Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: So is our defense back?

It's been good enough to win with. That's all that matters.

Blog Entries

I don't think it's "back" but it's better than it was early. Not going to crown them as having returned to prominence after beating up on the Browns, Raiders, Steelers without Ben, and Chargers. Get back to me in three weeks and see if we are still saying they are back after playing the Steelers with Ben (possibly), Redskins, and Broncos.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

They have improved with the return of Suggs, Pees to the box and all around better scheme. I think making some moves in the middle of the DL has helped. Still need to work on wrapping up and tackling better.

Oak is a potent Offense
    SD is also nothing to sleep on especially as an away game.
    I think if the O can improve on the road, and the D continues to play well we might have a chance, because we can probably only lose one more with the way HOU, NE, and DEN have been playing. I think we go to the SB if it comes through the Bank.

The pass rush and run D are markedly improved. Great timing, too.

Suggs' return, Pees' move to the booth and a prideful defense has really paid off thus far. I could care less about the weaknesses of our last 3 opponents because we had just as many of them.

When you hold Rivers and the Chargers to 1 TD through nearly 5 quarters, IN San Diego, I think you can say that our defense played a superb game.

Blog Entries
    I think it's a combo of things... Suggs back, pees in the box, young guys getting better, pees calling more creative plays, etc. everything is coming together at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to see what they'd do against a decent QB, and they held up
    Really well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

It's really good that the D has come on leaps and bounds since the bye - yes, Sizzle has a lot to do with that, he's really proved himself to be the MVP of this D.

Only two teams in the AFC have given up less points than us (219) - Houston (211) and Pittsburgh (210).

In the last four weeks, we've only given up 58 points. We basically scored that against Oakland in 3 quarters. That's the least in the AFC, I think. I think the only team to give up less than us in the last four games they've played is the Niners with 55. Yes, you can take into account opponents, but considering how this D was playing pre-bye, it's one hell of a switch.