the delay when they reviewed Rice's amazing play and from then until the Ravens kicked the game winning FG Sandusky NEVER gave the score. Not one time. Lol. That's flat out terrible.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...,2785457.story

Maybe Fouts should take a gander at Ripken during the AL playoffs if he needs a clue on how to act impartial. Cal went to far IMO to be impartial. Fouts never even pretended to try. The only satisfaction for me is knowing he got to witness that team blow yet another game
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought Fouts was fine. He called Ray Rice 4 and 29 the best play he'd seen all season.
    Are you serious? Fouts was terrible with his partiality towards the Chargers. There was very uneven calls (no one is talking about the Torrey Smith non PI call in OT that was so egregious that even Fouts said that should've been a PI) but Dan seemed to shut up when Jacoby Jones was tackled well out of bounds as well as some other obvious homer comments.

Also anybody with two eyes would make the comment Fouts stated on the 4th and 29 run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I would love to know what the GATE attendance was today.. the mezzanine and upper decks looked half empty, even at midfield. That place had to be more than 10,000 below capacity. Pretty sad
    I was at the game and it was announced as 56k. It was quite full at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Lot of Ravens fans in the place. I swear there was one point that I heard a defense chant, while the Chargers were on offense.
    You definitely did hear this as the Ravens contingency made sure to get loud when the Ravens were on defense. Even better, Ravens players were playing up the crowd when they were on defense too as to make the crowd even louder.