Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god



    By the way, there's a Johnny Football guy around these parts who should definitely be on the Ravens radar. You know, just in case the Flacco contract negotiations hit a snag.




  2. #32

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    By the way, there's a Johnny Football guy around these parts who should definitely be on the Ravens radar. You know, just in case the Flacco contract negotiations hit a snag.
    He is a Freshman and he does not fit the mold for an NFL QB. He will get demolished with his reckless (yet awesome) style of play.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, MD
    Posts
    747

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    By the way, there's a Johnny Football guy around these parts who should definitely be on the Ravens radar. You know, just in case the Flacco contract negotiations hit a snag.
    After that Alabama game, he may have drawn Ozzie's attention. He's funny about that sort of thing.

    BS




  4. #34

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Not to spoil the mood, but.....can we let him make at least 1 FG in the playoffs before we annoint him the 2nd coming of Matt Stover?

    Anyone remember Stover's last kick as a Raven? a 43-yarder, off the grass turf, in the playoffs, in enemy territory, to win the game, sending the Titans home and us on to the next round. When Tucker shows he can make that same kick whenever the team needs him to, as Stover did throughout his entire career, THEN you can proclaim his greatness. Until then, he's an incredibly talented kid with a potentially great (but unproven) future.

    Having said all that, I'm extremely happy we chose him over Cundiff, cause I think he's going to have a great career.
    Stover's regular season percentage (83%) was better than his playoff percentage (81%). Stover's first playoff game, he was 2 for 4. Stover's last FG attempt for the Ravens in the playoffs....he missed.

    Ironically, Cundiff has an 86% success rate in the playoffs. He's made 12 of 14 playoff field goals (the "other miss" was in New Orleans in 2006).

    I am not in any way suggesting that the Ravens should have kept Cundiff. Stover was clutch. And I like Tucker and hopes he sticks around for a long time. But people's perception of players sometimes do not match-up entirely with the facts....




  5. #35

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Raven's best personnel decision of 2012.




  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Not to spoil the mood, but.....can we let him make at least 1 FG in the playoffs before we annoint him the 2nd coming of Matt Stover?

    Anyone remember Stover's last kick as a Raven? a 43-yarder, off the grass turf, in the playoffs, in enemy territory, to win the game, sending the Titans home and us on to the next round. When Tucker shows he can make that same kick whenever the team needs him to, as Stover did throughout his entire career, THEN you can proclaim his greatness. Until then, he's an incredibly talented kid with a potentially great (but unproven) future.

    Having said all that, I'm extremely happy we chose him over Cundiff, cause I think he's going to have a great career.
    When he does make that kick, his new name will be Tucker Corleone.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvo View Post
    Great pic. Thank you for posting.




  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSF View Post
    He is a Freshman and he does not fit the mold for an NFL QB. He will get demolished with his reckless (yet awesome) style of play.
    He is not simply quick. He is elusive in the pocket (has great pocket awareness) and can throw very accurately on the run and against the grain. Watch last Saturday's game and you will see several examples of that. He is like a fast-footed Ben R, except he will not give you the off-field trouble.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Dude, he is nothing like Roethlisberger. For one thing, if he and my little sister both got on a scale, they'd still probably weigh less than Roethlisberger. Not to mention the what? 6 inch height advantage.

    For another, he runs for an ass load of yards whereas Ben scrambles primarily to buy time to throw.

    Right now he's Mike Vick without the shitty backstory and baggage.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Justin Tucker is a god

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Dude, he is nothing like Roethlisberger. For one thing, if he and my little sister both got on a scale, they'd still probably weigh less than Roethlisberger. Not to mention the what? 6 inch height advantage.

    For another, he runs for an ass load of yards whereas Ben scrambles primarily to buy time to throw.

    Right now he's Mike Vick without the shitty backstory and baggage.
    Yeah Ben really isn't that fast or athletic, he just runs out of the pocket and has the lower body strength and sheer size to avoid sacks, he isn't really a great scrambler at all, like a RG3, a Mike Vick, or even a Tim Tebow....




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland