Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Justin Tucker is a god

The new JT. Not going to lie, I have been scorned by the previous of Cundiff and Hauska, so I still get nervous with running JT out there in crunch time, but he has prevailed and has earned his due. :respect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    The new JT. Not going to lie, I have been scorned by the previous of Cundiff and Hauska, so I still get nervous with running JT out there in crunch time, but he has prevailed and has earned his due. :respect
    Not me i have confidence with tuck unlike cundiff. I was always worried about cundiff missing with how his body language was. Tuck just has an aura of confidence. He is a boss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to spoil the mood, but.....can we let him make at least 1 FG in the playoffs before we annoint him the 2nd coming of Matt Stover?

Anyone remember Stover's last kick as a Raven? a 43-yarder, off the grass turf, in the playoffs, in enemy territory, to win the game, sending the Titans home and us on to the next round. When Tucker shows he can make that same kick whenever the team needs him to, as Stover did throughout his entire career, THEN you can proclaim his greatness. Until then, he's an incredibly talented kid with a potentially great (but unproven) future.

Having said all that, I'm extremely happy we chose him over Cundiff, cause I think he's going to have a great career.

Tucker is the man! loved him from the start. So gald we give the rookie a shot. So far, so good. But the one thing he does for me, is give a shit load of confidence when he going to kick. Love the boy, just hope he to keep getting better, year after year. JT

JTuck is the man! Love the Charisma on the young fella!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yup.

The wife and I are enjoying this all the more because of his Longhorn roots.
    In fact, the only blemish in his career. Go Ags! :D

Blog Entries

By the way, there's a Johnny Football guy around these parts who should definitely be on the Ravens radar. You know, just in case the Flacco contract negotiations hit a snag.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    By the way, there's a Johnny Football guy around these parts who should definitely be on the Ravens radar. You know, just in case the Flacco contract negotiations hit a snag.
    He is a Freshman and he does not fit the mold for an NFL QB. He will get demolished with his reckless (yet awesome) style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    After that Alabama game, he may have drawn Ozzie's attention. He's funny about that sort of thing.

BS

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Not to spoil the mood, but.....can we let him make at least 1 FG in the playoffs before we annoint him the 2nd coming of Matt Stover?

Anyone remember Stover's last kick as a Raven? a 43-yarder, off the grass turf, in the playoffs, in enemy territory, to win the game, sending the Titans home and us on to the next round. When Tucker shows he can make that same kick whenever the team needs him to, as Stover did throughout his entire career, THEN you can proclaim his greatness. Until then, he's an incredibly talented kid with a potentially great (but unproven) future.

Having said all that, I'm extremely happy we chose him over Cundiff, cause I think he's going to have a great career.
    Stover's regular season percentage (83%) was better than his playoff percentage (81%). Stover's first playoff game, he was 2 for 4. Stover's last FG attempt for the Ravens in the playoffs....he missed.

Ironically, Cundiff has an 86% success rate in the playoffs. He's made 12 of 14 playoff field goals (the "other miss" was in New Orleans in 2006).

I am not in any way suggesting that the Ravens should have kept Cundiff. Stover was clutch. And I like Tucker and hopes he sticks around for a long time. But people's perception of players sometimes do not match-up entirely with the facts....

Raven's best personnel decision of 2012.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

When he does make that kick, his new name will be Tucker Corleone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore