Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Dan Fouts' Charger slobbering was funny

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Are you serious? Fouts was terrible with his partiality towards the Chargers. There was very uneven calls (no one is talking about the Torrey Smith non PI call in OT that was so egregious that even Fouts said that should've been a PI) but Dan seemed to shut up when Jacoby Jones was tackled well out of bounds as well as some other obvious homer comments.

Also anybody with two eyes would make the comment Fouts stated on the 4th and 29 run.
    He praised the Ravens multiple times for their 3rd down conversions at the same time saying how the Chargers offense did nothing in the 2nd half. I really never thought about any bias during the game but obviously I'm alone in this since it sounds like everyone else did.

Blog Entries

http://walterfootball.com/nflreview.php?1=1&p=1&id=6

This guy is clearly pissed! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Ha! I thought we were rough on Fouts on this board. Take a look at this article by David Zurawik at the Sun. It's very rare you see an entire network being lambasted by a major media outlet....well if you can consider the Sun a major media outlet.
    I didn't trust my ears when I heard him say "I hope"; I had to ask someone if I had misheard him say "They hope". Nope. Here's the exact quote, for those fortunate enough to miss it:

“They may call pass interference on the Ravens. The fans are booing now, but they’re going to be clapping real soon. I hope.”

I've never heard anyone make such a biased statement on a network broadcast of a game. Dierdorf may ball-wash certain players, but even he's never stooped as low as Fouts.

On the bright side, I wonder if Norv would be interested in an OC job?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    wow. thats a lot of homerism there. I thought it was pretty one sided commentary. I didnt much care though.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He praised the Ravens multiple times for their 3rd down conversions at the same time saying how the Chargers offense did nothing in the 2nd half. I really never thought about any bias during the game but obviously I'm alone in this since it sounds like everyone else did.
    I'm with you. You're not alone.

But if you say otherwise, this group tends to shout you down when it comes to any perceived bias the broadcast team may have.

Fouts wasn't really bad at all. The only thing that sticks out in my memory is one time a flag was thrown and he said he hoped it was against the Ravens. I can forgive one slip up.

Most commentators will talk good about a team that's playing good. And bad about a team that's playing bad. And the Ravens did play one bad half of football.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

“They may call pass interference on the Ravens. The fans are booing now, but they’re going to be clapping real soon. I hope.”
    I took his comment not as being biased towards San Diego, but towards himself. He clearly predicted that the call would go against the Ravens the instant it happened, the "I hope" was said in terms of "I hope the officials make me look like I know what I was talking about."

....but Dan seemed to shut up when Jacoby Jones was tackled well out of bounds as well as some other obvious homer comments.
    No he didn't!! On the first hit, by the Ravens on the Chargers, I thought it was clearly out-of-bounds and should have been called. Fouts said so as well.

On the second play, when the Chargers hit Jones-out-of-bounds, he made the "soccer field" statement and commented that the officials were letting the out-of-bounds hits by both teams go un-flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I'm with you. You're not alone.
    I am in as well. Much to do about nothing, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I took his comment not as being biased towards San Diego, but towards himself. He clearly predicted that the call would go against the Ravens the instant it happened, the "I hope" was said in terms of "I hope they make me look like I know what I was talking about."
    That makes sense.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Fouts wasn't really bad at all. The only thing that sticks out in my memory is one time a flag was thrown and he said he hoped it was against the Ravens. I can forgive one slip up.

Most commentators will talk good about a team that's playing good. And bad about a team that's playing bad. And the Ravens did play one bad half of football.
    i think that one "slip-up" makes his commentary seem to have more of a bias. so even when hes merely commentating on what hes seeing during our bad half, it just comes off more one sided than maybe intended. Id agree its probably more how its interpreted than what hes actually saying. I didnt have a problem with it because we get similar treatment from time to time as well. it should be expected when he obviously has ties to the team.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Did anyone else catch Fouts say, "I sure hope so!" when the announcer said, "this penalty will probably go against the Ravens"???
    I certainly heard that comment, and my buddy went balistic - he is going to write a letter to CBS and blast them for this totally unprofessional pattern of announcing games!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Lot of Ravens fans in the place. I swear there was one point that I heard a defense chant, while the Chargers were on offense.
    Indeed.. My Cousin was at the game. He said Ravens fans owned the place. Bolts fans left in the 4th thinking they won the game. Evidently there is a Ravens roost in LA and SD and they both get together for when the Ravens go West.