Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

When did Pollard have his head surgically removed and the rettached?

I mean, I was unaware that he had had it removed and then reattached to his right kidney. How did they do it and how did he recover so quickly?

Re: When did Pollard have his head surgically removed and the rettached?

The refs are calling just about every violent hit now when a receiver is in the air and gets whacked.. It's just mind boggling though that 4 refs had a long discussion about it and then came in with the "leading with the helmet" nonsense. They could have just called it defenseless receiver and been done with it and people would have shook their heads and moved on. But "leading with the helmet" followed by a replay showing Pollard hitting a guy with the BACK of his ribcage? Nonsense.

Nonsense is the nicest way to put it. Hitting a guy in the side with your kidney is now a penalty. Pathetic, and it was a huge call.

That call was utter horse shit. Thank god we won....despite that (and other) bullshit calls.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    That call was utter horse shit. Thank god we won....despite that (and other) bullshit calls.
    Now, now. I'm still slightly of the belief that Rice may have been centimeters short on his godly fourth down run.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

I thought you could get a "defenseless receiver" call without the "leading with the helmet" part, but Steratore specifically said Pollard led with his helmet. Which he clearly did not.

That was a bad call and discouraging the hard, clean play that I think is what the league office should want.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Now, now. I'm still slightly of the belief that Rice may have been centimeters short on his godly fourth down run.
    Probably, but he out ran all the sideline refs. They did the best they could. Calling a guy for hitting a guy with his back is utter bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I thought you could get a "defenseless receiver" call without the "leading with the helmet" part, but Steratore specifically said Pollard led with his helmet. Which he clearly did not.

That was a bad call and discouraging the hard, clean play that I think is what the league office should want.
    It's pretty much an automatic fine now when you get flagged for hitting with the helmet. Hopefully the league reviews the play and Pollard avoids a fine.

I think it was closer than the 33 1/2 line. I think the closest he made was the 34, making the measurement a lot closer than it was.

That was slightly iffy, but the Pollard call....C'mon man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    It's pretty much an automatic fine now when you get flagged for hitting with the helmet. Hopefully the league reviews the play and Pollard avoids a fine.
    if he gets fined for that hit it is an absolute crime against the game that this used to be. It was a clean hit. He obviously was trying NOT to make contact with his helmet anywhere near the receivers head or neck. Exactly what the league is telling them to do.

Blog Entries

I thought he had it. I didn't see anything to suggest otherwise.