Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Time to face facts

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hey, where is RHARRIS HAHAHAHAHAAH?
    he was so happy when they were losing, posting every 30 seconds about Cam. I said in the game thread I hope they come back and win so he can cry and go in his hole and guess what happened. ha ha ha haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    For me today just further clarified what the REAL problem with the Ravens offense is.
    For close to 6 quarters we watched Torrey Smith get bracket coverage with ZERO adjustments made to compensate. We saw long slow developing routes with an offensive line that just cannot hold blocks that long. We saw the middle of the field treated as if it were against the rules to use. Last but not least we saw the same putrid variations of plays and routes, over and over and over ect....

Finally in the second half they run a slant, then another, a screen or two and some quick hit patterns over the middle of the field. By doing this they also were able to more effectively run the ball, get more yards on those dump offs and open things up on the outside as well. What annoys the hell out of me most though, is that this is not rocket science, we have seen this pattern before. Unfortunately what seems to happen is that at the start of the next game its right back to the same old crappy sets, routs and plays that are just not as effective.

Great post. My football acumen is VERY low but I just watch other NFL games and these other dynamic offenses, and have no clue why we cannot move forward? Cam has killed be for about 2.5 yrs, I know its not all him, but it has to be a big damn chunk. Its fricken brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I am not saying they should replace Joe. I just dont see anything wrong with drafting a weeden or dalton with a high 1 or a low 2. Wouldnt you rather have someone good in case something bad happens to your starter? Having walk ons or mr irrelevant as the second most important guy on the team seems like playing with fire no matter how good your starter is. See Indy 2011... No insurance seems like a recipe for getting people fired.
    That's what Tyrod Taylor is for. Insurance. You will find very few 1st or 2nd round QBs in a backup role. Qbs drafted in the either the 1st or 2nd round are drafted as potential starters or in some cases they are expected to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    For me today just further clarified what the REAL problem with the Ravens offense is.
    For close to 6 quarters we watched Torrey Smith get bracket coverage with ZERO adjustments made to compensate. We saw long slow developing routes with an offensive line that just cannot hold blocks that long. We saw the middle of the field treated as if it were against the rules to use. Last but not least we saw the same putrid variations of plays and routes, over and over and over ect....

Finally in the second half they run a slant, then another, a screen or two and some quick hit patterns over the middle of the field. By doing this they also were able to more effectively run the ball, get more yards on those dump offs and open things up on the outside as well. What annoys the hell out of me most though, is that this is not rocket science, we have seen this pattern before. Unfortunately what seems to happen is that at the start of the next game its right back to the same old crappy sets, routs and plays that are just not as effective.
    Unfortantely this post is spot on. Everything you just mentioned happens on the road consistently. It was only when our backs were against the wall did we develop a sense of urgency and open up the playbook a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    The problem is the Ravens dont wake up until their backs are up against the wall in most games. They rarely play in attack mode, but rather in not to lose mode. They got lucky today, but this has to stop on the season will end in the playoffs in a game like today but on the losing side. No passion, trickery or taking an opponets weaknesses into consideration for game planning. Cameron sucks period and Joe acts like a P***y for large stretches. He is what he is an average/inconsistent QB. He'll have bad games, good games and average games= Average Joe.
    There is more of a problem than Joe or Cam. Cam is not a great OC by any stretch but it is the Ravens offensive mentality that is killing the offense and that is on Harbs. The Ravens want to be a smash mouth running team and they just are not one. The Ravens run an ultra conservative I formation scheme when the game is close or they are ahead. Only when they fall behind do they go to 1 back and spread the defense out. In the past they got away with it because they have had a dominant defense. The whole offense is inconsistent because of this mentality. Rice has been inconsistent this year as well. He only has 2 games with over 100 yards rushing. He also has 3 games where he averaged under 3ypc. People want to lay the inconsistencies at the feet of Joe but it is the offense as a whole. It starts with the Harbaugh mentality and goes down from there. Cam is not a great play caller but is also handcuffed by the conservative nature of the HC. The Oline is poorly coached. It is one thing to get beat occasionally like we have seen with Osmele but it is another thing when guys are missing assignments and players are coming in completely untouched. There were at least 3 times yesterday where players had a free run at the QB for a sack.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Unfortantely this post is spot on. Everything you just mentioned happens on the road consistently. It was only when our backs were against the wall did we develop a sense of urgency and open up the playbook a little.
    I'm excited about the win.
    GREAT teams have the ability to win games that they otherwise shouldn't. This was one of those games. I'm not ready to annoint them yet, but that play showed me the ravens MAY be one of those teams. May be.

The key is tightening up those things that made the situation difficult to begin with.

It's a shame that it took the ravens a deficit and only 4:00 reminiang on the clock to get some urgency.
    You could see the Ravens were the better team for most of the game, they just seemed content at letting the Chargers hang around.

Again, thanks to the defense for clamping down when they did.

The positive is that the ravens realized that they had an opportunity before it was too late. But letting it get to a 4th and 29 situation needs to stop.

Hopefully the ravens can use "4th and 29" as a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I'm excited about the win.
    GREAT teams have the ability to win games that they otherwise shouldn't. This was one of those games. I'm not ready to annoint them yet, but that play showed me the ravens MAY be one of those teams. May be.

The key is tightening up those things that made the situation difficult to begin with.

It's a shame that it took the ravens a deficit and only 4:00 reminiang on the clock to get some urgency.
    You could see the Ravens were the better team for most of the game, they just seemed content at letting the Chargers hang around.

Again, thanks to the defense for clamping down when they did.

The positive is that the ravens realized that they had an opportunity before it was too late. But letting it get to a 4th and 29 situation needs to stop.

Hopefully the ravens can use "4th and 29" as a lesson.
    I'm with you on this. I do hope the offensive surge we witness on the road in the 4th quarter and OT of this game will be sign of good things to come when we go on the road against Washington and Cincy.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    This is a bad 8W 2L team - and its not going anywhere. The fact that it will have a two game lead over Pittsburgh (even after the loss in San Diego) will let them hide their ineptitude for a little while longer. If Ben plays next Sunday it is possible the Ravens lose out. Even if the team makes it to the playoffs it is one and done. This team is not capable of making it to the Superbowl.We have the wrong Harbaugh as head coach - and for sure the wrong offensive coordinator.

A lot of things need to change in the offseason. It will be an interesting off season.
    You said almost the exact same thing last year, and the team came within one dropped/defended pass of doing so. Hopefully, you're even more wrong this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    He goes long periods in games where he has that deer in the headlights look and no emotion. Did you see his sneak he didnt battle at all for the marker, he went in wishy washy. He's not a leader like a Brady, Manning or Ben. He seems like a yes man. "until you can tell you coach to go to hell you arent a QB" Johnny U. They had the ball at the 20 with like 40 seconds to go a ran 2 plays, a throw a play and settled for a FG for OT with a timeout in thier pocket and didnt try to score===weak.
    All I need to see is the idiotic "deer in the headlights" claim to know I'm reading the ill-gotten thoughts of a reality-challenged Flacco hater.

On the sneak, Flacco made the first down. It was a poor spot. I'm not going to call it a "bad call," because spotting the ball in a scrum like that is more art than science. The sideline officials don't get the same view the cameras can get on a play like that. But they spotted the ball about a half yard behind Flacco's forward progress.

Flacco has been changing plays at the line. The blown-up 4th and 1 (Pierce getting tackled in the backfield) was a Flacco audible. Birk wasn't able to prevent the tackle from getting penetration.

Flacco has earned his nickname of "Joe Cool." I haven't seen "deer in the headlights" from him since his rookie season in the Irsay game (where he threw three picks), and that despite having pass protection that often resembles matadors more than an offensive line. He's a physically tough quarterback that doesn't get rattled even when nothing is going well, and he's doing that having to run plays that practically compel him to force the ball into tight windows pass after pass. He was sacked five times and hurried and hit more, but he still threw a perfect strike to Smith's back shoulder on third down to set up the winning field goal. He made great passes several times in the drive before the 4th and 29, not to mention not panicking and trying to force a bad throw into the teeth of the defense at the sticks.

What's "weak" is the reality-free criticisms you and other Flacco haters throw out.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    All I need to see is the idiotic "deer in the headlights" claim to know I'm reading the ill-gotten thoughts of a reality-challenged Flacco hater.

On the sneak, Flacco made the first down. It was a poor spot. I'm not going to call it a "bad call," because spotting the ball in a scrum like that is more art than science. The sideline officials don't get the same view the cameras can get on a play like that. But they spotted the ball about a half yard behind Flacco's forward progress.

Flacco has been changing plays at the line. The blown-up 4th and 1 (Pierce getting tackled in the backfield) was a Flacco audible. Birk wasn't able to prevent the tackle from getting penetration.

Flacco has earned his nickname of "Joe Cool." I haven't seen "deer in the headlights" from him since his rookie season in the Irsay game (where he threw three picks), and that despite having pass protection that often resembles matadors more than an offensive line. He's a physically tough quarterback that doesn't get rattled even when nothing is going well, and he's doing that having to run plays that practically compel him to force the ball into tight windows pass after pass. He was sacked five times and hurried and hit more, but he still threw a perfect strike to Smith's back shoulder on third down to set up the winning field goal. He made great passes several times in the drive before the 4th and 29, not to mention not panicking and trying to force a bad throw into the teeth of the defense at the sticks.

What's "weak" is the reality-free criticisms you and other Flacco haters throw out.
    Damn straight. What does his apparent lack of emotion have to o with his ability to play the position? Or worse than that, the look on his face? Really, because he looks a certain way, he can't play QB? BS.

Blog Entries

While it's not a line of argument I usually care to adopt, were Roethlisberger, Manning (either one), or Brady to play a game that went *exactly* like Flacco's yesterday, the Flacco haters and the Talking Heads would be slobbering over how they overcame not having their best stuff and poor execution by their supporting staff to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    It is frustrating isnt it? square peg meet round hole... repeatedly.
    Yup Sure is..... :grbac:

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN