Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So is our defense back?

Since the Houston debacle, we have been borderline great. I think Pees has finally found the right rotation of players.

Re: So is our defense back?

They have certainly looked really good for the last few games. I was getting tired of watching the D get torn up on every drive.

Having the DPOY back sure made Pees look smarter. Maybe he was calling the right plays all along and now that the talent is back, the results are too.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

4. Re: So is our defense back?

Ever since his move to the booth, the D has played really well. They still give up a little too much YAC vs the run for my liking and Cary is garbage when he plays off 10 yards, but with the injuries we've faced and all the inexperience, they've really bounced back. It seems like they have a lot of chemistry. The young guys are playing a lot better. How about Art Jones??? What a monster performance from him and Kruger, Upshaw, and Suggs looked really potent as well. Ayanbadejo stepped up when called upon (Hopefully Ellerbe is ok, he's been a stud this season). Corey Graham continues to be very impressive and Jameel's stepped up as a leader. DeAngelo Tyson was really instrumental in Suggs sack today and the defensive schemes see a little bit less predictable than they were early on. Liking what I'm seeing from this group although we still have tough tests ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Having the DPOY back sure made Pees look smarter. Maybe he was calling the right plays all along and now that the talent is back, the results are too.
    I can go with that. Suggs still draw double teamsthat free up other players

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I can go with that. Suggs still draw double teamsthat free up other players
    It certainly has freed up Kruger.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Pees moving to the box has made a difference.

Trying not to get too excited since we were playing a reeling team with their own offensive issues. But there seems to be a spark that we didn't see earlier in the year. The big gashing runs up the middle have subsided.. Guys are flying to the ball carrier to make tackles either for loss or short of 1st down markers.

That and we mysteriously have a mean pass rush that was missing for 2 years.

D has improved a lot - but is still isn't a SHUT DOWN D like we have become accustomed to. No Turnovers today. Good for the Offense, bad for the D.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Not to mention Ngata looking healthier. Hopefully McPhee comes back hungry.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

They are playing well finally. The last 3 offensive lines have been borderline at best though. The way the secondary has played given they are down 2 starting level players and 1 3rd CB, is surprising. I wish they would wrap up better when tackling RB's though. Mathews was getting contacted early and getting lots of yards after initial contact.

Blog Entries

Art Jones was excellent.