Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    What's ridiculous about a backup plan? Unless you think Tyrod is that plan...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: Time to face facts

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's utterly ridiculous.
    You're right Spam, paying Flacco $70 to $100M is utterly ridiculous.

Joe is the plan.

The idea that we franchise him and draft someone else has clear "You still have to audition for the job" implications. If I'm Joe I would straight walk away from a team that does that to me after all he's done for us. Tyrod is a great back up and change of pace option.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Tyrod is a great back up
    Wow. I'm embarrassed for you for making that statement.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

He's played well in the preseason. He's gotten some yards when called in to change pace. What else is he asked to do? What evidence do YOU have that he's inadequate?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

This dismal excuse for an offense is working on its 9th straight quarter without scoring a touchdown. If they get shut out from here they'll be averaging 4 points a game over that stretch. Four. Fucking. Points.

Now that opponents know the only scoring threat the Ravens have is on kick returns, they'll probably just boot the ball out of bounds or through the EZ, & laugh.

Blog Entries
    I felt like they might lose this game but I thought they could at least score an offensive touchdown

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Lol.

People really think Tyrod is the answer?!?!

I'd expect that lack of football acumen over at Scout, not here.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I've been saying it since the end of last season. The Ravens will be judged based on what they do in the playoffs. Regular season record only matters if they don't make the playoffs. They need to get 1 game further in the playoffs than they did last year for the season to be a success.
    Opening round loss this year Gota. They will be lucky if they hold on to the #2 seed

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    This dismal excuse for an offense is working on its 9th straight quarter without scoring a touchdown. If they get shut out from here they'll be averaging 4 points a game over that stretch. Four. Fucking. Points.

Now that opponents know the only scoring threat the Ravens have is on kick returns, they'll probably just boot the ball out of bounds or through the EZ, & laugh.
    If you're going to count the 4th quarter of the Oakland game, then you have to count the 55 points we scored in it. And include the caveat that we had pulled our starters.

In reality, we have gone 2 road games without scoring on O. But one was a ultra conservative game plan against the number 1 d in the league and the other was this shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lol.

People really think Tyrod is the answer?!?!

I'd expect that lack of football acumen over at Scout, not here.
    I think you're misreading. I said Tyrod was a perfectly adequate BACK UP. And that Joe was clearly a franchise QB. I then argued that drafting a QB and franchising Flacco was an insult to Joe.

I think you're misreading. I said Tyrod was a perfectly adequate BACK UP. And that Joe was clearly a franchise QB. I then argued that drafting a QB and franchising Flacco was an insult to Joe.
    I am no longer sold on Joe, and I used to be a huge fan