Ooops! let the vetting begin.
Ooops! let the vetting begin.
I see. So it was "leave Chelsea alone" for 8 years but when it comes to the daughter of a GOPer, its fair game.
Just want to make sure I have the hypocrisy down.
2. Conservative family values once again not really what they are all made up to be. That's the hypocrisy. Bristol should be left alone...obviously her mother appears quite accustomed to it.
I have worked with many pregnant teenage girls. I feel plenty of sympathy for their situations and Bristol should not be the subject here at all...as Chelsea shouldn't have been then. Republicans believe they have a market on family values. When a 17 year old girl gets pregnant, there was someone not paying attention or putting their family first. Its the person who wasn't paying attention to her daughter and instead was probably illegally pressuring to have people fired who should be scrutinzed. No?
I dont know of this "conservative family values" of which you speak. other then then the religious zelots, I hear both sides railing against this.
Not to mention you have once again left out some important info.
The decision to drop this info the public because lefty blogs were speculating that Palin herself was preggers.
Keep it up though. If you folks on the left wanna take it to the mud, go for it. Only helps McCain by pissing off the female vote -- Something the Obama campaign is doing a great job of as of late.
Rove and McCain HATE each other. No, better yet, they loath each other. You need to do a rewind back to 2000 and research just how bitter the two camps are towards each other. The fact that you even bring the name up shows you get most of your info from the lefty blogs and not the news. Only the most leftist of blog sites keep this Rove / Bush / McCain cabal going. Here, in the real world, people have egos and those three do not play well together.
Palin was a pick because Obama dropped the ball with Biden. Nothing more. The female vote by and large is sitting on their hands right now, as shown in the very small pop in Obama's numbers after a months worth of Hollywood-Like press. Same thing happened in Reagan's 1st term -- the left snubbed women, thinking they could get by on an uber-liberal and his lofty ideas. They learned and propped up Ferraro for the 2nd try at Reagan but it was too late.
You really think that, huh?
The Clintons made their mark on political politics by not playing on the level playing field -- rather, they CLEAR the playing field. No person was / is immune to their attacks. To say one side is free of mud is laughable. ALL politicians sling mud; been going on since the colonial times.
This is a women who was chosen for her family values...She has a pregnant unmmarried daughter, husband with a DUI and ties to several scandals in Alaska. I like the Dems record much better on family values at this point.
For once, I agree with TRAP.
You're simply cutting and pasting stuff from your blogs.
Insiders in the Obama camp are reporting they are VERY concerned.
No bounce from the a speech that ranks up there as the 3 best in political history. A horrible VP pick in Biden -- if you're running a campaign on change, the LAST person you shoudl pick is a 30+ yr politician. And now, the left is making Palin into the sympathy candidate by their smears when, if you look at her history, has a long track record (longer then Obama) of change in Gubmint.
Keep focusing on the minutia, G7. The GOP will be laughing its way to victory in November.
Whether or not this issue is being hypocrital is insignificant.
The problem I have is this: Palin has a child with Downs Syndrome and a pregnant teenage daughter. By running for VP, she's denying her family the time it needs.
Palin is now burning the candle at both ends - either her family will crack or she will - and that's not what's best for this country!
VERY concerned??? Please do show.
The Palin Meltdown in Slo-Mo
By Greg Sargent - September 1, 2008, 6:20PM
On the same day that the Republicans were forced to dramatically cut back their convention activities, the Palin Meltdown unfolded with extraordinary speed. It's worth pondering the totality of what happened today, in a mere half day...
* The news that Palin once backed the Bridge to Nowhere went national.
* It emerged that Palin has links to the bizarro Alaska Independence Party, which harbors the goal of seceding from the union that McCain and Palin seek to lead.
* The news broke that as governor, Palin relied on an earmark system she now opposes. Taken along with the Bridge to Nowhere stuff, this threatens to undercut her reformist image, something that was key to her selection as McCain's Veep candidate.
* The news broke that Palin's 17-year-old daughter became pregnant out of wedlock at a time when the conservative base had finally started rallying behind McCain's candidacy.
* Barely moments after McCain advisers put out word that McCain had known of Bristol Palin's pregnancy, the Anchorage Daily News revealed that Palin's own spokesperson hadn't known about it only two days ago.
* It came out that Republican lawyers are up in Alaska vetting Palin -- now, more than 72 hours after it was announced that she'd been picked.
* Palin lawyered up in relation to the trooper-gate probe in Alaska -- a move that ensures far more serious attention to the story from the major news orgs.
What else will come out today? After all, there are still six hours left until September 2nd...
Great day for the moose hunter, indeed. Didn't see the "horrible" pick of Biden cause this much concern. VP's should be neutral...Biden has been exactly that.
The point is fellas, This is a decison made by John Mccain...That is NOT minutia. You guys miss the point if you think this is all about the beauty queen, this is about the reckless and impulsive Mccain and his campaign which will become more and more of a rallying point for Obama once all of the charades of the conventions are over.. Like I said it was a hail mary that at this point seems more like a hail Boller - that is well-thrown but about 10 yards out of bounds.
Long way to go.
I got a bigger problem with a president doinking some Ho in the oval office with a cigar then I do a perspective VP candidates daughter being pregnant.